Schefter says Cowboys are expected to have interest in Darius Leonard

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So seems consensus is most think he is a bum.
But if Philly signs him, the same ones will call Jerry dumb, and go ona 50 page tantrum for not signing him.
He is not a bum. He is just not the same player after his back surgery last year. His role on the colts defense was reduced and they were about to shut him down for the year which caused the friction leading to his release. I’m sure somebody will take a flyer on him but they aren’t getting the all-pro version.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely must take a look.

If the boys can get him really cheap for just this year, perfect. But I wouldn't rule out a cheap deal for this year and next. Just not a big long-term deal right now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How many other contending teams have such a clear opportunity for Leonard to come in and earn a starting job? This could be the advantage the cowboys have in negotiations.

Plankton

Reaction score
Stephen is getting the piggy bank out for this one.
giphy.gif

CWR

Reaction score
I'd love to see what he still has if anything. Hell even him mentoring and his brain in this linebacker group would be a plus.

I thought it was pretty cool he was still out in the community handing out turkeys and what not, even after getting released. That's the type of human being you want representing the organization.

Proof

Reaction score
He did lose both the starting job and then his job coming off the bench.

His competitiveness and wanting to prove it will help but his body might not be up to it.
to injury though and then salary. might be a good reclamation