Schoon and Walesko

blueblood70

Reaction score
These 2 guys better show they are available to play this year or sayonara baby!…. Who else did I leave out?
You left out yourself you're not a GM you have no control nor can you tell the future of any of these players so stop acting like things you say are going to end up coming true if they decide to let them go they'll let him go they decide to keep him another year more you're going to have to deal with it...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You left out yourself you're not a GM you have no control nor can you tell the future of any of these players so stop acting like things you say are going to end up coming true if they decide to let them go they'll let him go they decide to keep him another year more you're going to have to deal with it...
LOL, brother. You're right but so is @malbis030347 . These players need to show up this year if this team has a chance to reach the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Waletzko probably won’t make the team but Schoonmaker isn’t that bad to the point where he won’t at least play out his rookie deal.

He was just overdrafted is all.

Nashon Wright was more of a waste.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schoonmaker is not going anywhere for a few more years.

As posted above, Waletzgo may be caught up in a numbers game. As his injury history does not help. They drafted 3 OL and Hoffman and Richard’s are ahead of him on paper at this point.

malbis030347

Reaction score
I doubt they will be on the roster if they don’t get out of training camp in one piece… we have to many up and coming players Available and ready

_sturt_

Reaction score
Schoonmaker is not vulnerable, nor should he be. He showed enough in year 1 to suggest he's going to be, at least, decent. As a 2nd rounder, though, he certainly needs to continue to show progress.

Waletzko is vulnerable, as is Ball. They've got some significant legitimate competition for jobs. They also have the advantage that they have some training camps under their belt. I'm persuaded that if either or both make the 53 man, it will be because they earned it... not a matter of default... not a matter of "these were the best of the bad lot."

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Schoonmaker is not vulnerable, nor should he be. He showed enough in year 1 to suggest he's going to be, at least, decent. As a 2nd rounder, though, he certainly needs to continue to show progress.

Waletzko is vulnerable, as is Ball. They've got some significant legitimate competition for jobs. They also have the advantage that they have some training camps under their belt. I'm persuaded that if either or both make the 53 man, it will be because they earned it... not a matter of default... not a matter of "these were the best of the bad lot."
They need MattW to be the RT2.

So that would be a serback if he gets cut.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These 2 guys better show they are available to play this year or sayonara baby!…. Who else did I leave out?
Starting a thread about two players who need to show up this year....and those are the two you picked out???

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Make Waletzko a DE ala Too tall. Send him to boxing school.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
LOL yikes brother.

I don’t think Schoon is a possible cut this year. I think they go 3 years with this guy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Schoonmaker has to stay healthy and block better. What Green Bay did to our defense in the playoffs is what I believe MM wants to do with our offense. Play 12 personnel and keep the defense guessing. When done correctly the 12 personnel is the best offensive setup because you don’t know if a team is going to run or pass.

Walesko needs to be healthy. If so he is right tackle 2.

Carson

Reaction score
Waletzko probably won’t make the team but Schoonmaker isn’t that bad to the point where he won’t at least play out his rookie deal.

He was just overdrafted is all.

Nashon Wright was more of a waste.
Yep. He still makes the final roster for the next two years no issues. Although I expect Stephens and Spann-Ford to eat into a lot of his snaps.

Wright is likely out this year. I’d dangle him to Washington and see if we can at least land a late conditional pick.

Waletzko and Ball should be gone. Dont believe they show more upside than the younger guys

Last edited:

Mcsports

Reaction score
Waletzko hasn’t had a chance to show anything because of injuries .
His pre draft athleticism was off the charts for an off tackle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I doubt they will be on the roster if they don’t get out of training camp in one piece… we have to many up and coming players Available and ready
I never said you were right or wrong I'm just saying your post is falling short who cares about those players anyway it's like you're looking for a shock value like jazz said above it this post makes no sense I don't know what you were intending but it's not landing correctly from what I'm reading I mean you don't really know a person's future so why don't we just let the coaches decide who remains on the roster and just roll with it.....