Schoon and Walesko

blueblood70

Reaction score
I doubt they will be on the roster if they don’t get out of training camp in one piece… we have to many up and coming players Available and ready
I don't know what people's problem is with Luke schoonmaker but I think he did it admirable job in the limited role he had last year they're not getting rid of a second round pick he's a good blocker probably above average blocker and he caught in traffic so he's not special but as a number two I think he's gonna improve this year and all this other nonsense you know you're probably right the other offensive lineman they've been trying for a couple years here are probably gonna be gone maybe even this offseason but Luke schoonmaker's gonna get a chance to develop here.. We kept Rico or whatever his name was that tight end forever as a project and Luke's good makers already gave more to the team just in his first rookie season...

So I wouldn't write this dude off yet just because they got some free agents and some other intriguing guys those guys could end up going the way of Blake jarwin you know the guy who could have been but never was at least Luke has a specific role here very good above average blocker he caught in traffic but he's not gonna do anything special but if he could just be a role player he doesn't not need to be dynamic to stay on the team..

malbis030347

Reaction score
Starting a thread about two players who need to show up this year....and those are the two you picked out???
We have lots of new players waiting in the wings but only so many roster spots to go around so yes I picked them… I also should have added Ball to the list

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s important to keep in mind that Schoonmaker didn’t draft himself that high. Take it up with some others.

Fergusons year two jump didn’t help his ability to put up recognizable catch numbers.

I don’t think he played terribly, nor was he one of those types that can’t even get on the field.

He was overdrafted for his skill set/upside. That not his fault.

If there’s something to be concerned about, he has a vast injury history, and that typically continues for players of that nature.

They absolutely panicked because they probably decided going into the draft that they must have a Schulz replacement in a deep TE draft…and after passing on LaPorta in the first, coupled with the run in the early second round, they reached.

Strange because they typically count on rookies and/or second year guys more than they ought to, but didn’t figure on Ferguson emerging.

Face it, and claim the ‘draft well’ narrative all you like, but the Friday portion of the draft of late is why there are so many holes/questions on this roster.

McMicah

Reaction score
Matt W is a cut man walking.

He didn’t even play in preseason well last year and he’s injured all the time. He gone

conner01

Reaction score
Schoonmaker is not going anywhere for a few more years.

As posted above, Waletzgo may be caught up in a numbers game. As his injury history does not help. They drafted 3 OL and Hoffman and Richard’s are ahead of him on paper at this point.
We rarely cut gots on rookie deals. Wally could be one of the few. Shoon isn’t going anywhere.

Motorola

Reaction score
Schoonmaker is not going anywhere for a few more years.

As posted above, WALETZGO may be caught up in a numbers game. As his injury history does not help. They drafted 3 OL and Hoffman and Richard’s are ahead of him on paper at this point.
I see what you did there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have lots of new players waiting in the wings but only so many roster spots to go around so yes I picked them… I also should have added Ball to the list
Walesko and Ball are both dead men walking. If either makes the 53 it would be a surprise. They are both just PS guys.

quickccc

Reaction score
These 2 guys better show they are available to play this year or sayonara baby!…. Who else did I leave out?
Cowboys will just let Schoon play out his rookie contract and hope he surprisingly emerges .. in meantime,, could a newcomer
such as undrafted candidates Stephens and Brevyn Spann-Ford emerge past Schoon on the depth chart.

- Otherwise draft politics by default could decide if Schoon remains on the team. ala high draft pick,(2nd rd)
and ideal physical measurements in size and str8- line speed.

- Henderson maybe the more long shot to make the team, if he does not have an impressive camp, imo..

quickccc

Reaction score
Waletzko hasn’t had a chance to show anything because of injuries .
His pre draft athleticism was off the charts for an off tackle.
and it may end up being those same nagging injuries that the club decides to move on from him.

Cannot develop if he is always hurt (shoulders) ..and the numbers could catch up to him if they decide to better risk
other developing candidates that likely could be available

i hate that cuz of the wasted loss of draft picks, but them the breaks ..every NFL team goes thru, and at least this is Not
a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rookie Snaps Played on Offense:
Schoonmaker: 31% (2023)
Jake Ferguson: 40% (2022)