CFZ Schotty and Dak Prescott

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last series of his career was against the Eagles b team….he had 3 passes for 29 yards. :lmao:
Stone cold after a long injury hiatus. So....if he gets a few more series.....maybe 100 yards? 120? For a partial game.

You won't address why they pulled Romo right quick. Hmmm...interesting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t remember the exact stats I can look them up what do remember is McFadden was more responsible than anything Romo did against the eagles 2nd stringers

He took a dump off pass bout 20 yards and had a decent run. Romo was aided by 30 yard interference call on dez

I remember 2 decent passes to Williams 1 for the TD. I guess that’s what you refer to as carving up these days
Man I don’t know who they think they’re kidding. That drive did not show Romo’s body would hold up lol. I took it as a nice send off for the guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stone cold after a long injury hiatus. So....if he gets a few more series.....maybe 100 yards? 120? For a partial game.

You won't address why they pulled Romo right quick. Hmmm...interesting.
They pulled him so he wouldn’t get killed. No point in getting him hurt let Sanchez take the hits.

starfan1

Reaction score
Man I don’t know who they think they’re kidding. That drive did not show Romo’s body would hold up lol. I took it as a nice send off for the guy.
He was a fan favorite I get that. And the longer Dak goes without being part of a championship run team we’re probably going to continue to hear about him as Dak replaced him

It’s funny because I had more disdain for his over top fans than I ever did for him and some of the same reasons Dak has failed is why Romo was part of failing teams yet they vilify Dak for them

I was done with Romo in 13 then he had that great 14. I was back on board but his body was broke

I’m at the point with Dak that if he gets replaced I’ll lose no sleep. If they extend him I’ll lose no sleep

I may be a bit more in favor of option 2 as I know it will irritate some of the folks that have made message boards annoying but the best scenarios for this team include the absence of skelator and his son

conner01

Reaction score
We will see intelligent play calling. We will see better in-game awareness and situational football play calling.

That's something Kellen Moore wasn't intelligent enough to do here.
Moore was always on attack but that doesn’t allow you to really exploit play action.

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm just asking you to be honest with what I say. Not embellish it to try to make me look foolish.

I don;t need any extra help with that. :)

Never said he "carved 'em up" I said he drove the team down and looked good doing it, obscene stats or not, helpful penalties...whatever....you take the team down and score. THEN....oddly pulled right quick. Weird.
You and I are not ever gonna be in accord on this guy and probably EE either but I’m not making stuff up but I’m also not gonna try and go through the multiple times we’ve discussed it to find where you said it so we’ll just go with you never said carve them up specifically it’s not that serious

I’m not sure why he was pulled. Don’t care actually all that did was give fans false hope they were never gonna bench a qb that had just ran off 10 in a row

not certain he was ever gonna have a better shot than 14 and the same crappy defense that failed him in 14 failed Dak in 16

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was a fan favorite I get that. And the longer Dak goes without being part of a championship run team we’re probably going to continue to hear about him as Dak replaced him

It’s funny because I had more disdain for his over top fans than I ever did for him and some of the same reasons Dak has failed is why Romo was part of failing teams yet they vilify Dak for them

I was done with Romo in 13 then he had that great 14. I was back on board but his body was broke

I’m at the point with Dak that if he gets replaced I’ll lose no sleep. If they extend him I’ll lose no sleep

I may be a bit more in favor of option 2 as I know it will irritate some of the folks that have made message boards annoying but the best scenarios for this team include the absence of skelator and his son
I can’t even argue against that. If Dak keeps doing what he’s doing against San Fran then yeah he can be replaced with a rookie to.

The people that get me are the ones who saw Romo for 10 years and think he was going to win a ring in 2016….just wasn’t happening. He showed us who he was time and time again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You and I are not ever gonna be in accord on this guy and probably EE either but I’m not making stuff up but I’m also not gonna try and go through the multiple times we’ve discussed it to find where you said it so we’ll just go with you never said carve them up specifically it’s not that serious

I’m not sure why he was pulled. Don’t care actually all that did was give fans false hope they were never gonna bench a qb that had just ran off 10 in a row

not certain he was ever gonna have a better shot than 14 and the same crappy defense that failed him in 14 failed Dak in 16
Yeah...that's the thing that does seprate us. I was like" why did they even put him in"...then "okay...NOW...why did they promptly pull him"? WEIRD.,

Not sure how that question means absolutely nothing. There has to be a reason we don't want to discuss it. "I just don;t care"....is not a reason. WHY don;t we care?

Since when does this kind of thing happen? Were they trying to showcase Romo for trade value? Why pull him so quick on such a short series? Protect Dak from Injury? Why then put Dak back in? See if Romo would fail? SHow everyone they were right about leaving Dak? That didnt; work well better put Dak back in. Makes as much or more sense than anything else.

If I remember right, Dak was not having the best game. There HAS to be some reasoning behind this...like there is for every single thing humans do...including ignoring stuff.

YEs...in the past. Fine. History is an interesting subject...for some.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t even argue against that. If Dak keeps doing what he’s doing against San Fran then yeah he can be replaced with a rookie to.

The people that get me are the ones who saw Romo for 10 years and think he was going to win a ring in 2016….just wasn’t happening. He showed us who he was time and time again.
The thing you continue to ignore is a healthy Romo. I give Dak a TON of credit for that. HE performed VERY well for unexpectingly starting.

In the past....ROmo would either just keep playing injured...or come back way too soon. QB's can;t play very well with a busted shoulder and it showed. Just to name one injury.

I can see...you choose to totally ignore this factual aspect. FIne. We all have our agenda to shove around. And we'll use whatever we need to do it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yeah...that's the thing that does seprate us. I was like" why did they even put him in"...then "okay...NOW...why did they promptly pull him"? WEIRD.,

Not sure how that question means absolutely nothing. There has to be a reason we don't want to discuss it. "I just don;t care"....is not a reason. WHY don;t we care?

Since when does this kind of thing happen? Were they trying to showcase Romo for trade value? Why pull him so quick on such a short series? Protect Dak from Injury? Why then put Dak back in? See if Romo would fail? SHow everyone they were right about leaving Dak? That didnt; work well better put Dak back in. Makes as much or more sense than anything else.

If I remember right, Dak was not having the best game. There HAS to be some reasoning behind this...like there is for every single thing humans do...including ignoring stuff.

YEs...in the past. Fine. History is an interesting subject...for some.
I’m lazy in my old age I don’t put that much thought into stuff. Heck not even in my younger years

I honestly don’t think they trusted him to be healthy and based on no one else lining up for his services my guess is they weren’t the only ones

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The thing you continue to ignore is a healthy Romo. I give Dak a TON of credit for that. HE performed VERY well for unexpectingly starting.

In the past....ROmo would either just keep playing injured...or come back way too soon. QB's can;t play very well with a busted shoulder and it showed. Just to name one injury.

I can see...you choose to totally ignore this factual aspect. FIne. We all have our agenda to shove around. And we'll use whatever we need to do it.
That’s my point. If he can’t perform hurt and he’s always hurt? What’s the point?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s my point. If he can’t perform hurt and he’s always hurt? What’s the point?
But for ONCE...he wasn't. FUNNALY! Had a decent sub to hold the fort while he fully healed.

THAT is the point!

For once we had a clean healthy Romo. We played him a couple downs and kicked him to the curb. Brought back Dak.

It's just weird. Why bring him in?....then why promptly bench him? It makes ZERO sense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m lazy in my old age I don’t put that much thought into stuff. Heck not even in my younger years

I honestly don’t think they trusted him to be healthy and based on no one else lining up for his services my guess is they weren’t the only ones
Well...I ask you then...if they didn't think he was healthy, didn't trust him...then why put him in? To get smashed again? I mean really...why?

It makes no sense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fat Mike. Brian Schittenheimer. Kellen. Sanchize. Clapper. Those guys are all terrible. Dak could get better advice at the liquor store. Or from me.

Dak if you read this. Listen to me. Hand the ball off and quit the audibles to a pass play. You are not that good. Don't try to do more than you are capable. Throw it out of bounds and quit holding the ball too long. The defense and run game must carry you to postseason success. It's your only chance.
Lmao. Listen to you. Ok. moore and jg were hired at a position above their skill set. MM won a SB. He is more legit than jg will ever be. We know jg was given 5 years on the job training before his feet were ever to the fire. That’s after he threw a coach under the bus to be fired so he could get the job. And that coach went on to take a team to the SB after he left us.

Look at the owner/gm first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But for ONCE...he wasn't. FUNNALY! Had a decent sub to hold the fort while he fully healed.

THAT is the point!

For once we had a clean healthy Romo. We played him a couple downs and kicked him to the curb. Brought back Dak.

It's just weird. Why bring him in?....then why promptly bench him? It makes ZERO sense.
He was healthy because he wasn’t playing lol. In order for him to get healthy he had to not take hits to his body. They brought him in as a send off. Let him fool good on his way out.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well...I ask you then...if they didn't think he was healthy, didn't trust him...then why put him in? To get smashed again? I mean really...why?

It makes no sense.
Who knows the cowboys had everything locked up already if I remember correctly and typically when that happens the first stringers get some time in and then bench comes in and relieves them

Romo was 2nd string. I really didn’t care. I was at that point just ready for him to ride off into the sunset.

We finally had some competition behind center good enough to get the job done and he won 10 straight

No more Stephen McGee or whatever else scrub they brought in for competition

They are making same mistake again now with Dak no quality competition . I mean Noodle arm rush cmon. Grier cant beat him out

Anyway I didn’t care then when they did it and I certainly don’t care now. If I don’t hear about Romo again beyond the booth I’ll be a perfectly content