Twitter: Schultz Skipping Rest Of OTA's Due To Contract Frustrations

Ken

Reaction score
I don't care one bit about where Schultz stats rank amongst other TE's last year.

It was 1 year. This league is full of guys with 1 good year to their names.

You want paid? Prove that it's not a fluke, oh, and learn to block.
It wasn't like he was bad the year before with Andy throwing the rock around....

75boyz

Reaction score
My oldie but goodie Letter C alliteration for this team.
Culture, Contracts and Coaching Cause Cowboys Cancer.

A catch phrase that's been true for a long time now and will remain in effect for the forseeable future.

Last edited:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If you give credit to our good-but-not-great players trying to get paid mountains of cash from Jerry, then you have to give the same credit to our average-but-not-good players trying to do the same. He's at least smart enough to know how dumb Daddy & Son are...why not try to get what you know you won't get anywhere else? If he thinks he's a part of the Family, he's got a shot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jake Ferguson is about to become Dak's new BFF. Ferguson is going to be in the line up a lot this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts by the end of the year.
I like him. Good blocker, good pass catcher and has a football pedigree (Former Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez is his grandfather), which usually translates into a football-smart player.

“I really liked his attitude and his demeanor. I think he is an excellent fit for our guys,” McCarthy said. “I think he can play both on the line and off the line. I think he will be good in the insert schemes. He makes some competitive catches. He plays with some tenacity.”

Go claim your position!

Loso86

Reaction score
Exactly. Screw this guy. He’s grossly overpaid already on that mistaken franchise tag. And now he wants to pull this crap?

Done with him. Make him play out the season and make sure you move on.
Agreed but this is just voluntary otas, but he already signed so if he misses actual time just doc his pay and play Ferguson and Mckeon

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nothing like running up your numbers in division blowouts.

I'll say it again....his numbers are way more about our QBs fears and the WR that had to be accounted for than Schultz himself.
46 of 82 catches came against non division opponents
475 of the 808 yards was against non division opponents

so not just against division opponents. fairly consistent. and if Dak sucks. then schultz is playing with a handicapped QB. if Schultz sucks then Dak is playing with a handicapped TE. both can't be sucking so bad, since he was top 5 in many statistical categories.

you are trying to have it both ways....

now, I have said it before. he is not elite. he is probably in the next group. he is not to be game planned for, but he can't be ignored because he will hurt you. his blocking needs improvement, but if he could block, then he would be one of those elites that can block and catch.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jake Ferguson is about to become Dak's new BFF. Ferguson is going to be in the line up a lot this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts by the end of the year.

I like him. Good blocker, good pass catcher and has a football pedigree (Former Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez is his grandfather), which usually translates into a football-smart player.

Go claim your position!

I'd like to think Ferguson will eventually be a very good player for us.
But by him being a rookie, my expectations is low to high.

He's a rookie who has to get adjusted to the NFL as the season goes on, that could take some time.
With Schultz still working here off a franchise tag this year, that should still give Ferr some learning and adjusting time.

In the meantime, as far as camp, I'll see what a committee of TEs looks in camp with Sean McKeon, and Ferguson...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Go claim your position!
lets wait and see what happens....many a predictions have not become reality, so lets not count our chickens yet. but that is the plan, hoping ferguson is good enough so we can let schultz walk.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
An average NFL tightend is about to make 11 million dollars in one year and he is unhappy.

Motorola

Reaction score

Cool. Trade him. I was pro Schultz but after drafting Ferguson and seeing these new contracts …. No thanks
Quite honestly, I'm surprised Schultz (or his agent?) thinks he has enough leverage to hold out for a new contract.

If he didn't have Dump Down Dak as his QB, Schultz would be a JAG and out of the league in 3 years
Perhaps the FO plan all along was to just tag Schultz and roll with a single very good-to- great season
between him and Prescott for a consecutive playoff run (that goes beyond the divisional round:banghead:)
- while the other veterans step up to be his replacement beyond 2022 (Jeremy Sprinkle, Sean McKeon).
Or perhaps the rookies \young projects surprise and contribute this season (Jake Ferguson, Peyton Hendershot, Ian Bunting)..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Shultz is a top 10 tight end and would be worth the contract extension. The cap is growing. Pay him now and get it over with. We saved all this cap space. Give it to Shultz so he will have smaller cap number in future seasons. Shultz has the Cowboys by the balls. Ferguson, a undrafted free agent, and a JAG are his competitors.:omg::lmao2::facepalm:

75boyz

Reaction score
with the overpriced players jerry signed ( Zeke. Dlaw , Dak). there is not much space left for talent acquisition or maintenance.

LOL!
Yep we like, er, I mean, overpay our guys.

If we didnt overpay their un-deserved bloated second contracts that would appear as though they did not live up to our drafting selection of them.

We cant have that.

Now go win 8 to 10 games, keep Grandpa Jerry's hobby/play toy team as just relevant enough and count your money and be quiet.

basel90

Reaction score
LOL!
Yep we like, er, I mean, overpay our guys.

If we didnt overpay their un-deserved bloated second contracts that would appear as though they did not live up to our drafting selection of them.

We cant have that.

Now go win 8 to 10 games, keep Grandpa Jerry's hobby/play toy team as just relevant enough and count your money and be quiet.
exactly , stay above the watermark , and hope for the fans to understand . Jerry cannot let go of players he picked even if they are overpriced or damaged goods.