Signed by Cowboys Scott McCurley added as LB coach and Jeff Blasko added as asst OL coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And yet they brought him back!
  1. For a $10 million cap hit
  2. In a backup role
  3. With bad hips
  4. With no training camp
  5. To play poorly in the few games he did
  6. To have hip issues again
And yet, despite all of that evidence, some of these bozos continue to actually entertain the thought of 'keeping him around'!?!?!?

source.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
He accepted a backup role before, that isn't the issue. He has been wildly overpaid but he is only guy on the roster for the five years who has been, fans need to get over that.

The most likely scenario is what happened with Doug Free when his performance dropped off, they will reset his contract to whatever the cap charge is for cutting him (3 Million in this case). The team basically gets a free season from the player for the exact price it would take to cut him, and the player gets more than he would if he was a FA.

He's ended up being a starter at some point or another, so long as he was a favorite of Marinelli, and he's never taken a pay cut, even when he went to a backup role.
as he was last year. See how long will the Cowboys continue to roll with that in the near future.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't want him. Or his bad attitude. Or his constant offsides penalties. Few, if any of them were any good for this team so I'm ready to replace, not retain, as many as I can.

And if I'm paying 'depth', I'm not paying 'Bennett money' for it.

Bennett money might be like $5MM a year at this point. I'd pay that in a heartbeat for him.

Take the $3MM left over from cutting Crawford and use it sign Cobb or maybe bring back Brown as the 3rd CB.

Sydla

Reaction score
And i still wouldn't want him!
:thumbdown:

Not really sure why not.

We need DEs. He's very effective still at his age. Hes likely a one year deal which is ideal for us. He's better than Crawford. He can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. 24 sacks as a part time player over the last 3 years.

Seems people don't like that he's kind of an ***, so they'll cut off their nose in spite of their face here.

Kaiser

Reaction score
and he's never taken a pay cut, even when he went to a backup role.

That's true. Just like every other player in recorded history that would have cost more to cut than to pay his salary - he didn't take a paycut.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really sure why not.

We need DEs. He's very effective still at his age. Hes likely a one year deal which is ideal for us. He's better than Crawford. He can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. 24 sacks as a part time player over the last 3 years.

Seems people don't like that he's kind of an ***, so they'll cut off their nose in spite of their face here.

I outlined my reasons why not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true. Just like every other player in recorded history that would have cost more to cut than to pay his salary - he didn't take a paycut.

that wasn’t applicable last year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i love it, again the coaching staff has to be on the same page, and MM is bringing in his guys.

wow, again just so its known, not my first pick becoming my favorite pick.

i didnt like what JJ did, but im liking WHY he picked him.

GO MM COWBOY NATION WITH YOU

Oneiros

Reaction score
And yet they brought him back!
  1. For a $10 million cap hit
  2. In a backup role
  3. With bad hips
  4. With no training camp
  5. To play poorly in the few games he did
  6. To have hip issues again
And yet, despite all of that evidence, some of these bozos continue to actually entertain the thought of 'keeping him around'!?!?!?

source.gif
I hope we cut him. I'd rather us move on from him completely.

EJK24

Reaction score
If they run a Hybrid, Crawford definitely stays. Just need to upgrade the IDL.

In my opinion, I can only see keeping Crawford if his contract is reworked. 8 Million for Crawford seems like alot of money.

Kaiser

Reaction score
that wasn’t applicable last year.

If you replaced him with a minimum salary player. If you replaced him with anyone near his level of play it would have been the same cost or higher.

And no, I'm not going to spend five pages arguing this point again.

Kaiser

Reaction score
In my opinion, I can only see keeping Crawford if his contract is reworked. 8 Million for Crawford seems like alot of money.

There is no way he comes back on his current deal, that is something both sides have known about the 2020 season for several years. Most of these contracts are structured like that, the higher salaries are in the final years of the deal so the player is either playing great or cut before they hit. Its mostly to spread out the salary cap hit of the signing bonus.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you replaced him with a minimum salary player. If you replaced him with anyone near his level of play it would have been the same cost or higher.

And no, I'm not going to spend five pages arguing this point again.

Nor should you. Because nothing you’re claiming is true.

Stop making false claims and expecting them to slide.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'l take Crawford back...........

With a new deal where he makes like $3MM a year, at most. How's that?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop mathing or I'll post even more!!!

Whateves.

I’ll call out false claims wherever I see them. Yours or anyone else’s.

If you want to continue embarrassing yourself trying to defend Crawford? I’ll continue to beat you down on it.

But when all else fails?

Yeah. “Whatevs”

:facepalm: