Scout’s Eye: Dak Impresses On Minicamp Day 3

robjay04

Reaction score
Yep Dak Prescott football at its finest!!!! Tyrone Taylor, Tim Tebow , eat your heart out baby!!!!! :eek:

Or maybe just a good coverage play from our young corner?

Idk

Hopefully Dak doesn’t make risky throws in the red zone.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yay! More coaching trainees! A decade of Garrett wasn't enough! More! More! More!

It's not like we have a young QB who needs lots of development *now*. Dak can wait 17 years.

So after 17 years with Wilson with no SBs, let's just keep the same old same old?

Just like releasing Matt Johnson, at some point you have to realize it just isn't working and try something new....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He was playing on a pro bowl level when TSmith was at LT and before Zeke got suspended. And that's when teams were blitzing him and the OL didn't give him any protection to go thru his reads. Duh.

I find it bizarre you keep ignoring facts.

He would also throw bad balls when the rush wasn't strong. His problems didn't all come when he was under great pressure.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He would also throw bad balls when the rush wasn't strong. His problems didn't all come when he was under great pressure.

What do you expect when crappy Dez can't get open or run a route, and Dak is focusing on him and old/slow Witten. Beasley, was the one weapon Dak relied on in 2016, but drew more attention last year, and he disappeared. Our recievers sucked last year, didn't help Dak at all after TSmith went down and Zeke was suspended.

I've said Dak wasn't great last year, but you won't put the blame on anyone but him. Includihg Zeke. Who dropped from 5.2 ypc rookie year, to 4.1 ypc last year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I've said Dak wasn't great last year, but you won't put the blame on anyone but him. Includihg Zeke. Who dropped from 5.2 ypc rookie year, to 4.1 ypc last year.

You've got the wrong guy.

I've always said the offensive problems with the passing game came from coaching (managing the oline and scheming the WRs), Dez and Williams failing to beat single press man coverage, and Dak, and *in that order*.

That Dak isn't the first in line doesn't mean that he didn't have his own failures. I even say that Dak's technique went to crap *because of coaching failures on the oline*. They let him get pounded in Atlanta.

But he was just missing guys, sometimes badly, after that. When there wasn't pressure. His bad. He wasn't executing.

I don't count guys being out, whether Zeke or Smith, because that always happens. That's not a failure to execute on anyone's part.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

True, but since every quarterback throws some bad balls, Dak doesn't have to eliminate all bad throws, just cut down on them, which I think he can do.

But we'll see in a few months...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You've got the wrong guy.

I've always said the offensive problems with the passing game came from coaching (managing the oline and scheming the WRs), Dez and Williams failing to beat single press man coverage, and Dak, and *in that order*.

That Dak isn't the first in line doesn't mean that he didn't have his own failures. I even say that Dak's technique went to crap *because of coaching failures on the oline*. They let him get pounded in Atlanta.

But he was just missing guys, sometimes badly, after that. When there wasn't pressure. His bad. He wasn't executing.

I don't count guys being out, whether Zeke or Smith, because that always happens. That's not a failure to execute on anyone's part.

And as I've said before, Dak still was more accurate than Wentz last year.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah from hero to zero. Maybe if he started practicing and working on his mechanics. Just maybe He could still play like an MVP.

Because usually MVPs still play like MVPs regardless of whose injured.
Go back and look at Matt Ryan’s career without coaching, Julio, and running backs and you’ll see 8-8’s across the board