Scout’s Eye: Dak Impresses On Minicamp Day 3

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh no... without Smith in the lineup, Dak went from playing with 3 first team All-Pros on the OL to only two first team All-Pros. How exactly is a QB supposed to play under these awful conditions? And of course, even though it says that Tyron Smith missed 3 games last year, he actually missed all 8 games that Dak played like a bottom 5 QB. The game logs are lying.
The idiotic things people say on here are embarrassing sometimes.
Yes idiotic like thinking the guy replacing the LT gave up 6 sacks to the same guy but somehow because we have a center all-pro and RG all-pro is going to make a difference at LT

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Hey, at least the 70s gave us some great music (The Doors L.A. Woman album, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Stooges, Punk Rock, etc.). Unlike today with not much originality. Not to mention I got to see the original Star Wars in the theater, 1978's Superman & Close Encounters of the Third Kind. As a kid growing up in the 1970s, it was great.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yes idiotic like thinking the guy replacing the LT gave up 6 sacks to the same guy but somehow because we have a center all-pro and RG all-pro is going to make a difference at LT
Did Adrian Clayborn get traded to every team the Cowboys faced in the second half of the season? Did Tyron Smith miss every game? The funny thing is that Dak did not even play that bad of a game against Atlanta. Once you take away the sacks that he had no chance on he was mostly fine and he ran for a tough yardage TD. It was the other games he was horrible in. Somehow Dak slobberers are so shook that Chaz Green gave up six sacks in every game of the second half last year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Did Adrian Clayborn get traded to every team the Cowboys faced in the second half of the season? Did Tyron Smith miss every game? The funny thing is that Dak did not even play that bad of a game against Atlanta. Once you take away the sacks that he had no chance on he was mostly fine and he ran for a tough yardage TD. It was the other games he was horrible in. Somehow Dak slobberers are so shook that Chaz Green gave up six sacks in every game of the second half last year.
Spin it how you want but the OL just wasn't great on the left side...... The most important on the line. Did Dak need to play better, yes but this false narrative that it was all his fault or he is terrible is silly. He was getting constant pressure and his sacks given up really should have been much more, hard to deliver a great pass when getting hit, arm getting smacked and can't step into his throws. Don't get me wrong not every pass was a result of pressure but a majority of them were.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Because Dak was getting blitzed non stop after TSmith and Zeke went out, duh. Of course his technique dropped off.

Dak's technique remained bad throughout the rest of the year after Atlanta, even when he wasn't getting lots of pressure. As predicted by Nate Newton "You don't let a young QB get sacked like that. It will have a lasting effect on him."

That's when he needed QB coaching. When the failure was in *him*, not in the pressure the oline was giving up. And he clearly didn't get it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Did Adrian Clayborn get traded to every team the Cowboys faced in the second half of the season? Did Tyron Smith miss every game? The funny thing is that Dak did not even play that bad of a game against Atlanta. Once you take away the sacks that he had no chance on he was mostly fine and he ran for a tough yardage TD. It was the other games he was horrible in.

Excellent.

Only a fool would blame Dak for Atlanta. But only the blind don't see that his play *after* Atlanta took a nosedive. There's a reason Nate said "You don't let a young QB get sacked like that."

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak just need more game experience. Not lots of development now.

Teams have position coaches because they believe they contribute to player development beyond what game experience delivers.

People forget that Dak was drafted in the 4th and seen as a development project. Romo was playing his best ball in the last full season of his career. Players develop, and it's a long process.

"The QB coach doesn't matter" = "I don't want to bother giving the team the best chance to win"

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why do you think that? Because starting in Atlanta is when Dak started having issues...... Enlighten everybody the starting LT that game was and how many sacks he gave up by himself

We didn't play Atlanta with Green at LT for the last 8 games of the season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You guys bash Dak because he played less than optimal when a few of the teams best players went down saying he's garbage because he needs pieces around him and then you'll be slobbering on Wentz jock.
**** cracks me up...isn't it incredibly obvious that most young QBs who are successful have a lot of pieces around them? Remember how poor Wentz was in 2016 with a poor surrounding cast? He just played better this past year with a much much better team than Dak's ever had but people don't say the same things about Wentz needing an actual team around him to succeed but of course almost all young QBs need a good team around them. This is football not golf...isn't a 1 man sport.

It should be a good thing not a negative that we can surround our young QB with talent.

Spot on, dear boy. After Zeke was taken out with a rubbish suspension, TSmith went down which left the entire left side exposed. Cooper did alright when he was healthy, but there was a stretch when we had neither Smith nor Cooper. Couple that with no Zeke, and your young QB has no chance in that situation. On, and then you have Dez spending more time as a distraction than he was being useful.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok he's got the best offline and best HB in the NFL. Had a no 1 wr and a stud TE but they didn't work for his style of play. Now what else will you Dak-bots post here that he is missing in order to get him to franchise level play?
Should we bring in Julio Jones,and Antonio Brown so your excuses can finally stop and maybe even you guys can finally admit that he simply doesn't have the talent base to excel at QB for us or any other NFL team?
In the end the Dak-Damage this team will incur before he is benched for good will cost us valuable years we simply can't afford!
The level of support for a QB that his film clearly shows has the talent base of Tim Tebow simply amazes me!
Oh well go Dak lol

You clearly missed the part of the season where he lost his entire left side of the line and Zeke. Admittedly, he had games in which he played rubbish on his own. I've got to admit it, and if he plays like that this year, I'd have to admit that it's time for a new QB. However, I'm willing to give him another go this season before I ask for a new QB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
  • It was crazy to watch Chidobe Awuzie stay with Tavon Austin in coverage on the goal line. Austin must have darted five different directions trying to shake Awuzie, but he couldn’t do it. The overall coverage was so good that Prescott was forced to pull the ball down and try to score on his own.
My favorite part.

Read a tweet where PPF rated this kid as one of the best in the league in a category similar to not allowing a completion in short areas or slots. Damn, wish I had bookmarked but I remember thinking his quickness and agility were apparently impressive.

starcity214

Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor never played anywhere close to as well as Dak did in 2016.

Whatever bro..

They're basically the same QB.

Go watch a Bills game.

Don't just look at stats , watch an actual game of his and you'll see that they are the same player.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Whatever bro..

They're basically the same QB.

Go watch a Bills game.

Don't just look at stats , watch an actual game of his and you'll see that they are the same player.

Watch a Bills game???? No need to be so hurtful man.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yay! More coaching trainees! A decade of Garrett wasn't enough! More! More! More!

It's not like we have a young QB who needs lots of development *now*. Dak can wait 17 years.

Hope I'm wrong but I think Moore was just another project for Jerry to take under his wing. Like you said, "a decade of Garrett wasn't enough."
Dak beat moore out of the starting position so now he has to serve as a training prop for Moore. *SMH*

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Teams have position coaches because they believe they contribute to player development beyond what game experience delivers.

People forget that Dak was drafted in the 4th and seen as a development project. Romo was playing his best ball in the last full season of his career. Players develop, and it's a long process.

"The QB coach doesn't matter" = "I don't want to bother giving the team the best chance to win"

Ya, we here just forgot he was drafted in the 4th, I mean, you keep reminding us over and over. And those who said he was 'seen' as a development project were wrong. He developed his rookie year into a pro bowler, helped lead the team to 13 wins, and had the BEST season for an NFL rookie qb.

Read the article below from his rookie season...it breaks down his game in detail with video clips on what he can/cannot do.

https://www.all22.com/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-real-deal-2

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ya, we here just forgot he was drafted in the 4th, I mean, you keep reminding us over and over. And those who said he was 'seen' as a development project were wrong. He developed his rookie year into a pro bowler, helped lead the team to 13 wins, and had the BEST season for an NFL rookie qb.

And he developed into not a pro bowler and a guy whose technique went crappy in 2017. Just maybe he hadn't learned all he needed to learn in the NFL in his first year.

I find it bizarre that people don't want a good position coach for our presumed franchise QB coming off a bad year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • It was crazy to watch Chidobe Awuzie stay with Tavon Austin in coverage on the goal line. Austin must have darted five different directions trying to shake Awuzie, but he couldn’t do it. The overall coverage was so good that Prescott was forced to pull the ball down and try to score on his own.
My favorite part.

Yep Dak Prescott football at its finest!!!! Tyrone Taylor, Tim Tebow , eat your heart out baby!!!!! :eek:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And he developed into not a pro bowler and a guy whose technique went crappy in 2017. Just maybe he hadn't learned all he needed to learn in the NFL in his first year.

I find it bizarre that people don't want a good position coach for our presumed franchise QB coming off a bad year.

He was playing on a pro bowl level when TSmith was at LT and before Zeke got suspended. And that's when teams were blitzing him and the OL didn't give him any protection to go thru his reads. Duh.

I find it bizarre you keep ignoring facts.