Scout’s Notebook: Running Game Breakdowns, Rookie Evaluations & More

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Put this in another thread...

Listening to Sturm now and interesting stuff. In 17 starts by Dak..doesn't include 5 min against Philly last game of yr...his worst statistical games have been last 3 on the road...Minny, NYG and Denver. Yes the teams are known for great Ds but offense is 5 for 38 on 3rd downs in those games. Passing stats were horrible in each. Question is then...why isn't an offense that is built on Oline and running the ball and saying "stop us" failing or not being used? Vance Joseph said straight out they planned to stop run. So are other teams looking at this? We invested a ton of money and picks into this plan. We beat Seattle on road in 2014 by jamming it at them. Why are we stopping this?

Simply put, we seem kind of dumb in our approach.

Our goal on the road should be ball control and silencing a fired up crowd.

And everyone knows that so they load up the box.

Which is fine, but why aren't we coming out on first down in 10 personnnel, forcing teams to go to a dime package and just letting our OL maul?

And when they start cheating up, burn them in chunks with Switz and Bease.

Sure, players need to step up. But I would think 10 personnel would make things way easier.

RS12

Reaction score
Collins struggling more at RT. I don't really know enough or watch them enough to know. For those of you who do, do you agree with that assessment?
No. Von Miller didnt have to play the run for 2.5 quarters on Sunday. Made his job rushing passer just a little easier, dont you think.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't care how great your OL and RB are; Dak needs to ignore the questions around throwing the ball 3 times on goal line vs Giants.

When there's 6 in the box, you run or pass short.
When there's 7 or 8 in the box, you pass.

You don't try to run vs strong defenses by using a tight formation with multiple TEs and no FB. You spread the defense with 3 WRs, force nickel, and turn Zeke loose. If they stay in base, you throw the ball. You cannot force the run no matter what the defense does; that sounds macho, but it's stupid.