Recap: Scout/Insider from Adam Schein radio show

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep in mind the Miami's o-line is really bad. They will struggle all year.
I wouldn't mind seeing us move Leary to Miami for Cameron Wake. The cap hits probably make this impossible (among other things), but with Wake returning from injury, being old and supposedly taking on a reduced role, I could see them considering it.

Probably a dumb thought, but I'm just not sold on our pass rush from the DE position at all.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't mind seeing us move Leary to Miami for Cameron Wake. The cap hits probably make this impossible (among other things), but with Wake returning from injury, being old and supposedly taking on a reduced role, I could see them considering it.

Probably a dumb thought, but I'm just not sold on our pass rush from the DE position at all.

Not a horrible thought.

I think the pass rush will be better than what many think, just because there will finally be a pass-rush from the inside... Haven't seen that in a while.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a horrible thought.

I think the pass rush will be better than what many think, just because there will finally be a pass-rush from the inside... Haven't seen that in a while.
I am very happy with our DT situation. I think it's the best it's been in many years and we may end up regretting players we will be forced to cut, but eeesh, our DEs are all great as solid rotation guys without a single one striking fear into anyone. One guy could turn this whole line from bad to very good.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah. Like someone else said, I don't know what to make of the Giants. New coach. Huge free agent signings. They've shown nothing as of yet.

I hope this is a precurser to the regular season. If it is, they could be in the basement of the division. We'll see.
Thats reserved for the Eagles. Havent seen an offense that bad since......wow. Cant even remember. Lets not forget here. Doug Pederson led the worst offense in the league 2 years in a row, and he had weapons. Philly has nothing on offense except a glorified slot receiver, and a RB that gets a concussion getting out of bed. Their defense on the other hand. Will be insane. I was very upset by the Jim Shwartz signing.

FiveTime

Reaction score
I realize that it was the guest saying these things. It is also worth noting that Adam Schein is a huge Giants fan and hates the Cowboys. He would have done anything in his means to slant the interview against Dallas.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am very happy with our DT situation. I think it's the best it's been in many years and we may end up regretting players we will be forced to cut, but eeesh, our DEs are all great as solid rotation guys without a single one striking fear into anyone. One guy could turn this whole line from bad to very good.

Well it's a bit of an unknown but the obviously the Cowboys thought a great deal of Mayowa.

Lawrence has had a very good camp per reports.

And if Tapper gets past his sore back he has the measurables.

Yeah, there are questions but there's potential for a couple guys emerging this season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He says Morris will outrush Zeke although he's never seen Zeke run behind this OLine. Sounds to me like a contrarian trying to show how smart he is, while having little, to no, factual evidence to back up his prognostication.

He forgot to add ... in the preseason.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
muttley.gif
I love the Morris addition but get real, who was the scout his mother?
Don't be ridiculous!!! There are no female scouts. It was his Dad.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He says Morris will outrush Zeke although he's never seen Zeke run behind this OLine. Sounds to me like a contrarian trying to show how smart he is, while having little, to no, factual evidence to back up his prognostication.
Probably. I thought it was interesting. He did seem awfully confident but, I bet you're right about the position he took and why.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They hope Morris would take the lead role. No way, unless he's not 100%, that he's not the lead dog and 3 downer back. Their opinions are just that and Booger didn't stay at 4 and take the #1 player on their board for him not to be a featured player. If he stays healthy, Zeke will get 320-350 carries and Morris will get 150, at the most. You can toss in another 50-60 touches through the air, a real strength of Elliott's but not Morris'. Morris is a great addition, good backup and relief back but this offense will be run through Zeke the Streak.

It is stupid that any former player or scout or coach would make any assessment from pretend games unless that's part of their job and even then, it's to be taken with 1/2 a grain of salt off my margarita glass. I need the rest.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well it's a bit of an unknown but the obviously the Cowboys thought a great deal of Mayowa.

Lawrence has had a very good camp per reports.

And if Tapper gets past his sore back he has the measurables.

Yeah, there are questions but there's potential for a couple guys emerging this season.
I'm very interested in seeing Mayowa tonight.

jday

Reaction score
On his radio show today he had some NFL insider or scout. I missed his name but, he had a couple of interesting predictions. He said our Dline looked very good vs Miami and they were getting excellent penetration. He said our D is underated and will surprise many. He acted like we are one of the most underated teams and was very high on us overall.

His other prediction was Morris will lead us in rushing and beat out Zeke. Adam was impressed with his prediction.

I'm not sure about either but, this dude seemed confident and like he knew his stuff. I am pretty sure our D will surprise many.

He was on around 11:45 am today.
Thanks for sharing.