News: Scout says Cowboys defense short on talent

jnday

Reaction score
The article may have missed on a couple small points, but I don't disagree at all with what the scout said. There is a reason this defense ranks at the bottom . Lack of talent. How can anybody disagree when a large percentage of these guys would be working at Walmart if they didn't play for the Cowboys? It shows up every game.

Reactions: Ren

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'd argue Carr is worth what he was paid, but Claiborne seems to be a bust. We'd be better off keeping T.Newman..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article may have missed on a couple small points, but I don't disagree at all with what the scout said. There is a reason this defense ranks at the bottom . Lack of talent. How can anybody disagree when a large percentage of these guys would be working at Walmart if they didn't play for the Cowboys? It shows up every game.

Even if they had the talent, they don't have enough experience in the scheme.

By my count:
8 defensive players were added after training camp
6 rookies are on defense
2 rookies have started and 1 has been a pseudo starter as the 3rd CB

Add in the injuries to starters, Lee, Hatcher, Ware, Claiborne, Durant, etc.. and it compounds the problem.

IMO, it's the perfect storm of problems:
Lack of talent
New players
New scheme
Injuries

IMO, even with the talent that they have, they could be much better if the majority of the players had been playing together in the scheme for 2 or 3 years and if they had a few less injuries to key players.