Scout's Eye: a lot to like about this offense

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Oh I think many would say Colombo was better than La’el and you left out Flozel the hotel. That dude was always in the Pro Bowl.. They were a very solid group. Come to think of it Gurode was the center and he made a few Pro Bowls as well...

Flozell, Gurode, Davis were the guys I was referring to with "pro bowls, but not All Pro".

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They like Noah Brown because what he can do on offense playing multiple positions and his physical size in the redzone...what I don't get is why is Austin on this roster, he's a gadget player only and Pillard can do that

Noah Brown has been terrible in the redzone. He has dropped to many balls to warrant as a weapon in the redzone. Good example is that Seattle game last year. Blame it also on Linehan/Garrett for using Brown as their primary weapon rather than relying on Cooper or Zeke to seal the deal.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Noah Brown has been terrible in the redzone. He has dropped to many balls to warrant as a weapon in the redzone. Good example is that Seattle game last year. Blame it also on Linehan/Garrett for using Brown as their primary weapon rather than relying on Cooper or Zeke to seal the deal.
you mean the pass that was behind Brown.....that's on Dak..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes not a huge drop off in talent as u initially implied. That was a very solid line.

With respect to the Pro Bowlers of 2007 vs. the All Pros of Now, I said "a cut above". That does not imply "huge drop off". It implies marginally but distinctly better.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
With respect to the Pro Bowlers of 2007 vs. the All Pros of Now, I said "a cut above". That does not imply "huge drop off". It implies marginally but distinctly better.

Nah u said they “weren’t anywhere close” which implies they were below average. I must be bored to continue this petty argument...:laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Nah u said they “weren’t anywhere close” which implies they were below average. I must be bored to continue this petty argument...:laugh:

Not what I said. You're arguing with the wrong guy.

The Quest for Six said:
offensive line in 07 wasn't anywhere close to this group..

Blackrain

Reaction score
If this offensive line can stay healthy, This offense is the deepest it's been in over two decades across the board, I think they will be succesful this year especially in the redzone, with or without Zeke....

I hear that hope all the back problems with Tyron and Zack are just reasons to keep them rested and not something to worry about.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Not what I said. You're arguing with the wrong guy.

The Quest for Six said:
offensive line in 07 wasn't anywhere close to this group..

:laugh:

Ok I see what happened. You replied to my initial reply and it turned into a vortex. :thumbup:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I disagree they were close maybe similar is f take into account Cwill struggling while learning, Martins back is tweaked, and Tsmiths health issues..they for sure weren't as young and didnt stay together long but they were that good..that 2007 team was the most disappointing playoff loss ever, it felt like our year and the Patrick Crayton game will forever haunt us..2014 is the other, the dang Dez catch no catch..it was a catch!!

Some people have short memories. That o-line in 2007 had three pro bowlers similar to the current group.

Zack being the exception in comparison to Davis who was no slouch himself, just less athletic.

Flozel to Tyron Smith.

Travis to Gurode..

Colombo many would argue is better than La’el...

Kosier to Williams might be a push at this point...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The offense is going to depend on Dak, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb and Austin (assuming the OL stays healthy). But it starts with Dak. Whether Smith or Wilson makes the team is kind of inconsequential. If its not clear which one is better then it doesn't really matter which one stays or goes. At the same time, they both look like good players so its good to see the Cowboys took a WR squad that was weak and made it into a strength for the team. It shows the front office is getting better.

:hammer:...This system is so QB friendly....If Dak can't make it in this system...then he can't make it period. This is a make or break year IMO And w will know very quickly.... I've seen this system work...I've seen this system shread college teams....and now your starting to see it work on the pro level. I'm not shocked at all...Question is...can he master it? I have my doubts. You can't miss the easy short throws on the option routes. That's reading the defense before the snap...and knowing where the football is supposed to go....and throwing the ball w/ accuracy.