News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Are jersey number changes fair to the kids?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is silly. So when players leave via free agency or trade......that isn't the concern of people who buy jerseys but if a guy stays with the team and changes his number......we should think about the kids? At the end of the day its a Cowboys jersey. Its a non-issue.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Sorry Jerry but I stopped buying current Player Jerseys. Last one I bought was Marion Barber. I only collect the classics. I got a Emmitt Irvin Staubach and Dorsett.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i love out-dated jerseys.
i have a closet full.
i love you ebay.

you will put your out-dated #54 Smith jersey on ebay...and you will accept my low ball offer which is usually $5 - $10 under your asking price...and we'll both be happy.
:thumbup:
I think they’re worth more

conner01

Reaction score
Thinking on it further....I wonder if the league didn't outsmart itself with this move.

People may be hesitant to buy jerseys when they know a player can easily change at any point.

Jaylon may have had to reimburse the TEAM for stock, but is he paying back all the suckers that bought 54?

No.
Good point
Fans may atleast wait a few years to see
I don’t think as a player it’s really a smart idea
But then again players have been traded and had to change numbers in the past
The super stars mostly bought off who had their old number
Personally I liked the idea of know a players position by his number when watching a game
Fans will know their own team but few of other teams

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry folks.

The NFL wanting to make more money > The best interest of the kids

Hard cold reality right there.
I’m not even sure they took it into mind. That’s the number I want that’s the number I’m going to wear.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You live you learn. I never buy jerseys anymore. At the rate players come and go, it’s already a waste even before this new rule.
I haven’t bought a jersey since Jason Witten. I buy autographed photographs. What for kids that like wearing them. I don’t think they give a damn

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just asked three teenagers. They were the jerseys because they like the team . player is secondary, the number they could care less .

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think Jaylon Smith did more harm to Smith #54 jerseys the last 2 years or so than changing to #9 ever could

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i love out-dated jerseys.
i have a closet full.
i love you ebay.

you will put your out-dated #54 Smith jersey on ebay...and you will accept my low ball offer which is usually $5 - $10 under your asking price...and we'll both be happy.
:thumbup:

I doubt any proud Cowboys fan would be a Jaylon Smith jersey.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Just buy a Chinese made jersey on DHGate. Same quality for $30 bucks.

I’ve never understood how people fork out hundreds of dollars for a jersey when a player can leave via FA or be traded, or play poorly, or commit a crime, etc. Unless it’s a legendary player like Staubach.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Is it unfair to kids?

Meh, good time for a life lesson - Life aint fair, deal with it...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are there any kids that are fans of this team not being forced to by their fathers?

Some of you became Cowboys fane because of the influence of your Dad and rightfully so. But now, could this be construed as abuse and child endangerment?

"Johnny, you've been a bad boy, you'll have to be punished".

"No Daddy, not that, I promise to be good. PLEASE Daddy, don't make me wear that Jaylon Smith jersey"!

Early the next day, Johnny called Child Protection Services to report his abusive father. When they heard what his father had made him wear, they asked the DA for a felony charge. Upon raiding the home, they discovered Ezekiel Elliott, Trysten Hill and Taco Charleton jerseys and DNA evidence revealed the Jeff Heath jersey was tear stained.

erod

Reaction score
They regretted buying that Jaylon jersey long before the number change.