News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Why do fans always side with ownership?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys: Why do fans always side with ownership?

https%3A%2F%2Fsportdfw.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1192188914.jpeg

The Dallas Cowboys fan base is beyond loyal. They are supportive, rabid and inherently believes it is their divine right to win the Super Bowl. Every. Sing...

Read Full Story

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
In a general sense, it’s because ownership takes the risk. But it has nothing to do with greed. It’s a recognition that resources in the salary cap era are scarce.

And in that sense, I don’t think they’re really siding with ownership; I’ve yet to meet the fan who defends Jaylon and Zeke’s contracts.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't know where this opinion is coming from. Everyone knows the Joneses are terrible at football. Regarding the QB, it would be in Dak's best interest to play on the tag then jet into FA.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's an interesting take ........on one side they don't wanna pay Dak and others believe Jerry and Stephen are idiots. So I'm not sure what to think (LOL).

They are football idiots and they will pay Dak because they are no longer a trend setting team and being trend setters is what made them successful.

Now they are the Mike McCarthy follow what everyone else is doing bunch. Smart decisioning themselves to 8-8.

Mahomes was a huge risk coming out of college and replacing a QB in Alex Smith who was having success.

Signing Brady, getting rid of Winston, and going all in was a huge risk for Tampa.

Dallas is the safe bunch.. Hiring Mike McCarthy, building only through the draft, signing our guys like Dak & Zeke to whatever stupid number the league set.. That’s the Cowboys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I agree with this, especially around here....the people I consider the best of the best of fans.

I mean....without mentioning names, there's one or two around here that defend the team no matter what....but still.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are football idiots and they will pay Dak because they are no longer a trend setting team and being trend setters is what made them successful.

Now they are the Mike McCarthy follow what everyone else is doing bunch. Smart decisioning themselves to 8-8.

Mahomes was a huge risk coming out of college and replacing a QB in Alex Smith who was having success.

Signing Brady, getting rid of Winston, and going all in was a huge risk for Tampa.

Dallas is the safe bunch.. Hiring Mike McCarthy, building only through the draft, signing our guys like Dak & Zeke to whatever stupid number the league set.. That’s the Cowboys.
You're 100% right as far as the conservative approach.

Thats why the "Dak plus pick 10 for....." type threads are absurd.

He would never do anything like that.

He is ironically a huge risk taker in the business world.

They aren't even confident enough to give top free agent money to players they didn't draft themselves.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Side?

I'm here to let JJ know just how inept he navigates championhips

He whistles to the bank

I complain on anonymous message boards

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because the owners have created a salary cap, which allows them to use the salary cap as a means to artificially deflate salaries, and use the cap as an argument against the teams ability to win if a players salary doesn’t match their production.

The owners have manipulated some fans into siding with them because “they can’t pay the players” without it negatively affecting the cap and the rest of the team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not my observation that fans always side with ownership. There are a lot of fans on this site that fault Jerry for a lot of things.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I don't know where this opinion is coming from. Everyone knows the Joneses are terrible at football. Regarding the QB, it would be in Dak's best interest to play on the tag then jet into FA.
If it ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl..sure. But if he is looking at long term success, endorsements, post football career, then Dallas is the place. The name along brings multiple opportunities that places like Jax, Cincy, Detroit etc....do not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't. Nobody ever spent a nickle to watch Jerry sit in the owners suite. Players are the product and careers are short.
you have commerce backwards without Money and structure to sustain that product there is no distribution..

period its starts and ems with owners who created a league they can sustain, odd other leagues tried it and failed quickly. Its not easy without support which is 200% money , the nfl owners took risks and highs losses to get this going 100years ago and without them you have bunch of minimum wage employees who are the best athletes on their pick up games..sorry man IDC how you they and out the chicken and the egg, the chicken had to come first to lay the egg to hatch chicken , well that is if its actually seminated by a rooster so thats two owners to create an egg that hatches as the others are food only

I understand why fans watch but without the structure and money there is no game....

fans dont ALWATS back the owners that bs narratives but we do understand whos feeding us and if they get bitten they stop feeding..

the nfl owners do not NEED the NFL for revenue they had it coming in,. lest not forget that..

I sometimes back the player and sometimes the owner but do know those stadiums, parking lots, tv deals, and contracts are not the players , all owners..the owners looked at this as long term investment had the patience and money to feed it until it took off and now reap the rewards in which they pass onto players who yes make them more money..

dont get it twisted the players NEED the owners far more then the owners need them.. the NFL could fold tomorrow , most owners just piece out the company and move onto what ever was their original resource that got them to the nfl ownership..

hate iot or not 100% true

JayFord

Reaction score
huh? side with ownership?

i'm the only fan i know of that actually likes Jerry Jones and sides with him more times than not.....

this fan base is borderline disgusted with ownership

bewp7

Reaction score
because a fan of the cowboys want to see the cowboys win not see the player make as much money as they can get which is fine it is a busness but fan of the team do not want to see it because it make it harder to win and make other move,

it is not a difficult thing to under stand.

Sydla

Reaction score
The premise seems weak. Seems to me the fans are often pretty split between the players and ownership when it comes to assigning blame. There are certainly a ton of Cowboys fans that think management screwed up not putting Dak under contract sooner, for example.