News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Why do fans always side with ownership?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter matter if the owners are self made or not. They are the owners and it is their money that they invested and the risk is all theirs. It is no concern for players that are just lucky enough to have the skills to play and make millions a year. If the players don’t like it, the world needs ditch diggers too.
The risk you all keep talking about is made up. And it does matter if they are self made or not. If you incurred no risk to get your money, and then are a part of a business model with virtually no risk, how is that any less "lucky" than being born with physical gifts? The athlete most certainly has more to lose relative to an owner. They are not taking "all the risk".

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course there's risk. TV ratings are down and players are becoming more demanding, and the union is a ***** to deal with.
You come up with enough money, and buy a NFL franchise. Let's see how you run the business.
But revenue is up. The Cowboys even with TV ratings down continue with record revenue.

There’s never been a NFL franchise go out of business. Lol

They move or sell but never belly up. This notion they’re at risk is hilarious. Owning a NFL franchise is probably one of the lowest risk investments you could make.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The risk you all keep talking about is made up. And it does matter if they are self made or not. If you incurred no risk to get your money, and then are a part of a business model with virtually no risk, how is that any less "lucky" than being born with physical gifts? The athlete most certainly has more to lose relative to an owner. They are not taking "all the risk".
Yep

Owning a NFL franchise is probably one of the lowest risk in America.

But players risk their health every day. And their careers are limited.

The franchises continue generating revenue long after a players career. Why anyone would side with the owners is sheer ignorance or misinformed .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The NFL is always a business first . It’s not just a football league. It’s sports entertainment at the highest level.

These commodities aren’t just football players . They are athletic celebrity entertainers

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter matter if the owners are self made or not. They are the owners and it is their money that they invested and the risk is all theirs. It is no concern for players that are just lucky enough to have the skills to play and make millions a year. If the players don’t like it, the world needs ditch diggers too.
You either work for what I want to pay you or there’s the door. Seems I’ve heard that type sentiment before.

They aren’t lucky . They’ve been sacrificing their bodies and working hard since high school to reach this level . Probably working harder and more dedicated to their craft than most fans.

If fans had finished in the top ten in their class they’d probably be earning as much as about 80% of NFL players.

The more I hear this familiar sentiment from a certain segment of fans it’s becoming clear what they represent. Bitter citizens who didn’t make the most of their abilities applying themselves or their talent becoming resentful of those who have and made something of themselves.

jnday

Reaction score
Your first misconception that is prevalent amongst many fans with this type of attitude towards the players is they aren’t just playing a game. The NFL is an entertainment sports entity broadcast on National network TV. They are hired athletic celebrities.

The players call it “ the show” for a reason. It’s hasn’t been just a football game for a couple generations.

Most of them come from impoverished backgrounds . They know how the real world works and they sacrificed their body and dedicated themselves applying their talent at least since high school. And making it to this level means they are an elite cast of talents who now have become athletic celebrity entertainers.

We should treat them like any other celebrities in the entertainment business. They are a commodity used by this sports entertainment entity to promote and sell their business and image .

And like any other entertainment celebrity will negotiate their value for their self interest and career goals honing their craft . Much like any artist or actor would.

But for some reason we have fans that feel they owe someone for the opportunity they have to entertain us.
They are not entertainers. They are football players. They risk their health for the same reasons that millions of men risk their health at dangerous jobs, it’s the money. Unlike those millions of workers , they can be financially set for life if they use their heads. Maybe that is the problem, they think that they are entertainers instead of football players. They are not bigger than the game, no matter how much they push their individual brands. I know people that are thankful just to have a job making $8 a hour, so I don’t think is too much to expect a player that makes millions a year to show some appreciation instead of acting like they are being exploited. I have no problem with the players having success and I am sure not bitter about it. I honestly don’t care about the players at this point. I have just as much loyalty towards them as they have for their teams and fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They are not entertainers. They are football players. They risk their health for the same reasons that millions of men risk their health at dangerous jobs, it’s the money. Unlike those millions of workers , they can be financially set for life if they use their heads. Maybe that is the problem, they think that they are entertainers instead of football players. They are not bigger than the game, no matter how much they push their individual brands. I know people that are thankful just to have a job making $8 a hour, so I don’t think is too much to expect a player that makes millions a year to show some appreciation instead of acting like they are being exploited.
Of course they’re entertainers. They perform on national network TV.

People that are thankful making 8$ an hour didn’t make the most of their opportunities . And probably made poor choices along the way placing themselves in their underachieving and under performing livelihoods.

Everyone has an opportunity thru education to optimize their livelihoods if they fully apply their abilities and talents like these players have.

But too many make poor choices who didn’t even have to endure some of the hardships and obstacles these athletes had to in their environments. Athletics was their ticket out and made the most of it.

jnday

Reaction score
You either work for what I want to pay you or there’s the door. Seems I’ve heard that type sentiment before.

They aren’t lucky . They’ve been sacrificing their bodies and working hard since high school to reach this level . Probably working harder and more dedicated to their craft than most fans.

If fans had finished in the top ten in their class they’d probably be earning as much as about 80% of NFL players.

The more I hear this familiar sentiment from a certain segment of fans it’s becoming clear what they represent. Bitter citizens who didn’t make the most of their abilities applying themselves or their talent becoming resentful of those who have and made something of themselves.
Dude, accepting a job with a certain pay rate and certain benefits is a decision that the player has the option of walking away from. They do not have the right to gripe about pay and benefits when they entered into an agreement to accept the job. Nobody is forcing them to take the job and nobody owes them a job either. When did people come up with the ideal that the employees should dictate the pay and benefits to the employers? It doesn’t work that way. If the employees disagrees, they are welcome to seek employment elsewhere. There is a long line of people that would be happy to have the jobs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dude, accepting a job with a certain pay rate and certain benefits is a decision that the player has the option of walking away from. They do not have the right to gripe about pay and benefits when they entered into an agreement to accept the job. Nobody is forcing them to take the job and nobody owes them a job either. When did people come up with the ideal that the employees should dictate the pay and benefits to the employers? It doesn’t work that way. If the employees disagrees, they are welcome to seek employment elsewhere. There is a long line of people that would be happy to have the jobs.
Obviously you’ve never been in a position to dictate or negotiate your wage. That pretty wells tells me all I need to know. And this mentality probably represents this segment of fans.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
Of course they’re entertainers. They perform on national network TV.

People that are thankful making 8$ an hour didn’t make the most of their opportunities . And probably made poor choices along the way placing themselves in their underachieving and under performing livelihoods.

Everyone has an opportunity thru education to optimize their livelihoods if they fully apply their abilities and talents like these players have.

But too many make poor choices who didn’t even have to endure some of the hardships and obstacles these athletes had to in their environments. Athletics was their ticket out and made the most of it.
Are you kidding? A lot of these players went through school and never received an education and didn’t value one. Their athletic ability is the one thing that improved their lives. For decades, athlete’s have been given a free pass on their education as long as they performed on the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are you kidding? A lot of these players went through school and never received an education and didn’t value one. Their athletic ability is the one thing that improved their lives. For decades, athlete’s have been given a free pass on their education as long as they performed on the field.
No, I’m Not kidding. They’ve been entertainers throughout . They earned revenue for the schools they played for. Which is something most students on scholarships can’t say.

Every individual has an opportunity for their ability and talents to improve their lives. These players made the most of those opportunities. Most people don’t. And appears the segment resentful of those who do. Shocking... lol

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winston was a 25 year old number 1 pick that threw for the most yards in the NFL..

They gave up on him super quick and it’s not like Winston was completely terrible considering his age.

Would the Cowboys have moved on from Winston or Goff under the same circumstances? I think not.

What about drafting Mahomes with Alex Smith on board? Or drafting Kyler Murray after drafting Rosen the previous years?

Dallas is the safe smart team.
I covered the Mahomes thing. There's absolutely nothing unorthodox or outside the box about drafting a QB in the 1st round when your starter is 33 years old and not someone anyone would consider elite. If you want risky QB moves, at least look at Jordan Love or Jalen Reagor.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with Winston. Super quick? Winston had played out his entire rookie contract, never posted a passer rating higher than 92, and threw 30 INTs in his last season! You think the "safe smart" move was to sign him to a brand new contract? Not hardly.

Reaction score
I covered the Mahomes thing. There's absolutely nothing unorthodox or outside the box about drafting a QB in the 1st round when your starter is 33 years old and not someone anyone would consider elite. If you want risky QB moves, at least look at Jordan Love or Jalen Reagor.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with Winston. Super quick? Winston had played out his entire rookie contract, never posted a passer rating higher than 92, and threw 30 INTs in his last season! You think the "safe smart" move was to sign him to a brand new contract? Not hardly.

bro, what do you mean you covered Mahomes thing?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Another off season article that is inaccurate and meant to:
iu