News: SDFW: Why the Dallas Cowboys wisely decided against signing Dalvin Cook

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn’t mind him on the roster but the contract demands do have Zeke 2.0 written all over them. Henry is the only vet I think worth paying for at the position. Dude is a rock. I bet he has one more great year in him. And even him I wouldn’t mourn if they lost the opportunity because he’s a big guy getting up there in age. No guarantees. The teams that score with guys like The Bus, Adrian Peterson or Riggins late in life luck out. For every story like that, there are usually 10 more stories of Heartbreak Hotel, and with running backs still in their mid-20’s. Of all the players I look back on and realize I didn’t appreciate enough - Probably Emmitt. Will never see someone that durable ever again.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think its about the money. and maybe egos. both of these RBs are looking for the next large contract, which for an NFL back will be their last at this stage of their careers. sharing 20 carries ain't going to give them leverage when they are FAs next year and if he wanted 10M+, then putting 20m+ in the backfield is not the answer necessarily.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys currently have five running backs and a fullback, so adding yet another running back, after dumping Ezekiel Elliott would be a step backward in philosophy, which to many, is an issue. With Tony Pollard getting paid $10.09m, signing free agent Ronald Jones, and drafting Deuce Vaughn, that is a lot of resources into another running back.
Great article. I'm glad the Cowboys passed.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dalvin has tread on his tires and he is Never healthy ... It's like Tyron Smith .. it's a lock that he is going to get hurt and miss games or be very limited .

That's probably a large and leading reason why the Vikes sought to cut ties and move on without him ...

And fans want that same non-availability durability issues trail here ?