SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

JBS

Reaction score
Looks like it was all a smokescreen...Jason Garrett has changed the culture at VR...everyone was fooled..even the mediots..except that 1 guy who predicted our first 3 picks

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3935034 said:
Looks like it was all a smokescreen...Jason Garrett has changed the culture at VR...everyone was fooled..even the mediots..except that 1 guy who predicted our first 3 picks

Another one who thinks just because it did not happen it all must be garbage.

Good grief. You people just dont understand that not everything is going to happen the way you want.

I can promise you everything here was discussed in the war room.

Hardly makes it garbage.

JBS

Reaction score
SDogo;3935093 said:
Another one who thinks just because it did not happen it all must be garbage.

Good grief. You people just dont understand that not everything is going to happen the way you want.

I can promise you everything here was discussed in the war room.

Hardly makes it garbage.

no need to take it personal man, you werent the only one misinformed..guys like broaddus and moseley were talking about Watt and Castonzo..they were preaching moving down..we got strong offers to move down, we rejected it..Watt and Castonzo were on board..we passed on them too..like i said, this is a different cowboys ball club...Jason Garrett has things on lock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3935123 said:
no need to take it personal man, you werent the only one misinformed..guys like broaddus and moseley were talking about Watt and Castonzo..they were preaching moving down..we got strong offers to move down, we rejected it..Watt and Castonzo were on board..we passed on them too..like i said, this is a different cowboys ball club...Jason Garrett has things on lock

Nah, nothing against you. Between two posts on this board and the 5 or 6 almost harassing PM's I received today I'm done.

Pappa Cheeto

Reaction score
SDogo;3935127 said:
Nah, nothing against you. Between two posts on this board and the 5 or 6 almost harassing PM's I received today I'm done.

The insight and info is much appreciated.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
SDogo;3935127 said:

Try not to let it get you down, SDog. That's the way the draft goes. There's a primary plan, and then inevitable adjustments based on the way things go. Tennessee taking Locker may have screwed everything up from that point on.

But I, and several others, appreciate everything you try to do - especially this week trying to dodge tornado's.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SDogo;3935127 said:

C'mon man... don't let a few idiots change how much you add to this board. You're gonna find a few in any crowd, you know.

Only an idiot would think that the things you posted weren't an option. Things just didn't fall the right way, but no biggie man.

I for one thought that it was great hearing all of the different scenarios and directions the team might could head in.

Just keep on keeping on and the fans who know what's going on will continue to appreciate it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SDogo;3935127 said:

The info you provided was much appreciated, even if it didn't all pan out. That's the nature of the draft.

Skerr41

Reaction score
Personally I loved this info SDogo. I actually saved it to my favorites to re read during the draft. As a long time reader, occasional poster, I always enjoy your info.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Sdogo... Please dont let a few jack A's discourage you.. Everything you provided was greatly appreciated and respected by most... I look forward to your's, Hos,Cowboyjoe and everyone else who give us information.... Your very appreciated here..

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Oh yeah, yours and Hostile's insight is the main reason I even joined honestly, all of the draft info was awesome. Even if it didn't go word for word, those options were always there throughout the entire draft, the info you guys gave provided the much wanted/needed info before the draft, cant get that kind of info in many places.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Whatever, I appreciate all you did leading up to the draft SDogo. Looking forward to discussing the draft with you guys again next year.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I think the vast majority on this forum really appreciate your efforts SDogo.
Thanks for all the hard work you put forth and if people are PMing you and harrassing you they should get banned.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
SDogo, I really enjoy ready all of your info.......PLEASE keep posting......speaking on behalf of the Zoners......

WE APPRECIATE YOU!

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I also greatly enjoyed this thread and hope you do it again next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have no idea what posters could be upset at him, but I promise you the info shared was what we were hearing. No one is going to give you even 75% of the picks in order. It cannot be done because 31 teams can screw up that order.

The only shocking thing to me in the entire draft is that we passed on Rackley in the 3rd. I know for a fact at one time he and Ellis were the 2 guys we wanted to be there more than anyone else. I suspect that at the time Murray was the 4th round option they wanted and they got news he was going to be taken but that Arkin would still be there in the 4th so priorities changed.

The Draft is fluid. It always has been. It always will be.

Sdogo and I both told you about the interest in Andy Dalton. Folks that was real. Had the Bengals not taken him we might have. The interest in Peterson was real but we couldn't get up to get him where we wanted. When Mosley and Broaddus were saying we were not taking Smith and it would be Castonzo or Watt I believe Sdogo and I both said Smith was the pick. I lowered my % from 80% sure to 70% only because it looked like we could get Peterson.

We both told you the Cowboys were not high on Rahim Moore despite his public beliefs we would take him in the 2nd. He was there, we passed. Sdogo told you about the reports on Ellis and we passed twice.

If there are people who for reasons of jealousy doubted the info he was providing then too bad for them. Earn your credibility with people who share info and come be better than this man at it. I would welcome it and I believe he would too. I've never spat on someone who shared info and I never will.

Sdogo, don't let a few idiots taint an otherwise great Draft experience.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3935580 said:
I believe Sdogo and I both said Smith was the pick.

This is what sdogo told me less than a week before the draft:

I talked to main go to guy today and was kind of taken back. He stated he would be "astonished" if the Cowboys took Smith at 9.

Not so much that they take Smith but that they stay at 9. He said Jerry has multiple offers on the table, two teams who wanted to pull the trigger before the draft even starts. One of which was the Texans, said he could not tell me the other but he said it was a team in the late teens.

I asked him straight up, if every team pulled the offer off the table would the Cowboys take Smith at 9 and he said at this moment he the odds are against it but you have to see how the draft unfolds. He said if the Cowboys were forced to use the 9th pick they would look to Cameron Jordan.

We took Smith at 9. Astonishing.

hostile said:
We both told you the Cowboys were not high on Rahim Moore despite his public beliefs we would take him in the 2nd. He was there, we passed.

Again, what Sdogo told me less than a week before the draft:

sdogo said:
As far as the next couple rounds, the Cowboys will target Rahim Moore, Aaron Williams or the top rated DE or OL that drops.

Not only did we pass on Moore, but we didnt' even take an OL or DE.

hostile said:
Sdogo told you about the reports on Ellis and we passed twice.

From sdogo, less than a week before the draft:

sdogo said:
If they trade down in the 2nd I can all but guarantee Kenrick Ellis will be the pick but not at 40.

In the 3rd, Ellis if he still on the board or Will Rackley.

This info, coming from his "main guy", less than a week before the draft.

Listen, if you want props and credit for getting info correct and having sources, then you can expect to catch crap when the information you present is way off.