Seahawks and Commanders not expected to hire anyone until next week

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Something tells me Quinn isn’t Seattle’s first choice. Maybe they want Johnson.
I dont believe Seattle has interviewed Johnson at all. I could be wrong. But the fact that they haven't hired Quinn yet is surprising. The GM was there when Quinn served as an assistant so they clearly know each other well. Maybe they are waiting for Baltimore's DC MacDonald???

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are probably right but not so fast.........I still think he may have a handshake deal with another team as DC if he doesn't get an HC job
Can't make a lateral move. If that is still a rule. Unless Dallas gets some type of compensation.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I dont believe Seattle has interviewed Johnson at all. I could be wrong. But the fact that they haven't hired Quinn yet is surprising. The GM was there when Quinn served as an assistant so they clearly know each other well. Maybe they are waiting for Baltimore's DC MacDonald???
Johnson is still coaching the Lions bruh

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Teams are going for younger guys than retreads like Bellichek.
Looks like he’s the overwhelming favorite for the Cowboys job in 2025. He’ll be brought in to salvage what’s left of Dak’s career. We know how THAT will end, don’t we? Oh God….. it’s exhausting.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't make a lateral move. If that is still a rule. Unless Dallas gets some type of compensation.
The only requirement is for the Cowboys to let him out of his contract......
For example......just read that Kellen Moore is still under contract to the Chargers but they have given other team permission to interview him for and OC job. This is a bit different coz the Chargers are changing HC but the rule still applies.

Aven8

Reaction score
My guess is Vrabel will end up a DC somewhere in 2024 and Belichick will end up in an "Advisor" or "Consulting" role for a team in 2024.
If I’m Jerry I’m doing a package deal for both of them as we speak. This is a once and a lifetime opportunity to get the best of the best and this is coming from someone who likes Mike a lot.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah but Johnson has interviewed with the Commanders twice already. Teams were allowed to begin interviewing coaches still in the playoffs after the WC round.
Yeah they can interview via video, but not in person til their season is over.

I think SEA is wanting to interview MacDonald and Aaron Glenn.