Seahawks and Commanders not expected to hire anyone until next week

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You really stretching here. I mean really really really stretching. There is no chance in hell Jones is letting Quinn leave for a coordinator job. Its not you never know. Everyone knows thats not happening
We will see what happens if he doesn't get an HC job. I will leave it at that........but I'm keeping the receipt (LOL)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We will see what happens if he doesn't get an HC job. I will leave it at that........but I'm keeping the receipt (LOL)
Come dude, you know thats just wishfull thinking. There is 0 chance Quinn gets let go or allowed to take a DC job. He would have been let go already

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Come dude, you know thats just wishfull thinking. There is 0 chance Quinn gets let go or allowed to take a DC job. He would have been let go already
You missing the point Greg.......remember he had HC interview offers BEFORE the playoffs and his D laid a giant-sized egg. IF teams still wanted to interview him for their HC, just let that process play out ( which is exactly what's happening now ) before deciding on whether or not he is returning, especially if you know you don't want him back. There is no reason to fire him until the HCing process is over........

BTW.......as stated in a few other threads, If I'm Quinn, I don't wanna come back, especially with all DC openings that will get me a new 3-5 year contract vs working for lame-duck MM.

This isn't hard, basic logic.....I'm surprised to don't see it. (lol)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You missing the point Greg.......remember he had HC interview offers BEFORE the playoffs and his D laid a giant-sized egg. IF teams still wanted to interview him for their HC, just let that process play out ( which is exactly what's happening now ) before deciding on whether or not he is returning, especially if you know you don't want him back. There is no reason to fire him until the HCing process is over........

BTW.......as stated in a few other threads, If I'm Quinn, I don't wanna come back, especially with all DC openings that will get me a new 3-5 year contract vs working for lame-duck MM.

This isn't hard, basic logic.....I'm surprised to don't see it. (lol)
You are trying to see something that isnt there. There is an obvious reason to fire him if you dont want him back: You don't lose out on the top available coordinators to replace him. Which we already did. Makes no sense to them firing him now as opposed to last week.

CWR

Reaction score
JJ has a record of denying those interviews.

Things is, he's not under contract and doesn't need permission.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
My guess is Vrabel will end up a DC somewhere in 2024 and Belichick will end up in an "Advisor" or "Consulting" role for a team in 2024.
He’s still being paid under the terms of his agreement with Tennessee. He is not going to take anything less than a HC position because he doesn’t have to. Just like Pederson who sat out a year and collected paychecks from Philly, Vrabel will do the same. Quite a gig when you think about it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s still being paid under the terms of his agreement with Tennessee. He is not going to take anything less than a HC position because he doesn’t have to. Just like Pederson who sat out a year and collected paychecks from Philly, Vrabel will do the same. Quite a gig when you think about it.
I know he doesn't have to or need to take a non-HC job, but what if he waits a year and no HC offers come next season or the season after that?

Better to stay in the NFL and connected as a DC than sit on the sidelines waiting for a call that may or may not come this year, next year or potentially ever.

You are right though, he can do nothing if he prefers that and hope someone calls eventually.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Vrabel to the No Names, Johnson to Seattle. Bill waiting to see if Jerry will give him full control after another wasted season. Seriously though...why would ANYONE want Quinn as HC??

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Vrabel to the No Names, Johnson to Seattle. Bill waiting to see if Jerry will give him full control after another wasted season. Seriously though...why would ANYONE want Quinn as HC??
No idea. But the media acts like he's some great coordinator. Are we the only ones that see his defense is terrible against good QBs? The only way they can get off the field is with a turnover.

We saw Miami and Detroit march right down the field with ease when all we needed was one stop to win the game. And green bay could have scored 60 if they really tried.

For people that don't actually watch the games and just look at the numbers, this defense would look good. But for those that actually follow the team know they beat up inferior opponents and fold against any team that doesn't turn the ball over. Even Seattle did not punt against us (in Dallas)

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys arent going to do that. Why do you think they would

The Chargers are giving Moore permission because he isnt in their long term plans. They may fire him or keep for a year as a bridge.
No, they refused to let him interview with the Bears until Jim Harbaugh agreed to be HC. That signaled that Harbaugh will be bringing in his own guys across the board so they allowed Moore to interview. So now he’s no longer in their long/term plans. They even interviewed him for the HC position before Harbaugh, but Harbaugh was their primary target all along.

khiladi

Reaction score
No idea. But the media acts like he's some great coordinator. Are we the only ones that see his defense is terrible against good QBs? The only way they can get off the field is with a turnover.

We saw Miami and Detroit march right down the field with ease when all we needed was one stop to win the game. And green bay could have scored 60 if they really tried.

For people that don't actually watch the games and just look at the numbers, this defense would look good. But for those that actually follow the team know they beat up inferior opponents and fold against any team that doesn't turn the ball over. Even Seattle did not punt against us (in Dallas)
You are acting like the Quinn defenses are anywhere hear as bad the defenses that Dak plays against are….

khiladi

Reaction score
I Been Saying And I Will Say It Again..NFL Teams Are Hiring Young Innovative Talent..

With Bill Belichick,It Is Proof That Teams Are Passing On From The Old Ways.

Though I Wish Jerry Was Next, But Don't Expect Stubborn Old Mule Jerry Jones To Retire And/Or To Go On This Path Of Hiring Innovative Young Talent..
As Fans... Man, Are WE Screwed... :banghead: The :hammer:Is In The Coffin....

NUFF SAID....
Bellichek wants full control of football operations. That’s why Atlanta didn’t hire him.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score

The media really is that gullible. Even Aikman, who I consider one of the best out there, used to always claim that Moore was "going to be a head coach next year" while our offense feasted on trash teams, then fell flat on their face to end the season. Then suddenly the talk of HC slips out the back door. But this loss to Green Bay was so bad, I wouldn't go anywhere near ANY of this coaching staff if I were another team.