Seahawks Next Week

catiii

Reaction score
I wanna know WTH happened to the play calls we saw in the first 3 games of 2019. THAT is the fast pace and misdirection and motion I want to see! Bring it back!!!!!!!! Garrett is gone so play crafty and smart, not slow and predictable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has all the signs of a shootout because SEA's D is not what it used to be but if the Cowboys DL doesn't pressure Wilson, he'll have a party back there with the Cowboys secondary, the Legion of Gloom.

Covering Locket is like trying to catch a squirrel with boxing gloves and Metcalf is THE freak of WR's in the NFL. 6'4" 220 4.35 speed and when he dunked the ball over the goalpost, his freaking head was above the goalpost! Y'all, that ain't right! Wilson predicted he'd be considered the best WR in the NFL by season's end and he's out to prove that.

How in the hell do they defend him when he's a more athletic and faster Terrell Owens? Want to jam him at the line? Good luck with that, I think he'd like that. He had that typical rookie WR season last year learning the job and evidently he stayed after school for this season.

Last edited:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
i am not even considering a win... i mean... all points lead to a loss

I agree 100%. We have like a 10% chance to win this game, so very little. Russell is playing lights out, their running game is strong, and the Cowboys defense is duck butter. No way they can control Russell's arm and legs. I don't think Nolan has it in him to even devise such a plan.

On offense, yes, they can score, but given this team rarely starts strong...they'll fall behind, and that 10% chance is the Cowboys win a miracle in a shootout. And the ST makes some great plays to tip the balance.

Sure, the Cowboys COULD win, but come on, ya'll, this would be a major upset, IMO, given the difference in the coaching on both sides of the ball.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Seahawks are looking excellent. Will be tough to win this one. Stop with the turnovers. Defense needs to play better. Then maybe we'll have a chance. Hope they put together an outstanding game plan.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I wanna know WTH happened to the play calls we saw in the first 3 games of 2019. THAT is the fast pace and misdirection and motion I want to see! Bring it back!!!!!!!! Garrett is gone so play crafty and smart, not slow and predictable.

Playing fast is all well and good but I think with this current defense you do want a bit of ball control and TOP control as opposed to scoring fast and putting them back out on the field.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Diggs is definitely raw...but you can see he is a more than willing tackler and is around the ball. Actually turns around on a pass. Rare around here. Once he gains some experience he will be a top DB.

They seriously need to get some of the kids more involved sooner than later.....there's no light that's going to suddenly go on for some of the underperforming vets, or ones who just dont have much talent.

I hope to see Biadasz and McGovern starting by TGiving, and Anae and Bernard getting regular snaps asap.

Still holding out hope that Wilson can be something also, although they seem very hesitant w him. He must not be showing much.
Diggs doesn't play scared and reminds me of Kevin Smith in that regard. That's such a mental game between CB's and WR's and when he draws Metcalf on Sunday, his education is going to get fast tracked but that's how they learn. He has also seen him up close and personal in college as well.

When I think of the young guys getting tested, the one that always comes to mind is Larry Allen's indoctrination at the hands of Reggie White. My son and I were standing there watching the game and I mentioned Allen was coming in the game and they were pretty high on him. Well, Reggie bull rushes him and with one arm rag dolls him and goes in to make the tackle. I don't know who had the look of amazement more on our faces, me, my son or Larry.

catiii

Reaction score
Playing fast is all well and good but I think with this current defense you do want a bit of ball control and TOP control as opposed to scoring fast and putting them back out on the field.
I agree with that. "Fast" was the wrong word. Motion, misdirection is what I meant - and QB runs! Game 4 onward in 2019 looked like a totally different coach was calling plays.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is simple to me. I think SEA is the better team and should win the game. It will take an unusual output from the Cowboys and a little luck to beat them.

I am still old school about football. I think the better team wins most of the time.

And SEA has that one thing that the Cowboys have struggled with it seems like decades, the mobile QB. They also have a potent run game. They also know they are the now favorite to win the West with those SF injuries. And the last time they were in SEA, they beat them running the ball with Wagner out, time to settle old scores.

I am not looking for a Cowboys win. I am looking to see how they play against a top contender. Also to see how this coaching staff handles this one as opposed to how the old one faced these game, playing not to lose.

I am surprised at only a 4.5 spread on this game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not McC's MO, I don't think he has the patience for that kind of game and how could he, look at the O's/QB's he's been with in the past.

And to play that game, a team needs a good run D. Do the Cowboys have that?

cern

Reaction score
this will not be a walk in the park. wilson's the hottest qb in the nfl at the moment. their wr's are outstanding. but at least crowd noise will be diminished. their coach ain't too shabby either. mac and moore will need to be at their best.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We are not winning this game. Our coaching is worse than last season. These coaches need to get it together.

JBond

Reaction score
Dallas' best hope is win a shootout against Seattle. Wilson and the offense is clicking but their defense is giving up points and yards.
Our interior better be ready. Best LB in the league with one of the best SS in the the league. Running up the middle is a non starter. Got to wear them out chasing creative play calls at the edge.