Seahawks Offering Clowney $18.5/Per

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL I have never said I liked that contract Cooper got. I even mentioned it in another thread. But like you said, if it is structured properly, we have an out. And Cooper's is. That 60 million in guarantees is only coming out of Jerry's pocket.

I also don't think Cooper ghosts or just doesn't show up from time to time. I just think people expect too much from him. Or think too highly of him. He's not a hall of fame WR. In my youth I played WR and had absolutely great games and crap games. I didn't purposely take a week off. It happens. A WR doesn't always have control. The defense and the quarterback's time in the pocket plays a huge role.
How is it coming out of Jerry's pocket? I don't understand.

Flamma

Reaction score
How is it coming out of Jerry's pocket? I don't understand.

Ok, this is how I see it. Both the Zeke and Amari contracts give the Cowboys an out after two years. They're not terrible for the Cowboys long term. But when you add in guaranteed money Jerry takes a beating if Dallas does decide to part ways after 2 years. Cooper 60 mil guaranteed and Elliott 50 mil guaranteed. That's a tough pill to swallow for two years. As fans we don't have to worry about that. That's on Jerry.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok, this is how I see it. Both the Zeke and Amari contracts give the Cowboys an out after two years. They're not terrible for the Cowboys long term. But when you add in guaranteed money Jerry takes a beating if Dallas does decide to part ways after 2 years. Cooper 60 mil guaranteed and Elliott 50 mil guaranteed. That's a tough pill to swallow for two years. As fans we don't have to worry about that. That's on Jerry.
OK. Since that's money that has to be paid no matter what due to the salary cap minimum, I just don't agree that it comes out of Jerry's pocket. Pay comes out of the monstrous revenue stream.

Flamma

Reaction score
OK. Since that's money that has to be paid no matter what due to the salary cap minimum, I just don't agree that it comes out of Jerry's pocket. Pay comes out of the monstrous revenue stream.

Ok. I'm with you on that. But that's something that he needs to be concerned about, not us.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok. I'm with you on that. But that's something that he needs to be concerned about, not us.
Depends on what sort of fan a person chooses to be. If a person is interested in the day to day details and in team building there's nothing wrong w/ being concerned about where the allotted moneys are spent. If one prefers to just be a fan and just root to win and nothing else, that is also fine.

Flamma

Reaction score
Depends on what sort of fan a person chooses to be. If a person is interested in the day to day details and in team building there's nothing wrong w/ being concerned about where the allotted moneys are spent. If one prefers to just be a fan and just root to win and nothing else, that is also fine.

What I mean is, if the extra loss in money is not affecting the team much, I don't care. In other words, Amari is guaranteed 60 Mil. His cap hit is 12 and 22 the next two years then 6 if he's cut. That's the part I care about.

kskboys

Reaction score
What I mean is, if the extra loss in money is not affecting the team much, I don't care. In other words, Amari is guaranteed 60 Mil. His cap hit is 12 and 22 the next two years then 6 if he's cut. That's the part I care about.
Loss of money(cap room) always affects the team, though.