Seahawks release DT Jarran Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just because some develop doesn't mean they all will. Counting on a player that had a half-sack to become the stud that we need is foolish. Hoping that he does is fine. Address the position and hope that he develops and then we'd have two quality pass rushers on the inside, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I remember some falling in love with Maliek Collins after he had five sacks as a rookie. We saw how that turned out for us.

The bottom line is we've got to fix the 3-tech spot if we're going to run that alignment. It doesn't matter to me how many resources we throw at it as long as we fix it. Until we do, this defense will be always lacking.
It just means some patience is in order for that position sometimes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No.

I'm just smart enough to know we need both.

Could use a starting 3T. Hill rotates in for some pass rush snaps.
Gallimore takes passing downs at 1T. Woods takes run downs.

Leaves us free to draft a quality run stuffing 1T and 3T. Cut Woods at the end of camp if everyone is healthy.

Creeper

Reaction score
Reed got more from the Chiefs than the Cowboys unofficial FA signing limit of $6 million. Dallas was never serious about signing Reed or upgrading the DT position.

Sydla

Reaction score
For the cost of Watkins, Urban, you could have scrounged together a few more million and gotten a very good starter.

Instead, we signed a bunch of JAG backup types at a position we could use real starters at.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For the cost of Watkins, Urban, you could have scrounged together a few more million and gotten a very good starter.

Instead, we signed a bunch of JAG backup types at a position we could use real starters at.
There he is. Right on point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I see a lot of whining and moaning in this thread. Mostly from the usual suspects but others as well. I wonder if y'all considered the fact Reed was suspended for 6 games because of a domestic abuse issue? Did you even know it? I think most didn't.

aikemirv

Reaction score
More than we would be willing to pay.

People really need to face facts about how cheap this franchise is.

They are doing this by choice. They don't want to create space to get talent like the rest of the league.

Cheap - no, priorities a bit out of line and bad decisions with current players - Yes.

We have a top 2 paid QB, top 2 RB, top 4 WR and a top 4 Edge and top 7 LB.

aikemirv

Reaction score
See Gallimore in the Steelers game.
The bad part about last year is the impossibility of grading a draft choice coming into that screwed up defense with no time in training camp! It was a dumpster fire. With the money we have invested, you can't just hope.....

You may have, or not have, seen talent on the field but way to early to judge, but a gap player would be ideal!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jarran has been on record refusing a very generous offer by Seattle recently. It's unlikely he'll get any $10 mil award from us! :omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.