Seahawks release Rice

k19

Reaction score
Agent: Rice wants to play a 21st season
ESPN.com news services

Has Jerry Rice run his last NFL pass pattern?

On Friday, the Seattle Seahawks released Rice. His agent told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer that the move was made at Rice's request, the newspaper's Web site reported.

Rice"We asked for his release, and obviously they want to accommodate him," Jim Steiner, Rice's longtime agent, told the Post-Intelligencer at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

"We are grateful to Jerry and the role he was willing to fill for the Seahawks last year," coach Mike Holmgren said in a statement released by the team."He is one of the greatest players in the history of our game and we wish him nothing but the best."

The NFL's all-time leading receiver split last season with the Seahawks and Oakland Raiders, who traded Rice to the Seahawks at midseason. In 11 games, he had 25 catches for 362 yards and three touchdowns.

Rice is eager to return for a 21st NFL season if he can find the right situation, Steiner said.

"I think he still has the fire," Steiner said.

Among his dozens of NFL records, Rice is the career leader in receptions (1,549), reception yardage (22,895) and touchdown catches (197).

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

k19

Reaction score
Did not Michelle, time was 310 for both of them so neener neener neener. They just like you more

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
Did not Michelle, time was 310 for both of them so neener neener neener. They just like you more
Don't you know it's always ladies first... :grin2:

k19

Reaction score
and we both missed the news on Law........Stupid Job, always getting in the way of important things

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
and we both missed the news on Law........Stupid Job, always getting in the way of important things
I know. I was chatting it up with some co-workers over cake to celebrate some of their birthdays. How dare they interrupt my web surfing like that?