Seahawks vs Falcons Game Thread

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Just remember 5 picks before Seahawks took Wilson, Jacksonville took a punter

links18

Reaction score
rat2k8;4964241 said:
This loss is on Carrol. You never leave 34 seconds on the clock. They had 3 timeouts and didn't have to score that quickly. This icing the kicker is just plain stupid and in this instance cost them the game.

Yes, sooner or later coaches have to learn that scoring is only part of the goal in that situation. You also have to be certain not to leave too much time on the clock for the other team. That's something Garrett would probably pull....:D

rynochop

Reaction score
Diogenes;4964262 said:
Statistics show icing the kicker doesn't work. Having said that, I don't think Bryant put much effort into his first kick after hearing the whistle. Looked like he hesitated and then gave it a nonchalant effort.

I thought the same thing..like eh, ill just kick it.

links18

Reaction score
Diogenes;4964262 said:
Statistics show icing the kicker doesn't work. .

If that's the case then reverse icing doesn't work also.

People misread stats all the time. The stats do not say that icing the kicker does not work. They say that it doesn't work often enough to make it worth trying, but that is not the same as saying it doesn't work.

blue knights

Reaction score
links18;4964287 said:
Yes, sooner or later coaches have to learn that scoring is only part of the goal in that situation. You also have to be certain not to leave too much time on the clock for the other team. That's something Garrett would probably pull....:D
Did you want him to have Wilson take a knee on 1st down?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
What were the Seahawks supposed to do at the goal line though? Lynch went out of bounds on that long run to set up 1st and goal and the clock stopped. They ran the ball on the first play and scored...you have to worry about SCORING first.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't get the sideline pass. You have 2 timeouts, you can hit something farther down the field up the middle.

rynochop

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4964314 said:
I don't get the sideline pass. You have 2 timeouts, you can hit something farther down the field up the middle.

6 seconds? Not really. ANY running after and its over. Plus what's the rule going down for a receiver? I didn't think the clock stopped immediately.

Diogenes

Reaction score
links18;4964299 said:
If that's the case then reverse icing doesn't work also.

People misread stats all the time. The stats do not say that icing the kicker does not work. They say that it doesn't work often enough to make it worth trying, but that is not the same as saying it doesn't work.

That's what I meant of course. Wasn't trying to say that the kicker makes it every time a coach tries to ice him. Good grief, people will stop at nothing to try and correct you at every turn.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4964314 said:

Only 6 seconds left. Even that short pattern took 4 seconds.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
rynochop;4964328 said:
6 seconds? Not really. ANY running after and its over. Plus what's the rule going down for a receiver? I didn't think the clock stopped immediately.

I would think you could just down it on one knee, but good luck getting the scorer to stop the clock on time.

I think it would be nice if they could have took more time off the clock, but you have to actually score the touchdown versus a team who is not trying to let you. You can't just line it up like a field goal. The bottom line is that Seattle's defense didn't get it done.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Super_Kazuya;4964346 said:
I would think you could just down it on one knee, but good luck getting the scorer to stop the clock on time.

I think it would be nice if they could have took more time off the clock, but you have to actually score the touchdown versus a team who is not trying to let you. You can't just line it up like a field goal. The bottom line is that Seattle's defense didn't get it done.

I believe that if a runner have no intentions of running with the football after he goes down. It is dead.

I wonder if Carroll was arguing with the ref for a delay of game because the fg kick happened way after the whistles blew for a timeout.

Seattle shouldn't played that prevent defense on the first play. If they would of called what they did call on the 2nd play, they probably wouldn't gave up much yardage on the first play.

rynochop

Reaction score
bigdnlaca;4964375 said:
I believe that if a runner have no intentions of running with the football after he goes down. It is dead.

I wonder if Carroll was arguing with the ref for a delay of game because the fg kick happened way after the whistles blew for a timeout.

Seattle shouldn't played that prevent defense on the first play. If they would of called what they did call on the 2nd play, they probably wouldn't gave up much yardage on the first play.

Good point on the delay of game, makes sense. Happens all the time on punts and kicks...but a receiver or rb rolls it 10 yards downfield its called.

Lodeus

Reaction score
18987_409773715764259_771137329_n.jpg