Seahawks weekly practice report

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol this is so true. This is my sons first year playing hs ball, freshman year. I told him it's gonna be different. And now after 3 weeks of 6 days a week practice hittin he just tells me his body is always sore. I just laughed

You should tell him to throw some dirt on it? :muttley:

Loso86

Reaction score
Thats not the players fault though, which is what I was saying. You cant simulate those activities on your own.
Oh wellbyea I agree, nobody's fault at this point unless you want to call the NFL as a whole greedy and money hungry therefore....everybody's fault lmao

cowboygo

Reaction score
Starters mostly play in one preseason game anyway, so how much preseason do they need.
But they do get a drive or 2 in the first 2 games. It gradually builds up for that dress rehearsal, where they play a half of football only. I don't mind taking away 1-2 preseason games, but they do serve a purpose.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Because of the new shorter and less restrictive IR rules you’re hearing a lot more of guys going to IR which makes it seem like there’s a rash of bad injuries when really teams are just roster maneuvering.

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Doesnt matter its takes time to get your body in Physical form to take the beatings that they take. Have you ever played Football on any level.....
This is a BS next gen answer. yes I have And Coached for many years. Won 3 county and 1 State title. I started working with my guys in June. By the time August rolled around they were all good. You can simulate game speed and contact. I'm tired of these "Time Out" excuses.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We see these injuries every year, it's just spread over training camp, pre-season and week 1.

Last year Dallas had 8 players on IR/PUP for all 16 weeks.
They had 17 guys on IR/PUP come week 17.

This season numbers are higher but largely because guys can come back off IR after only 3 weeks now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is a BS next gen answer. yes I have And Coached for many years. Won 3 county and 1 State title. I started working with my guys in June. By the time August rolled around they were all good. You can simulate game speed and contact. I'm tired of these "Time Out" excuses.
ROFL, don't take this the wrong way but this is just a mess.
NFL is a grown man's game with far more violent collisions with much larger bodies.
Injuries occur at higher rates than for High School or college kids.

The NFL has millions invested in getting guys and keeping guys healthy.
They aren't tossing out guys who are out of shape.
Exactly zero player you ever coached could block Aaron Donald for one snap and come out healthy.

Loso86

Reaction score
You coached and played what HS College or Pro.... I have as well, and yes it plays a factor, maybe not to everybody but to ALOT of athletes ot matters. You think all these injuries are by luck or accident sir

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
You coached and played what HS College or Pro.... I have as well, and yes it plays a factor, maybe not to everybody but to ALOT of athletes ot matters. You think all these injuries are by luck or accident sir
mabe both but, the extra is lack of condition. Every one knew the state of this year. No excuses as a pro. It is your JOB!

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
ROFL, don't take this the wrong way but this is just a mess.
NFL is a grown man's game with far more violent collisions with much larger bodies.
Injuries occur at higher rates than for High School or college kids.

The NFL has millions invested in getting guys and keeping guys healthy.
They aren't tossing out guys who are out of shape.
Exactly zero player you ever coached could block Aaron Donald for one snap and come out healthy.
Then that furthers my point. Show up right. You know what's comming. AD is a freak.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol yea man he'll be just fine soon itll be second nature to him. That's why they say when you take that first big hit your body settles down and gets comfortable with physical contact
Yessir hes playing jv and was playing scout team defense at MLB and got to take on a pulling varsity guard. That's when he knew ok its different lol.

Loso86

Reaction score
mabe both but, the extra is lack of condition. Every one knew the state of this year. No excuses as a pro. It is your JOB!
Easier said than but I get what your saying, condition doesnt have much to so with the injuries that's been taking place

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
yes, and I get all that, but you would think SOMEONE would have spoken to them early on about how to be an adult in the NFL, and life. Clearly these guys are surrounded by yes men and they get fed a bunch of placating garbage..and false info. They get in way over their head when they come to the NFL.
I think alot of this is the pandemic.

When it first happened nobody saw the repercussions coming.

Athletes get into rythums and training is different for everybody. I am sure many in the NFL try to just get well from the previous season and do not really intensify their preparations until before TC.

With all the gyrations of trying to get a handle on how to cope..many probably thought there would be no season. They were seeing all the shutdowns and I might back off my workouts to better focus on family, etc.

I think that is partly maybe even largely to blame..working out singlurly is not the same as working with trainers and coaches monitoring progress for you.

That is why the rosters were expanded to have a bigger roster to draw from if injuries overwhelmed teams.

So it's not like anybody planned it poorly. There was never anything like this before.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Most of them are in their early to mid 20's. We're not dealing with the most mature age group.
You can't simulate game day fitness when working out on your own. These are the best athletes in the world, but they all need time to catch up with the rest of the best athletes playing