Twitter: Sean Lee Contract Details

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Sean Lee contract details: Signing bonus: $1 million Base salary: $2 million ($1 million guaranteed) Active roster bonus: $750,000 ($46,875 per game) 55-man roster bonus: $750,000 ($46,875 per game)

I'm not so sure his contract says base salary 2 mil (1 mil guaranteed) because he's a vested vet and if they are on the active roster after week 1 their entire base salary is automatically guaranteed. They could get cut after week 3 and still are guaranteed their entire base salary..

GMO415

Reaction score
He'll be injured for six weeks. He's too damn old to make any plays.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I had heard the 8 million number too.

Spotrac has 4 years, 22mil.

Still, he was a RFA this year, so it's more like we already had the rights to a 3mil year, plus we bought a 3 year extension for 19.

That 18 in the league is averaging over 4 seasons. If you do only the extension years, he's more like 12th in the league. Seems pricey for a guy who has been at most been a half timer.

There will be newer and higher TE signings throughout the next 3-4 years and it will be a deal if he is our starter throughout that timeline. Which he is expected to be. We got the deal done because we signed long term as opposed trying to get that $3 million year out of him and then have to sign at a higher yearly average next year once he gets starter production on his resume. That's an average of $5.5 million a year. Witten is getting $4.750,000 to play for the Raiders this year.

Jarwin's cap hit is $3,250,000 this year anyways.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, not a whole lot of risk for the leadership he at least provides. gameplay - i'll take what i can.

Now I just that the team actually plays the three of them where they should be lining up!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But if he balls out this year with MM's scheme, he price to re-sign would be way more than $8 million a year.

You could say that with any player. So far, Jarwin has been good but not great as the last target on a high powered offense. Not so good a blocker. That's not an overwhelming performance to give that contract to.

Just thought of someone we could add who would come a lot cheaper. Swaim. Got injured with Jax, then they put him on IR. They just cut him. He was a solid blocker and a tough if unexciting runner. We know him, we need more at TE, and he should come cheap for a vet. Though that would be another season in a row cut short by injuries. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by Schulz.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
He also has $2 million in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives based on play-time percentage.​

I bet he make some of that. Last year he was at 59%.

Last year's Playing Time Incentives:
50%: $1M
65%: $1M
80%: $1M
80% + Playoff Birth: $500,000

I hope he earns all of them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There will be newer and higher TE signings throughout the next 3-4 years and it will be a deal if he is our starter throughout that timeline. Which he is expected to be. We got the deal done because we signed long term as opposed trying to get that $3 million year out of him and then have to sign at a higher yearly average next year once he gets starter production on his resume. That's an average of $5.5 million a year. Witten is getting $4.750,000 to play for the Raiders this year.

Jarwin's cap hit is $3,250,000 this year anyways.

6.25m of dead money this year.

I suppose the actual deal is pretty reasonable. The 3.25m is about what he would have cost as RFA. Maybe a little less.

Then it's 3mil this year for the option to extend him at 4.25, 5.25, 6.25 from 21-23.

My brain got set with Too High from that original 8mil figure, and is taking some time to adjust to the actual contract.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You could say that with any player. So far, Jarwin has been good but not great as the last target on a high powered offense. Not so good a blocker. That's not an overwhelming performance to give that contract to.

Just thought of someone we could add who would come a lot cheaper. Swaim. Got injured with Jax, then they put him on IR. They just cut him. He was a solid blocker and a tough if unexciting runner. We know him, we need more at TE, and he should come cheap for a vet. Though that would be another season in a row cut short by injuries. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by Schulz.

Yea you could say that about any player, but you are making an educated guess on a player where it is likely to happen.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yea you could say that about any player, but you are making an educated guess on a player where it is likely to happen.

Maybe likely to happen, but not as likely as a proven starter. That extra uncertainty should be paid for with a reduced contract.

Looking at the contract again, I've come around to it. Factor out what we would have had to pay him anyway as an RFA, and we're paying 3mil now to have the option to extend him on a reasonably priced starter contract. Decent deal.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Imagine adding up all of the money Lee has made and dividing that by his production. Then do the same with Jaylon.