Twitter: Sean Lee doesn't sound ready to retire

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So expect Jerry to hand him a 6 year $90mil contract.

Sean Lee does not sound ready to walk away as a player to become a coach just yet. “You kind of go back and forth on things at times as you get older,” he said. “But the problem is anytime I go on the field and I get to play and you make a couple of plays, you’re like, ‘Well, I like this too much.’ And that is my problem: I love this game too much. I love this organization a lot. And I love playing and I love playing the position, linebacker. I joke to my wife that I’m addicted to it at times.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I love the guy, but there may come a time when he doesn't have a choice.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
:thumbdown:
Four years in college (We Are Penn Penn State) & eleven playing in the pros. I doubt your body would last even 4 years. Lee even offered a cut in pay.

Nothing but class combined w/greatness!
He's the greatest to ever wear a Cowboys uniform.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Sean Lee does not sound ready to walk away as a player to become a coach just yet. “You kind of go back and forth on things at times as you get older,” he said. “But the problem is anytime I go on the field and I get to play and you make a couple of plays, you’re like, ‘Well, I like this too much.’ And that is my problem: I love this game too much. I love this organization a lot. And I love playing and I love playing the position, linebacker. I joke to my wife that I’m addicted to it at times.”

i

You don't deserve this thread.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Meh. I don’t really mind him staying. Unlike Witten, he’s not really taking away time or plays from talented people behind him. Plus he’s actually a really good coach and motivator for the LBs. He’s practically a coach. If that’s what it takes to to stay and coach on the sidelines, so be it. Hopefully we draft a LB this upcoming draft for Lee to mentor.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Four years in college (We Are Penn Penn State) & eleven playing in the pros will do that to any player. Lee even offered a cut in pay.

Darn good LB when healthy and you know he loves the game. But I think a good junk of the decision comes down to money.... Sean Lee makes 3.5mil a year now,,,,,what ya think a LB coach makes...maybe 500K to 1mil at the most.

Big drop in pay......to be a coach.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
:thumbdown:
Four years in college (We Are Penn Penn State) & eleven playing in the pros. I doubt your body would last even 4 years. Lee even offered a cut in pay.

Bobby Wagner's body has held up. More games played in less seasons.

John813

Reaction score
Loved him but its time my man. Don't be like Witten playing past your prime on another team getting very limited snaps.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will be in a Raiders uniform next season. We may get a comp pick.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I would really, really, really like to see Sean Lee have a terrific game this weekend. It might be his last (as a player) in Dallas.

And I do mean REALLY.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

i

Would like to see him finish out his career somewhere playing for a top-notch defense. He might not can be a full-time player anywhere, but it's been a tough road for Lee and he's given it all he's got. He deserves better than what he's experienced here.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Lee can come back, but not at 4.5M. He’s nearly vet min at this point.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you're going back and forth about it that means you're thinking about retirement. As a football player if you're thinking about it you may as well do it. Start your coaching career, Sean Lee.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

i

I expect Lee knows that he's got folks in KC and Indy who want him playing there.

Coaching-wise, I expect he'd be more likely to follow Eberflus than anyone.