News: Sean Lee is "disappointed" he won't be in a Week 17 game for a second consecutive season

theSHOW

Reaction score
Sean Lee is "disappointed" he won't be in a Week 17 game for a second consecutive season
Middle linebacker Sean Lee doesn't need surgery, but he won't be in the lineup for the Cowboys on Sunday either. It marks the second consecutive season that Lee has missed a Week 17 elimination game. He finished last season on inured reserve with a toe injury.
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-17-game-for-a-second-consecutive-season.html
"I’m very disappointed obviously," Lee said Friday. "It’s two years in a row I haven’t been there when the team needed me most. There are some things you can control, and some things you can’t. You have to play the cards you’re dealt and try to stay positive. I’m excited with the guys we have going this week. They’ve done a great job preparing, and I think they’ll be effective."

Lee hopes the Cowboys can win, believing he has a chance to be back next week. Dallas would host a wild-card playoff game with a victory over the Eagles.

"That’s the plan," Lee said. "We’re going to check, week in and week out, and see what the doctors say and once they feel the stability in my neck is fine and is ready to go, they’ll let me bac

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-second-consecutive-season.html#storylink=cpy

apparently not as disappointed as me.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Im disappointed too, Sean.

Play hard and hurt yourself, now "fans" are calling you garbage.

And some fans cheer on the players who don't dress for the Biggest Game of the season. It is the season
I don't subscribe to #50 until he takes a reduced salary. Constantly missing big games and we slot in a bum because we are in Cap hell

Thanks #50

Nirvana

Reaction score
Holloman is the wildcard for this game on defense. He has shown flashes and I hope he puts it all together for this game.

It's up to him and Orton more than any other player.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
London Fletcher can play MLB and be in on every play and still stay on the field. Lee is not a great player, he is just overhyped. He should have never received a Contract Extension. He should have been given a contract that is prorated for 8 games a year with Bonus Incentives for every game he plays in beyond 8 games. I am still pissed that he had the guts to call out Jay Ratliff. A CHina Doll should keep quiet or else she can break.

Lee needs to retire from football, give Jerry most of his money back, and get a job selling Obamacare.

Why are you pissed he called out Ratliff?

morasp

Reaction score
Holloman is the wildcard for this game on defense. He has shown flashes and I hope he puts it all together for this game.

It's up to him and Orton more than any other player.

Holloman would have to make a big improvement. They have to do something to contain McCoy, maybe using Church in the box, he is a very sure tackler.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Holloman would have to make a big improvement. They have to do something to contain McCoy, maybe using Church in the box, he is a very sure tackler.

They put Church in the box last time they met with great success. McCoy's biggest run was 10 yards and he averaged 3.1 yds a carry. Lee and Church were the two primary factors in that success, combining for 16 tackles - half of them came on McCoy runs. The Cowboys played more man than usual, with Carr shutting down Jackson. Kiffin knows that offense and called a great game, his best here needless to say. It was like we knew their playbook.

morasp

Reaction score
They put Church in the box last time they met with great success. McCoy's biggest run was 10 yards and he averaged 3.1 yds a carry. Lee and Church were the two primary factors in that success, combining for 16 tackles - half of them came on McCoy runs. The Cowboys played more man than usual, with Carr shutting down Jackson. Kiffin knows that offense and called a great game, his best here needless to say. It was like we knew their playbook.

I was thinking that this morning. Say what you will about Kiffin but he's been in the business a long time and probably has more experience against Kelly than any other NFL defensive coordinator. It makes me think shutting them down the first time wasn't a fluke.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I was thinking that this morning. Say what you will about Kiffin but he's been in the business a long time and probably has more experience against Kelly than any other NFL defensive coordinator. It makes me think shutting them down the first time wasn't a fluke.

Church said something interesting about that game, in relation to Foles and VIck. He said they KNEW it was a pass on read option plays were Foles kept the ball, unlike how it would have been with Vick. The team was prepared well, and I think it was not a fluke either. The variable is Foles, who has improved since then. But the keys they used then will still be keys now.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
This is the sort of thing that can happen to a guy that doesn't make business decisions. You put your body on the line every play, and some people will dub you fragile. Make a concentrated effort to keep your body out of dangerous positions, and you'll be called soft.

Lee is a good player, maybe even great, but it just seems like another injury is always around the corner. I find myself wincing whenever he makes a tackle that looks even moderately violent these days, kind of like a wince everytime Murray gets tackled.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
Sean Lee is "disappointed" he won't be in a Week 17 game for a second consecutive season
Middle linebacker Sean Lee doesn't need surgery, but he won't be in the lineup for the Cowboys on Sunday either. It marks the second consecutive season that Lee has missed a Week 17 elimination game. He finished last season on inured reserve with a toe injury.
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-17-game-for-a-second-consecutive-season.html
"I’m very disappointed obviously," Lee said Friday. "It’s two years in a row I haven’t been there when the team needed me most. There are some things you can control, and some things you can’t. You have to play the cards you’re dealt and try to stay positive. I’m excited with the guys we have going this week. They’ve done a great job preparing, and I think they’ll be effective."

Lee hopes the Cowboys can win, believing he has a chance to be back next week. Dallas would host a wild-card playoff game with a victory over the Eagles.

"That’s the plan," Lee said. "We’re going to check, week in and week out, and see what the doctors say and once they feel the stability in my neck is fine and is ready to go, they’ll let me bac

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-second-consecutive-season.html#storylink=cpy

Not sure who dissapoints me more on this team...

Mi!as Austin..

Sean Lee

DeMarcus Ware

or Tony Romo.

That's quite a list of the core players on this 'talented' team.