Seattle? Doable or naw?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    8,610 Likes Received
    knowing how crazy stuff is we will win 10-9 on a 56 yard fg as time expires

Bullflop likes this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

55,696 Messages
    23,855 Likes Received
    Anything is possible. Hell, last Sunday should have proven that. Now, if we are talking probable, that's a different story........

3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

53,236 Messages
    52,444 Likes Received

I disagree..

Dallas needs to worry about themselves.

They can't play slow football. They suck at it.

They are better at stringing together long drives when they are in a full on attack.

When they play like they did vs the Rams it's a win for the defense.

lopey and Redball Express like this.
  4. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

15,050 Messages
    11,731 Likes Received
    Hysterical.

Too funny.

But true.

Used to bartend after got out of school.

You made me remember some interesting friendships from those days. Those late night ones.

Thanx.

But about Seattle..

I definitely expect them to want to avenge their loss in 2018 playoffs.

We will watch and hope.

Bullflop, BoysfaninVegas and Ranching like this.
  5. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Joe Rod Zone Supporter

10,873 Messages
    3,017 Likes Received
    If the players play a full game like they did in the second half of this past Sunday then Dallas has a good chance to win the game. If they play like they did in the first half of this past Sunday then Seattle will give them a severe beat down.

Redball Express likes this.
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

15,050 Messages
    11,731 Likes Received
    My gosh..

another nailbiter.

Help us.

7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,771 Messages
    24,401 Likes Received
    I agree Dallas can't be conservative when facing top teams. I can promise you settle will not be playing a conservative game. Last season especially I felt when Dallas was on the road or when facing top teams we played it close to the vest trying not to make critical mistakes. I think you are better off opening things up vs top teams.

Bullflop and CATCH17 like this.
  8. Doomsday101

97,771 Messages
    24,401 Likes Received
    Best thing right now is Seattle 12th man will be sitting at home. Dallas should be able to run their offense as they choose without concerns of crown noise. Go get them Cowboys!!!

Bullflop likes this.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

53,236 Messages
    52,444 Likes Received
    We have just as good of an offense as anyone.

Go be a good offense and not an offense that is scared of the other team.

If we get behind in the game it's fine because we have an excellent offense that is built to come back.

Stop trying to make my team play like it's the 90's when everyone else has their foot on the gas trying to score as much as possible.

Dak Prescott is a much better player when the offense is ran wide open and not when he is doing his Troy Aikman impersonation.

10. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

6,689 Messages
    10,670 Likes Received
    Yes

but if they start off like they did against the Falcons they’ll lose by 50

11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

34,255 Messages
    13,452 Likes Received
    This game won’t be doable for the Cowboys if they don’t find a pass rush. Russell Wilson will eat our defense alive if we give him the time to throw that we gave Goff in week one and Matt Ryan this past Sunday. Stephon Gilmore who’s considered the best corner in the entire league gave up three TD passes to Seattle. Russell Wilson presents a potential nightmare for our defense.

12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

17,806 Messages
    11,900 Likes Received
    Pass rush has no pulse atm,you can limit Wilson if you can keep him in the pocket and dont give him time to launch deep throws..

13. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

6,541 Messages
    7,313 Likes Received
    It's a tall order, but it's possible. Got to avoid stupid mistakes, especially turnovers. Need to find a way to find some defense, especially pressure on their QB and takeaways. If I were putting money on this game, I would pick Seattle, but I'm a Cowboy fan, so I hope they find a way to play their very best. That must happen if they're to have any chance of winning.

14. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,552 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson is going to beat our defense like a drum

[​IMG]

15. Doomsday101

97,771 Messages
    24,401 Likes Received
    Given the weapons at WR I agree, I also think the chances of Zeke hitting the big runs will happen as defense start focusing more on the Cowboys passing attack. I do think starting off with quicker passes to open things up and slow down the pass rush especially if Tyron misses will be important, I still want Dallas to take shots down the field but I think they have to be careful of down field routs early, get into a rhythm moving the ball set seattle up then use the stop and go routs down field and deep post

16. KMY_Amber

KMY_Amber Well-Known Member

527 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    They would surprise ME.

I just don't see it, mostly because the Cowboys will certainly start slow with no urgency or creativity (unless MM can fix this!), and they'll fall behind, because certainly I'm not seeing Nolan and the defense doing anything to really slow Wilson, the running game and the stretch passing game. I just don't see it.

The Cowboys could lose by 21+.

If they win, it will be almost a miracle, late, by a few points.

Bad match ups all over the field. Sure, they may win in a shootout, and some superior 4th quarter calls. OK, surprise me, 'Boys, surprise me...

aria likes this.
  17. BobbyFlame469

BobbyFlame469 Well-Known Member

581 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore does not run this offense. He calls plays.

this game is going to come down to who performs better under center. Wilson or Prescott.

I wouldn’t bet against Wilson.

18. efh313

efh313 Well-Known Member

703 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    If the past has taught me anything, it's that Dallas shows up when nobody thinks they will and high caliber teams rest their laurels when they play us because they think we're chumps. The combination has resulted in shocking wins time and time again, so I am saying doable... but for SOME of the WRONG reasons.
    STILL have ALOT of work to do here.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    BobbyFlame469 likes this.
  19. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,369 Messages
    3,001 Likes Received
    this is the NFL. You see the Raiders beat the Saints last night>

Any game is "Doable."

20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

53,236 Messages
    52,444 Likes Received

I like our chances if we come out for the first time this season and don't do a mountain of bonehead things or try to slow ourselves down offensively.

If we do something dumb like go away from the quick passing game because we have Tyron back the remote control is likely to go through the TV.

I'm sick of the week 1 / Jason Garrett style of football.

Week 2 was perfect.. Just cut down the fumbles and keep the foot on the gas.

BobbyFlame469 likes this.