Seattle interested in Hankins

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Do we even know if Mazi will play 1T or 3T under Zimmer?
Right now, he'd be the 1-tech and Odighizuwa would be the 3-tech. However, other than Davis, we have no depth, so I'd expect at least one cheap FA DT to be brought in.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right now, he'd be the 1-tech and Odighizuwa would be the 3-tech. However, other than Davis, we have no depth, so I'd expect at least one cheap FA DT to be brought in.
We all thought he'd have been the 1tech last year too. Were we wrong. I don't think i'll believe anything till I see it because what we think the obvious move is sometimes they see it differently.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We all thought he'd have been the 1tech last year too. Were we wrong. I don't think i'll believe anything till I see it because what we think the obvious move is sometimes they see it differently.
I think we can look at how Zimmer uses his defenders to deduce that he will use Mazi as a 1-tech. Quinn's system calls for speed and quickness, a lot of movement. I think he envisioned Mazi being able to do that at a lower weight.

Aven8

Reaction score
If we lose Hankins we’ll be forced to depend on Mazi. o_O
It’s Money Ball. They have no money so they are forcing the Coaches to play Mazi because we don’t have anyone else.

Creeper

Reaction score
Something tells me Hankins is not leaving Dallas. But I also believe Seattle will offer him more money than the Joneses. If they don;t get Hankins re-sign their run defense will be even worse than last year.

What free agent options are there? Javon Kinlaw? He's been something of a bust in SF. Maurice Hurst? Poona Ford?

This is what upsets me the most about this offseason so far. The #1 issue for Dallas is stopping the run and they had some great options for players to help with that and they are all gone now. So Hankins is basically the last option.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hankins has been a vet minimum guy for a few years now. Seattle is hoping that he jumps ship because he might lose his starting spot to a high draft pick in Mazi and new DC. He'll likely still get vet minimum with either team.