See you later Schultz

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Also, I see no reason Schultz would even have to go in favor of these two. Why not keep them all?

quickccc

Reaction score
Ferguson contributed in the blocking sense but i did not see anything (yet?) that has wowed me as a receiver in these 3 games from him.

Looks like Henderson is more fluid and quicker than Jake F as a receiver, but he obviously needs more work on his in-line blocking.
The false start look more like typical rookie nerves for his bigger playing role.

JBS

Reaction score
Agreed. Bone headed play on the last 3rd down but the pros outweighed the cons

ehh not really- he went for the first down to end the game. It didn’t work. Not necessarily a stupid play. It was a risky play that didn’t work out.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Both Ferguson and Hendershott are both better than Schultz more complete and they can block. Yes good bye next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jake Ferguson was great tonight, even like what I saw from Hendershot. No need to waste cap on Schultz.

Jake Ferguson only had 2 catches for 13 yards. He has yet to prove that he’s a better pass receiving TE than Dalton Schultz. Whoever we have at QB needs a security blanket at TE. You can’t have a solid offense without a good receiving TE. Hendershot did more in the passing game then Ferguson did last night. Granted both have blocked well but you still need a solid receiving TE. The Cowboys offense is never going to get on track if we don’t improve the passing game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Also, I see no reason Schultz would even have to go in favor of these two. Why not keep them all?

Schultz wants paid and I don't see them tagging him again for more money. Drafting Ferguson and keeping Hendershot suggests they're going to move on next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You claimed the rookies both block better than Schultz. So which one threw Von Mi
ller to the ground. Schultz certainly did. And since last night there was a very small sample size to make the determination these two block better than Schultz, I thought perhaps you might enlighten us all with a premiere pass rusher being thwarted by one or both of these players.

I'm not claiming Schultz is a great blocker. I'm just saying if we are to use such a small sample size, it cuts both ways.

Just putting in my two cents that even in their first few games they appear to be better blockers than Shultz. Im a big shultz fan. But there is denying his blocking was lacking the first few years. I know he said he tried to get stronger this offseason.

As far as the Von Miller thing I still have no idea what your talking about. Young guys havent even played Buffalo yet. And needless to say, one block doesnt mean diddly in a 3 year career.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Schultz wants paid and I don't see them tagging him again for more money. Drafting Ferguson and keeping Hendershot suggests they're going to move on next year.

He's a fourth round pick that can be here for 4 seasons. Hendershot is an undrafted guy - it's not as though we have a Grownkowski talent here. All three of these guys can be kept - two of them for cheap.

The entire thing here is if Schultz is worth it - I'm not saying he is, but it will not be due to the guys behind him.