Seems Like Most Analyst Picking Bears... I Am Getting Worried Now

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have been going to alot of sports site on the net and listening to sports radio on and off today and it seems almost everybody is picking the Bears.

I was feeling pretty confident after dominating Miami, but now I am kinda getting worried that everybody thinks we are going to lose.

I just pray freaking Grossman does not light us up, that would be freaking embarrassing. I think we can handle Benson, never really considered him that great of a back. Jones was 10x better, easily.

And one last piece of advise for Wade.....DO NOT KICK TO HESTER!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1658718 said:
I have been going to alot of sports site on the net and listening to sports radio on and off today and it seems almost everybody is picking the Bears.

I was feeling pretty confident after dominating Miami, but now I am kinda getting worried that everybody thinks we are going to lose.

I just pray freaking Grossman does not light us up, that would be freaking embarrassing. I think we can handle Benson, never really considered him that great of a back. Jones was 10x better, easily.

you mean a superbowl team from last year isn't supposed to be able to beat a team who didn't even make the playoffs a year before?

the world went agosh with surprise.

not everyone sees the cowboys from a cowboy fans eyes.

pgreptom

Reaction score
If we get beat - we get beat. Atleast you know we're not the "real deal" - if we beat them, though - we are the class of the NFC.. until we're proven wrong.

It's exciting.. I'm not scared, I'm excited. The woman is scared.. because if we lose, well.. I won't go there. But I'm definitely not scared.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score

You mean like when *everyone* picked the Eagles to beat the Packers and Skins? You mean when like *everyone* picked the Saints to beat the Bears in the NFCCG?:confused:

jbsg02

Reaction score
I think experts see this as a pretty even matchup but give the nod to the Bears cause they have home field.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
wastedfluid;1658725 said:
If we get beat - we get beat. Atleast you know we're not the "real deal" - if we beat them, though - we are the class of the NFC.. until we're proven wrong.

It's exciting.. I'm not scared, I'm excited. The woman is scared.. because if we lose, well.. I won't go there. But I'm definitely not scared.
Ehh...if it's a close game and we get beat, it doesn't mean we're not the "real deal."

CaptainQuint

Reaction score

Solution:
1. Do NOT go to sports sites on the net
2. STOP listening to sports radio

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

If worst comes to worst... we have to match them score for score... we can do that

Undisputed

Reaction score
I am really only "worried" about divisional games. They mean a whole lot and it seems like record means absolutely nothing. How many "NFC East miracles" have we seen the last few years? Bleh!

But this game? I haven't been this excited for a match-up since we played the Saints (*gulp*). Even if I wasn't a Boys fan, I would be interested to see the classic Offensive vs. Defensive struggle. Sometimes good defenses make good offenses look silly. Sometimes good offensives expose the hell out of good defenses. Sometimes they just plain even out.

But damnit, this match-up should have happened in the playoffs last year and I want a piece of the Bears NOW. As far as I am concerned, Chicago is just another stop on the Tony Romo "unfinished business" express.
:starspin

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what these "experts" say doesn't matter. check back 2morrow for the "magic 8 ball prediction thread" that's what really matters

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
This is the kind of day that I am hoping Rex Grossman enjoys. If the Cowboys shut down Benson and can put just a bit of pressure on this guy- he will give us some turnovers. What we do then is convert them to points.

Same game plan for both teams I think so all things being equal- I take Romo over Grossman.

Speaking of Grossman, and what I am wishing for him...

::::snicker, snicker:::: :laugh1:

http://cache.********.com/assets/resources/2007/01/downgoesrex.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
iceberg;1658723 said:
you mean a superbowl team from last year isn't supposed to be able to beat a team who didn't even make the playoffs a year before?

I get your point, however you really cant judge how good or bad a team will be just based off how they did the previous year.

Just look at last year's playoff group. Of the 12 playoff teams, I think half of them are 0-2 right now. Whereas of the 2-0 teams, this is like the first time since the 90s for half of them as well (Houston, Dallas, Detroit, San Franscisco, Green Bay, ect...)

If I told you before the season started that one team would be undefeated and one team would be winless after two weeks, and the two teams are the Saints and the Lions.............how many would have actually picked the Lions to be 2-0?

Maybe 1%.

Reaction score
JoeCorrado;1658763 said:
This is the kind of day that I am hoping Rex Grossman enjoys. If the Cowboys shut down Benson and can put just a bit of pressure on this guy- he will give us some turnovers. What we do then is convert them to points.

Same game plan for both teams I think so all things being equal- I take Romo over Grossman.

^^^^^^Talk about a Packer "Bearing" down...:lmao2:

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1658788 said:
I get your point, however you really cant judge how good or bad a team will be just based off how they did the previous year.

Just look at last year's playoff group. Of the 12 playoff teams, I think half of them are 0-2 right now. Whereas of the 2-0 teams, this is like the first time since the 90s for half of them as well (Houston, Dallas, Detroit, San Franscisco, Green Bay, ect...)

If I told you before the season started that one team would be undefeated and one team would be winless after two weeks, and the two teams are the Saints and the Lions.............how many would have actually picked the Lions to be 2-0?

Maybe 1%.

Their HC, Rod Marrinelli, was a Dungy assistant-with all the talk about how Walsh's assistants have been by and large successful, the Dungy tree has been just as successful, but have been flying under the radar(i.e. Lovie, Thomlin, etc).

Looks like the Lions have finally bought into Rod's system-not that they're going to the NFC Title game this year, but they should be good for 10 wins nonetheless.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
iceberg;1658723 said:

I thought we made the playoffs, I must have dreamed that entire fumbled snap at the end of the game bit.

MONT17

Reaction score

Did u see the Phins game?

Trailing late in the 3rd quarter is domination? in what sport?

sago1

Reaction score
Those so-called analysts are a long way from being right. I do recall that most picked us to beat the Saints at home. Unfortunately, we all recall what happened. This game is our revenge for not beating Seattle and our revenge for not playing well against the Saints who are now 0-2.

And as for trailing late in the 3rd quarter, will we had the weapons to overcome anything to win. Does anybody believe the Bears can fall behind and the great Train Rex can bring them back -- in sunny Miami. Ha. And of by the way, the Colts won 20-22 -- that's domination. Ha.

tunahelper

Reaction score
JoeCorrado;1658763 said:

As the old guy says in the Directv commercial, "Take it like man"!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The spread is 3 and we are on the road - that is called RESPECT.