Seems Like Most Analyst Picking Bears... I Am Getting Worried Now

yrades

Reaction score
Good teams are supposed to be favored when they play at home.
If we were playing at home we would be favored. This should be
a good game. Enjoy it.

lspain1

Reaction score
If our defense shows up. If we can get Grossman to start pressing. If our OL has a good day.....If all these things happen we WILL win the game.

The Cowboys are a much better team on offense than the Bears....The question is whether the Cowboys defense can do well enough to stop the Bears. The pressure is on Grossman (and the Bears) much more than the Cowboys (the Cowboys aren't expected to win) and the Bears have more to prove right now.

Our defense needs to bring out Bad Rex...or is it Bad Wrecks? :p:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We may just start the Brian Greise (SP?) reign in Chicago.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Probably the same folks that picked the Bengals to beat Cleveland and the Saints to beat the Bucs. Picking games and picking nose can be very similar. It doesn't take too much to be considered and "expert" and very little second guessing when things go wrong.

Wood

Reaction score
I think its arrogant to think Dallas will win this game because they are better. Chicago is the reigning Divisional champs.....Dallas hasn't wont a playoff game since Bill Clinton was elected president (1996 for the politically handicapped). Like everyone....I will be rooting for a win....but until proven otherwise....Chicago is the best team in the NFC.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Sarge;1658847 said:
The spread is 3 and we are on the road - that is called RESPECT.

I really think that's the key reason here. These are two of the top teams in the NFC and it's too early in the season to get a great read on either one so they're just picking the home team.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1658812 said:
I thought we made the playoffs, I must have dreamed that entire fumbled snap at the end of the game bit.

my total bad.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
It's going to be a close game, until the second half at least. GO COWBOYS!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1658788 said:
I get your point, however you really cant judge how good or bad a team will be just based off how they did the previous year.

Just look at last year's playoff group. Of the 12 playoff teams, I think half of them are 0-2 right now. Whereas of the 2-0 teams, this is like the first time since the 90s for half of them as well (Houston, Dallas, Detroit, San Franscisco, Green Bay, ect...)

If I told you before the season started that one team would be undefeated and one team would be winless after two weeks, and the two teams are the Saints and the Lions.............how many would have actually picked the Lions to be 2-0?

Maybe 1%.
:starspin

well i was wrong in my quote, we did make the playoffs. just not won in a decade but that's different, so my bad there.

but my point is we've not *won* a playoff game in quite some time and we only show up every now and then.

"the media" will pick a superbowl team over us and with good reason. we've still got some things to prove. that's all.

ain't no mystery, surprise or conspiracy. : )

zeromaster

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1658718 said:
I have been going to alot of sports site on the net and listening to sports radio on and off today and it seems almost everybody is picking the Bears.

I was feeling pretty confident after dominating Miami, but now I am kinda getting worried that everybody thinks we are going to lose.

I just pray freaking Grossman does not light us up, that would be freaking embarrassing. I think we can handle Benson, never really considered him that great of a back. Jones was 10x better, easily.

And one last piece of advise for Wade.....DO NOT KICK TO HESTER!!!
Why worry about what the talking heads say unless you just want to follow the crowd? I think Dallas will win, that's enough for me. It doesn't have to be stylish, just play solid and take advantage of the opportunities when they arise.

24-13.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Look, we are going to lose some games this year. We aren't going to go 16-0 no matter how much our fans want to do so. We will lose, but from my perspective, the important part is to win the games we should win, and play competitive in the tough games. And if we lose to tough teams--especially when we play at their stadium--its not necessarily a major concern.

But looking at the schedule in preseason, this is definitely one of those games that was circled as a likely loss. Week 6 vs New England is another potential loss.

I want to 6-0 in NFCE play. If we lose a couple non-divison games, I'm not going to be angry. Chicago is a good team. And playing them at home is something that is hard for anyone. Losing it is not embarassing. Winning it is impressive, though.

bags

Reaction score
I'm not really expecting a win if our defense continues to play the way it has. Some dolphins receivers were way too open last week, but Trent Green had a horrible game. Hopefully we can manage to confuse Rex, but the fact of the matter is that Rex is pretty good at throwing the deep ball, and we're not too great at defending it.

One thing that does give me hope is the way we've played in the second half of the 2 games we've played. It's like we go in at half time, and make adjustments :eek::eek::eek:.

ad·just·ment (ə-jŭst'mənt)
n.

1. The act of adjusting or the state of being adjusted.
  2. A means of adjusting.
  3. Settlement of a debt or claim.
  4. Something the Dallas Cowboys have not done the last 4 years.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The game is too close to call... Experts will give the benefit to Chicago because its early in a new season and you can't (or shouldn't) conclude a team is "championship" yet, they are NFC champs, and its at their house. So that gives them better odds.

After running 10,000 simulations Accuscore predicts the bears will score 0.3 points more than us. This is an average of the scores. They give us a 48% chance of winning. Accuscore also predicts that theres a 49% chance we will get a huge victory if we win, and a 65% chance we will either win or lose by 3 points. Accuscore also says the game hinges on Hester and Berrian. Sounds pretty smart for a robot.

Experts don't know any more than most of us here. I'm 22-10 for the season, my pick goes to the Cowboys if that helps you feel better.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I asked a friend of mine, who is a Bears fan, if he would care to make a wager on the game. He said, "Only if I can take Dallas to win."

:bow:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I have my doubts about this game, but as long as the Cowboys can put up a good showing, I think things will be ok.

The NFC isn't exactly filled with powerhouses, so this could be a matchup that's revisited should the Cowboys make the post-season.

pgreptom

Reaction score
theogt;1658746 said:
Ehh...if it's a close game and we get beat, it doesn't mean we're not the "real deal."

Football to me is like racing.

If you lose - you lose. By a 1/10 of a second, or by 1 point. You lose - you lose, period. If we lose to Chicago, we are not the premiere team in the NFC. Period.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I'd actually be annoyed if we weren't picked to lose. It would only give Chicago even more motivation.

Also, I don't see this as a game that makes or breaks us, ie. shows whether we're the real deal. It's a given that they're going to lose some games, and losing on the road to the defending NFC Champions wouldn't exactly be an embarrasment. And if they beat Chicago, but then lose to St. Louis (STL actually scares me more, btw, because of their offense), nobody will care that they just beat Chicago.

All that matters is the final record at the end of the year and how they do in the playoffs.