Seems to be that a lot of people want to retain Garrett. state your case

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not advocating to keep him, but if we are playing devils advocate you could make the argument that the real issue is Jerry's country club culture, or if you really believe this roster was overrated coming into the season you could justify garrett as a head coach.

I mean after all this team is 8-8, and not 3-13. If the roster really is mediocre (I dont think it is) then he did an ok job overall.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some people fall in love with Garrett because he's a nice guy.. LMAO...Mother Teresa was a great nice lady BUT!!!! I wouldn't want her coaching the Cowboys:facepalm: Jerry is acting like he's firing his mother or a close lover...stay tuned...This is comical as hell. What GM cries over firing a mediocre coach but Jones. This guy has made the Dallas Cowboys the laughing stock of the NFL. Screw Jones!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't disagree with the Op, from what i'm reading i would say there is still a 25% chance he stays

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
At this point it feels like even those who don't lay the blame for the Cowboys' woes at Garrett's feet still have to concede that this team needs a fresh start.

Garrett has been a carrot since the days of Romo. What has changed? He went 8 and 8 many times with Romo and he's doing it with Dak now. Open the doors and let Garrett ride off into the sunset. The sunset on Mars....

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Kind of feel that if I make something sympathetic to Garrett that I’ll end up with my bank account drained, my fescue poisoned, black helicopters circling my house and suits ushering me away to parts unknown in unmarked Surburbans.

pansophy

Reaction score
It’s been a long time so it’s probably time for a change regardless. But people should remember the party that was thrown when Zimmer was kicked to the curb and now people are floating the idea that we get him back. Also notice Wade has a ring since he left along with Ware.

It’s our roster philosophy that is really the problem, and so unless Jerry changes who cares who the coach is.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
It’s been a long time so it’s probably time for a change regardless. But people should remember the party that was thrown when Zimmer was kicked to the curb and now people are floating the idea that we get him back. Also notice Wade has a ring since he left along with Ware.

It’s our roster philosophy that is really the problem, and so unless Jerry changes who cares who the coach is.

For the record... I was ALWAYS against Zimmer and Sean Payton being let go...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All I know is that if I don’t see his(Garrett) name in the media being considered for other head coaching jobs over the next two days......then I might just have to start preparing for a Garrett extension.

If Jerry is indeed moving on, then he should let Jason know tonight or in the morning so he can get his hat in the ring.

It will speak volumes if Garrett is never mentioned interviewing elsewhere, especially by Wednesday. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst........

Zman5

Reaction score
I want us to retain JG because I like to watch a good comedy every Sunday. I just love the guy.

I also enjoy smashing my head with a hammer time to time. Yeh that's how I roll baby.

trickblue

Reaction score
I want us to retain JG because I like to watch a good comedy every Sunday. I just love the guy.

I also enjoy smashing my head with a hammer time to time. Yeh that's how I roll baby.

My hammer, in the end, lost to my head...

Skillit

Reaction score
Does Red need to go: yes
Will anything really change: depending on the coach, but if I had to bet, I’d say: No.

Jerry is the problem, Garrett is a symptom.

trickblue

Reaction score
Does Red need to go: yes
Will anything really change: depending on the coach, but if I had to bet, I’d say: No.

Jerry is the problem, Garrett is a symptom.

Jerry is a problem... but so is Red...