Selling all my season tickets for profit this year

Blitzen

Reaction score
The only one delusional is the one who can’t see the positive steps in the last 4 or so years. That’s when Stephen took over and positive signs are everywhere including the team improving. I’m not dumb enough to predict the future based on just the last 20 some odd years.

I can agree the OP is melodramatic but the pathway has enough mixed bag results to get mixed bag reactions and disposition.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I can agree the OP is melodramatic but the pathway has enough mixed bag results to get mixed bag reactions and disposition.
I totally understand that there’s posters here that are just ignorant and hence the melodramatic unfounded reactions.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I totally understand that there’s posters here that are just ignorant and hence the melodramatic unfounded reactions.

There is plenty of evidence of the Cowboys front office being gun shy in the past several years with regards to high priced free agents. The team must typically overpay and it is wise to largely avoid the first week. It can help supplement your draft additions, and sometimes a key addition is expensive.

The Patriots let Malcolm Butler go in 2017 and made an even more expensive acquisition in Stephon Gilmore. It is a mixed bag, and there is plenty of evidence of poor decisions from the FO. And yes, evidence of positive decisions from the front office. I don't think you mind ignorance-you just don't like negative attitude and outlook .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There is plenty of evidence of the Cowboys front office being gun shy in the past several years with regards to high priced free agents. The team must typically overpay and it is wise to largely avoid the first week. It can help supplement your draft additions, and sometimes a key addition is expensive.

The Patriots let Malcolm Butler go in 2017 and made an even more expensive acquisition in Stephon Gilmore. It is a mixed bag, and there is plenty of evidence of poor decisions from the FO. And yes, evidence of positive decisions from the front office. I don't think you mind ignorance-you just don't like negative attitude and outlook .
Your last sentence is 100% correct. I’m not stupid enough to think that Jerry has made some bad personnel moves in the past. It’s obvious. The record shows it. But since Stephen has taken over the organization has turned around and now it’s on the upward trend. I do believe signing our own and building via the draft is the way to go. So I applaud them not overspending in the first few days of FA. Concentrate on keeping our own and building through the draft and staying young is the way to go.

MeAgain

Reaction score
Who was the last major free agent the Cowboys brought in?

Was it Terrell Owens? Over a decade ago?

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

At least I'll make money, too.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

This is going to be a long, boring season. Not a stitch of excitement about it.
GET IN CONTACT WITH ME IF YOU SO DECIDE. I WOULD LOVE TICKETS FOR AT LEAST ONE GAME.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

Yeah coming off the playoffs with a win over Seattle nothing to see here. lol Enjoy

JustChip

Reaction score
This thread highlights what making big name splashes in FA is really about - energizing a fanbase in March. Splashy FA signings may put a team over the top, but don't more often than not. Many point to the LAR to support big name FA signings, but them getting to the SB had much less to do with what they did last off-season than a number of other factors. They beat the Cowboys based on coaching and their offensive line (none of which were big name FAs or high draft picks for that matter). They beat the Saints because of a blown call.

I'm not arguing against using FA - it can be a valuable tool. Just the notion that we have no hope because we didn't sign this player or that player, or spend big money in FA. To those that are all adither because we didn't sign ET and because of that we're doomed this season, ponder this - what if they signed ET and he suffered a season ending injury in OTAs like Sean Lee did? Would our season be over then and you'd toss in the towel on the season at that point?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't look now, but the Cowboys seem to be getting quite involved now with free agency. Now that the mad money is finished.

erod

Reaction score
This thread highlights what making big name splashes in FA is really about - energizing a fanbase in March. Splashy FA signings may put a team over the top, but don't more often than not. Many point to the LAR to support big name FA signings, but them getting to the SB had much less to do with what they did last off-season than a number of other factors. They beat the Cowboys based on coaching and their offensive line (none of which were big name FAs or high draft picks for that matter). They beat the Saints because of a blown call.

I'm not arguing against using FA - it can be a valuable tool. Just the notion that we have no hope because we didn't sign this player or that player, or spend big money in FA. To those that are all adither because we didn't sign ET and because of that we're doomed this season, ponder this - what if they signed ET and he suffered a season ending injury in OTAs like Sean Lee did? Would our season be over then and you'd toss in the towel on the season at that point?

How did Charles Haley affect this franchise in 1992?

How did Deion affect his franchise in 1995?

How did Randy Moss affect New England a few years ago?

That's what Earl Thomas could have done here.

Instead, we're looking at another 30-year-old coming off an Achilles tear who has played only 3 games the past two seasons.

JustChip

Reaction score
How did Charles Haley affect this franchise in 1992?

How did Deion affect his franchise in 1995?

How did Randy Moss affect New England a few years ago?

That's what Earl Thomas could have done here.

Instead, we're looking at another 30-year-old coming off an Achilles tear who has played only 3 games the past two seasons.

No doubt Charles, Deion and Randy made their teams better. And ET would make this team better. But the point is it's a significant leap to say that had those players not been signed (or traded for in the case of Haley), all hope for those teams (and this team in the case of not signing ET) would be lost.

Personally, I believe the Cowboys would've had the same result in '92 had they not traded for Haley. They had gone sequentially 1-15, 7-9 and 11-5 in the prior three years. And in the case of Deion, the biggest factor IMO wasn't adding Deion to the Cowboys, but deleting him from the 49ers. The Cowboys were the same 12-4 in '94 and '95 with and without Deion, respectively, and 10-6 in '96 with Deion.

So, had they signed ET all would be sunshine and daffodils? Unless, of course, he had a season ending injury in OTAs or training camp, in which case there would be no reason to watch the team, right?

I'm not criticizing you or any season ticket holder for selling your tickets. You paid money for them and it's your right to do whatever you want with them, including selling them to an opposing team's fans. It's just the ridiculous notion that the season is lost in March because ET or any other player wasn't signed in FA. That just supports my assertion that the primary value of big name FA signings is energizing a fanbase.

erod

Reaction score
No doubt Charles, Deion and Randy made their teams better. And ET would make this team better. But the point is it's a significant leap to say that had those players not been signed (or traded for in the case of Haley), all hope for those teams (and this team in the case of not signing ET) would be lost.

Personally, I believe the Cowboys would've had the same result in '92 had they not traded for Haley. They had gone sequentially 1-15, 7-9 and 11-5 in the prior three years. And in the case of Deion, the biggest factor IMO wasn't adding Deion to the Cowboys, but deleting him from the 49ers. The Cowboys were the same 12-4 in '94 and '95 with and without Deion, respectively, and 10-6 in '96 with Deion.

So, had they signed ET all would be sunshine and daffodils? Unless, of course, he had a season ending injury in OTAs or training camp, in which case there would be no reason to watch the team, right?

I'm not criticizing you or any season ticket holder for selling your tickets. You paid money for them and it's your right to do whatever you want with them, including selling them to an opposing team's fans. It's just the ridiculous notion that the season is lost in March because ET or any other player wasn't signed in FA. That just supports my assertion that the primary value of big name FA signings is energizing a fanbase.
Troy and Michael said Charles changed everything. The entire pass rush, the defensive backfield, and the way teams had to play Dallas. Completely.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

So I'll do the same.

Exactly why I wouldn’t commit to the PSL. You can’t just walk away like we did in 2008.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They have no interest in being a legitimate football operation that makes decisions based on smart football maneuvers.

They are a fantasy football family only interested in winning as long as they get to play "football people" in the process.

Otherwise, it's about boats and cameras and celebrity and headlines for the sake of headlines.

Run ultimately by a drunken, womanizing hillbilly and a son who's trying to get dibs on the family fortune purse strings.

It's embarrassing.
Too bad it’s taken you so long to see the light. We’ve been embarrassing for most of this era.

It’s actually amazing we can field a competitive team at all. The rest of the league should be ashamed. Because they are actually trying.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll root, too. I'll just be doing so from home with thousands more in my account. Lol
It was one of the most frustrating decisions of my life giving up attending the games for most of 4 decades.

I missed the intensity and camaraderie that comes with it. But I was not going to place myself in a position where I couldn’t walk on my own terms.

It hasn’t been as bad as I thought. Plus with some of my health issues in recent years I wouldn’t have been able to attend them all anyway and probably would have needed to give them up.

I have a sports cave now with 5 TV’s where I can watch up to 5 different games at once with 3 of them on Direct TV and the other 2 on Free TV.

It’s really very enjoyable. Like a sports bar at home. And can still attend a game if really want to which I have 3 in last 10 years including Lion playoff game.

I still attend several college and high school games. It is what it is. I don’t regret my decision . I’m glad I stuck to my guns. And I still watch all of the games. It’s really helped detaching myself emotionally. I was pretty worked up back in 2008 and 2009 and when I initially joined these forums to vent my frustrations.