Senior Bowl Game Thread

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you are looking for a Cam Newton clone it's Paxton Lynch IMHO. Really long arms and muscular but not really beefy or QB thick through the middle.
Cam dramatically improved his passing accuracy as a pro.
If Lynch can do the same he will be a monster.
But he has the Cam toolkit with size and speed and arm strength.
Question is can he become accurate and can he make decisions quickly enough.
The bigger the body, the harder to get it going quickly.
Finding those quick twitch big dudes is what scouts live for. Like finding unicorns.

Cardale Jones is just hard to figure. He's probably 6'4" and 260. He is a truly thick dude and has power running but showed no real elusiveness at all.
Has a strong arm but accuracy a big question mark as is the ability to process quickly.
Age 23 and has just played very little football because OSU was loaded at QB.
It will be interesting to see Cardale Jones actual combine results in both the height/weight area and his agility/speed numbers.
He looked far less athletic this year than last.
If he tests well some team will definitely take a chance on developing him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
still resembles him a whole helluva lot more than Dak Prescott does....and by far....

I didn't say resembles.....you are hung up on his height......I said reminds me of and I am not alone.....do a quick google search and it is a common thought.....he is well put together......runs like a RB and is hard to tackle....but he also has a strong arm and can make plays downfield.....Cardale reminds me more of Jamarcus Russell....all the talent in the world but his mind just isn't into it...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If you are looking for a Cam Newton clone it's Paxton Lynch IMHO. Really long arms and muscular but not really beefy or QB thick through the middle.
Cam dramatically improved his passing accuracy as a pro.
If Lynch can do the same he will be a monster.
But he has the Cam toolkit with size and speed and arm strength.
Question is can he become accurate and can he make decisions quickly enough.
The bigger the body, the harder to get it going quickly.
Finding those quick twitch big dudes is what scouts live for. Like finding unicorns.

Cardale Jones is just hard to figure. He's probably 6'4" and 260. He is a truly thick dude and has power running but showed no real elusiveness at all.
Has a strong arm but accuracy a big question mark as is the ability to process quickly.
Age 23 and has just played very little football because OSU was loaded at QB.
It will be interesting to see Cardale Jones actual combine results in both the height/weight area and his agility/speed numbers.
He looked far less athletic this year than last.
If he tests well some team will definitely take a chance on developing him.

I can understand why Jones' physical tools would be intriguing. Someone is going to take a chance. I wouldn't scream bloody murder if it were the Cowboys, but not before the sixth. He is just too inconsistent and too big of a question mark.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
so who won the game?

And in typical Cowboy fashion....the North got crushed. 27-16.

And the score really doesn't tell the whole story. The North scored on a late hail mary....It was interesting watching other players run our offense. I'm really starting to suspect....it's our scheme that's the problem. We never take shots down the field...or stretch a D vertically.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I didn't say resembles.....you are hung up on his height......I said reminds me of and I am not alone.....do a quick google search and it is a common thought.....he is well put together......runs like a RB and is hard to tackle....but he also has a strong arm and can make plays downfield.....Cardale reminds me more of Jamarcus Russell....all the talent in the world but his mind just isn't into it...

IF Cardale can slim down and really take to being coached up, he can be a Cam clone......Dak is more like Russell Wilson, which obviously isnt a bad thing.....

jnday

Reaction score
IF Cardale can slim down and really take to being coached up, he can be a Cam clone......Dak is more like Russell Wilson, which obviously isnt a bad thing.....

Dak doesn't have the athletic ability or accuracy like Wilson. He is a very good college QB, but Hesiod bsà career, backup at best in the pros.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

I'm thinking Jamarcus Russell...and will be out of the league in 3 years....