Senior bowl game thread

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I watched Mountain West games with Allen this year. He can make any throw, you just might not have anyone catch it.

Highly overrated. Paxton Lynch redux. He'll still go high because of the QB premium, but I wouldn't take him even over Mayfield.

I keep thinking Mayfield is going to get drafted by the Jets.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just a general comment/observation, and please forgive me if this has already gotten batted-around somewhere else... is there some reason why the early entries shouldn't be allowed to participate in this game? I don't really get the purpose of excluding them since they've already made a decision they can't rescind.

Then, too, as someone who loathes this little period between the end of football season and the start of baseball spring training... sign me up for the expansion of this whole thing... give me 4 teams broadly connected with the West, Midwest, Northeast and Southeast regions... every team plays every other team round robin over the course of 3 Saturdays... beginning with this one, then another in 2 weeks (skipping Super Bowl weekend), and the third in 3 weeks.

Benefit: More extensive action means more familiarity with teammates, and better basis for evaluation; more teams means more draft-worthy players getting more opportunity to show what they can do. And for draft nuts like me, all of that is just red meat.

(Aside: Fwiw, just want to compliment the apparent decision to allow this thread to live on this forum... maybe just me, but I'm one of those who hate having to surf different forums.)

WhizKid

Reaction score
Gallup immediately beat his guy there. The protection is much better on South's side. thar or the dline is better. North having trouble with time in the pocket.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just a general comment/observation, and please forgive me if this has already gotten batted-around somewhere else... is there some reason why the early entries shouldn't be allowed to participate in this game? I don't really get the purpose of excluding them since they've already made a decision they can't rescind.

Then, too, as someone who loathes this little period between the end of football season and the start of baseball spring training... sign me up for the expansion of this whole thing... give me 4 teams broadly connected with the West, Midwest, Northeast and Southeast regions... every team plays every other team round robin over the course of 3 Saturdays... beginning with this one, then another in 2 weeks (skipping Super Bowl weekend), and the third in 3 weeks.

Benefit: More extensive action means more familiarity with teammates, and better basis for evaluation; more teams means more draft-worthy players getting more opportunity to show what they can do. And for draft nuts like me, all of that is just red meat.

(Aside: Fwiw, just want to compliment the apparent decision to allow this thread to live on this forum... maybe me, but I'm one of those who hate having to surf different forums.)
The rule is seniors or those that have credit to graduate. That is why Allen is playing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Much better arm than Gabbert. That is why people are losing their minds about him. He makes some eye popping throws, but he is not a great passer. He is a thrower.

Gabbert has got a better arm than most think....maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Still Josh Allen is such a tease. Seen him a number of times him being from the Mt. West.