Senior Bowl Practices: Who helped themselves?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]iZ5IVQClduA[/youtube]
-------------------------

Odrick, McCluster and Wilson.

Would love all three, but if the Cowboys can come up with one of them I would be happy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3260475 said:
Mccluster mccluster mccluster Make it happen Jerry
The Cowboys have never showed much interest in midget wrs, the ones in recent memory they have were both 4th round picks and neither panned out.

Eskimo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3260533 said:
I really like Chris Cook....

He looked very impressive in the clips they showed.

The other guy who looked impressive was Dan Williams - 330 lbs DT from Tennessee, I think. He looked to have lots of strength and quickness.

People keep saying Rat is okay at NT but I think we are overusing him the same way that we overused Barber. The FO needs to bring in a guy to get Ratliff some plays off. The same goes for OLB and Ware/Spencer. It sounds like the staff really liked BWill before he got injured and Butler flashed a bit in his rookie year.

I also like that kid Daryl Washington - could he be the everydown ILB we have been looking for who can stuff the run, play great coverage and rush the QB?

Anyhow, should be an interesting game.

Reaction score
Eskimo;3260539 said:
He looked very impressive in the clips they showed.

The other guy who looked impressive was Dan Williams - 330 lbs DT from Tennessee, I think. He looked to have lots of strength and quickness.

People keep saying Rat is okay at NT but I think we are overusing him the same way that we overused Barber. The FO needs to bring in a guy to get Ratliff some plays off. The same goes for OLB and Ware/Spencer. It sounds like the staff really liked BWill before he got injured and Butler flashed a bit in his rookie year.

I also like that kid Daryl Washington - could he be the everydown ILB we have been looking for who can stuff the run, play great coverage and rush the QB?

Anyhow, should be an interesting game.

I love that kid, I think he's going to be a good one...

CoolNClutch

Reaction score
Anyone but Taylor Mays. If we draft him then :banghead:

Who cares how fast he runs and how big he is, he's been exposed all week. I shouldn't even call it "exposed" because he's always had some weaknesses. This was his week to prove critics wrong and he flopped.

Dan Williams is definitely going in the 1st round now. He's the best 3-4 nose tackle prospect IMO and I can see him going in the 10-20 range. Teams always love those Tennessee defensive tackles.

Perrish Cox has also held his own, he's gonna be a steal.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
So does anyone know if it will be streamed anywhere? Im still in the dark when it comes to the NFL network

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3260488 said:
The Cowboys have never showed much interest in midget wrs, the ones in recent memory they have were both 4th round picks and neither panned out.

Maybe we need to change that. :)

But we supposedly liked Eddie Royal, and he's not very big. Maybe not a "midget", but a smaller WR.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really like George Selvie and he has jumped off the screen everytime I have watched a USF game.

To bad we wont be looking for OLB's early on.

Eskimo

Reaction score
A midget speedster would be okay - with the strict enforcement of pass interference rules they are difficult to defend and ironically seem to release from the line much better than most larger WRs.

We need someone who can get into routes quickly and give us a deep threat to keep some of the pressure off Miles.

I'd still prefer to keep the first rounder for a great OL if one drops to us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eskimo;3260764 said:
A midget speedster would be okay - with the strict enforcement of pass interference rules they are difficult to defend and ironically seem to release from the line much better than most larger WRs.

We need someone who can get into routes quickly and give us a deep threat to keep some of the pressure off Miles.

I'd still prefer to keep the first rounder for a great OL if one drops to us.

Jordan Shipley baby. The guy would be excellent value for us.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3260742 said:
Maybe we need to change that. :)

But we supposedly liked Eddie Royal, and he's not very big. Maybe not a "midget", but a smaller WR.
I think their cutoff might just be 5-10 180 on cbs and wrs. Royal just made that. McCluster is 5-8 165, he's deficient at both height and weight.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Joique Bell ..... with MB3s' current status, this Wayne State product would be a nice replacement in the 4th.
Keep an eye out for this kid today, you will like what you see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3260783 said:
The big question - will he be there at 59?

Yeah I know.

The spread has became such a big part of offenses that your 3rd receiver has become really important.

I really hope we can get him. He is just destined for greatness as a 3rd receiver and return man.

He can hold field goals too.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Barber was NOT over used. He never even averaged 20 carries a game. Its his style that wore him down. He shared carries virtually his entire career. He has never really had to shoulder the load all by himself for long at all. He was told early on that his love for hitting would shorten his career and he chose not to listen. And its becoming clear that he is going downhill.

Eskimo

Reaction score
burmafrd;3260903 said:
Barber was NOT over used. He never even averaged 20 carries a game. Its his style that wore him down. He shared carries virtually his entire career. He has never really had to shoulder the load all by himself for long at all. He was told early on that his love for hitting would shorten his career and he chose not to listen. And its becoming clear that he is going downhill.

He also had no injuries until we let Julius go after 2007.

At the start of 2008 Garrett wouldn't trust Choice or Felix so he barely played them at all and then Barber got hurt. Being overused doesn't even necessarily mean he was overused over the course of a whole year, sometimes being overused in one game can be enough to damage a player the rest of his career.

Hopefully Barber can be useful to us in a 5-10 carry role in the second half of games. I don't know if Jerry wants to foot the bill for it. If the cap comes back, he has to go because he is too expensive.

Purely from an ability POV, I think we should bring him back next year to play the "closer" role. Jerry has to just pay the man and Garrett has to be told the limits on how much he can play Barber.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3260785 said:
I think their cutoff might just be 5-10 180 on cbs and wrs. Royal just made that. McCluster is 5-8 165, he's deficient at both height and weight.

Jerry may not favor smallish WRs (though Kelvin Martin, Kevin Williams, Skyler Green say otherwise) but Wade is a definite believer in Darren Sproles-like players.