Senior Bowl Practices: Who helped themselves?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really DOUBT that one or two games can mess up your career unless you get badly injured. He never had more then 25 carries in any game, I believe. He is going downhill because he chose to keep hitting bigger and stronger players game after game and it wears a player down to do that. THere is NO one to blame for that except HIM.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BAT;3261089 said:
Jerry may not favor smallish WRs (though Kelvin Martin, Kevin Williams, Skyler Green say otherwise) but Wade is a definite believer in Darren Sproles-like players.

Yeah, I wonder if the desire for big WRs is a holdover from the Parcells era when he wanted bigger players at all positions.

We've drafted so few WRs the last several years, who really knows what we like. :eek::

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;3261104 said:
Yeah, I wonder if the desire for big WRs is a holdover from the Parcells era when he wanted bigger players at all positions.

We've drafted so few WRs the last several years, who really knows what we like. :eek::
I don't think so. I think this might go back to Jerry looking for the next Michael Irvin.

Eskimo

Reaction score
burmafrd;3261098 said:
I really DOUBT that one or two games can mess up your career unless you get badly injured. He never had more then 25 carries in any game, I believe. He is going downhill because he chose to keep hitting bigger and stronger players game after game and it wears a player down to do that. THere is NO one to blame for that except HIM.

It is not necessarily how many runs but also how much abuse you take as you mentioned.

Barber was fine until Garrett made the mistake of overplaying him and since then he has been a shell of his former self despite the absence of a truly huge injury (he did have a dislocated toe which held him out the last few games in 2008 but other than that, no huge ones).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3260783 said:
The big question - will he be there at 59?

Easily... the dude probably has grandkids and he has a injury history that would scare 50 cent.

I think Shipley goes in r3 or 4.

He's a one contract guy. 4 or 5 year NFL career.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell;3261175 said:
Easily... the dude probably has grandkids and he has a injury history that would scare 50 cent.

I think Shipley goes in r3 or 4.

He's a one contract guy. 4 or 5 year NFL career.
I'm no NFL scout, but if I felt that way about him, I'd tell the GM not to spend anything higher than a 5th on him.