Serious Poll- Of the canidates interviewed who do you prefer

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Jason Garrett

He is young, has a sharp mind, grew up in a coaching family and has been involved with Pro Football all of his life. He was almost a player coach as our third string QB and I have heard the same said about him and his days in NY. I think his experience is underestimated and we need someone with the fire and passion to get the team through a complete season and not fizzle out in December.

I have zero confidence in Wade Phillips and only marginally more than that in Norv Turner. Haley might have been a decent choice but with him signing with 'Zona he is pretty much off the market. Bowles may be a little too volitile with the run-ins he has had with our receivers he may not have the calm to handle the HC job. And Gibbs maybe...I just don't have a feel for him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1345416 said:
And I doubt Turner would be able to land a defensive coordinator as good as Phillips.
Easily my biggest issue with a Norv hire.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
MONT17;1345516 said:
I picked Norv... Because with Jerry running things it doesnt matter who the Coaches the team! BP supporters will tell u so...

Since I have been blessed to see my Favorite team win SUPER BOWLS and meet Jimmy Johnson days after he was fired!!! I'm done with the Hard Core fan stuff, I had a helva ride... we all did!

I just wanna see guys I can cheer for when I watch the games... and if Norv can make so we dont have to sign guys like Meyshawn, MeO and Marco Rivera he will be worth his weight in GOLD!!!

Dont get me wrong... I understand the Hard Core fan who wants nothing but the BEST for the Boys and may not think Norv is the right guy.

I say good luck I hope u get what you want!

lucky you. you're thoroughly sated and view more championships as sooo much excess.

well call me hardcore. call me greedy. but, jerry, above all else - call wade phillips.

"more please..." Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

rw54

Reaction score
I would go with Garrett - no retreads. Let him learn on the job and pick good coordinators loyal to him.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1345532 said:
lucky you. you're thoroughly sated and view more championships as sooo much excess.

well call me hardcore. call me greedy. but, jerry, above all else - call wade phillips.

"more please..." Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
Yes...by all means Jerry, Call Wade Phillips...and tell him not to quit his DC job in SD cause he ain't working here...Please

rw54;1345547 said:
I would go with Garrett - no retreads. Let him learn on the job and pick good coordinators loyal to him.

Here Here!!

Ratmatt

Reaction score
I would go with Phillips.He knows the 3-4 better than anyone,and they already have Garrett to run the offense.Plus with Norv here,Garrett won't get to call plays.Also,maybe Phillips can help bring Donnie Edwards here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wade would fit right in and bring our defense into line with how they should be performing on the field. He makes the most sense to me.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Garrett.

If he's the heir apparent lets get on with it.

This lets hire someone for only a couple years and then let Garrett have it seems weird to me.

We have a lame duck coach before he even starts.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I've never seen a poll more in need of a "None of the Above" option. ;)

I gotta go with Garrett, mainly because I think any coach is screwed no matter what he says in public, now that we know Garrett is Jerry's golden boy and future coach. And even with the inexperience, I'd rather try someone new instead of a retread. Very few retread coaches -- especially one on his third start after two failures -- turn around their careers. The league is full of once promising offensive and defensive coordinators from Super Bowl teams who never became the next great head coach.

FiniteMan!

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy;1345744 said:
I've never seen a poll more in need of a "None of the Above" option. ;)

Indeed. I felt like I was being asked which one of my eyeballs I wanted to stab out with a fork.

It is a two man race, and ultimately I voted for Phillips because I think at minimum your head coach should have a knack for winning more games than he loses, but like 50% of the people who voted for Bush, I want my vote back. I forgot that a vote for Phillips is a vote for the 3-4, and I don't want the terrorists to win.

FiniteMan!

Reaction score
I wish I could put up a poll that asks which football family's teams did a better job of putting together a list of candidates

the Joneses (Dallas)
Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Gary Gibbs, Todd Bowles, Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips

or the Bidwells (Arizona)
Norm Chow, Mike Sherman, Cam Cameron, Ken Whisenhunt, Clancy Pendergast, Ron Rivera, Jim Caldwell, Russ Grimm

Now there's a poll for you.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only way I would want Norv here, is if we can magically coax Phillips into coming here to be a DC (he'll be hired out as a HC in a year if he turns this D into a dominator)

Jerry would have to offer him a crap load of cash, but if you want the best defense, you have to do what you have to do.

odog422

Reaction score
Phillips is what makes the most sense. Our defense is what was broken. However, now that all of our offensive assistants are basically gone, I think we know which way this one is going.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Garrett because if they are just waiting two years to hire him they might as well do it now. It's stupid logic, but this is a stupid franchise.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
FiniteMan!;1345761 said:
I wish I could put up a poll that asks which football family's teams did a better job of putting together a list of candidates

the Joneses (Dallas)
Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Gary Gibbs, Todd Bowles, Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips

Norm Chow, Mike Sherman, Cam Cameron, Ken Whisenhunt, Clancy Pendergast, Ron Rivera, Jim Caldwell, Russ Grimm

Good God! That puts in perspective, doesn't it? THE BIDWELLS!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1345850 said:
Garrett because if they are just waiting two years to hire him they might as well do it now. It's stupid logic, but this is a stupid franchise.

:laugh2:

exactly, this polls is worthless though w/o a neither of the above option

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Phillips at least has a winning track record as a HC. I don't, however, like his Eyeore attitude....never have. I've always thought he lacked fire. I don't really have a problem per se with Turner....it's just thast he has never put together a decent staff when in Washington or Oakland and couldn't get the job done. Maybe he can change that...don't know, but he is sure highly regarded around the league....as an OC. But then again, Phillips hasn't been a HC candidate for quite some time either.

yesfan

Reaction score
I don't think if it were any other team Norv would
even be considered.What has he done to suggest
he should be the one.I voted for Wade,based upon
the fact he could set up the defense this team needs.

Hunter71

Reaction score
FiniteMan!;1345761 said:

the Joneses (Dallas)

Ugh...

I hate you for putting that type of perspective on this...

Two things are clearly happening here...

1) Jones is reaching back for the glory years of 10 years ago where they can all sit around and tell each other how great they were...

and

2) Jones has decided that the Puppet Regime is the way to go...Again...