Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

CWR

Reaction score
Dak has improved and what not but I think Romo was greater with less

The first few games last year he was, but our finish to the season absolutely not. Overall Dak has been better in the playoffs as well.

Mannix

Reaction score
NO.....Romo didn't lock into the receiver that was called up in the huddle....and he was MUCH more accurate.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would say no, BUT Tony’s prime was probably in year 10 of his career.

starfan1

Reaction score
Romo was much more accurate with the football and its not even close right now. If his accuracy gets better he will exceed Romo in Romo's prime because he's bigger and stronger and probably a better leader. Gosh I wish Romo would have had the receivers we had last year when he was in his prime.

Ya because TO and Bryant were so bad and the others
Cowboys 1,000-yard receivers, 2006-2014
Year Player Yards Player Yards
2006 Owens 1,180 Glenn 1,047
2007 Owens 1,355 Witten 1,145
2008 Owens 1,052 - - - -
2009 Austin 1,320 Witten 1,030
2010 Austin 1,041 Witten 1,002
2011 - - - - - - - -
2012 Bryant 1,382 Witten 1,039
2013 Bryant 1,233 - - - -
2014 Bryant 1,320 - - - -

erod

Reaction score
Imagine having to overcome 5 sacks, 14 hits, a dozen drive killing penalties and a clinically insane percentage of pressure rate in the 9ers game and STILL getting the blame for the loss even though he scored all the TDs and had half the rushing yards. Lol.
Dak is incredibly easy to defend, which allows defense to tee off without fear.

He lacks dynamics. He's robotic.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dakota is average at best! When Romo was the Cowboy's QB he went up against some pretty dam good teams week after week and held his own for the most part. Dakota would have been ROMO'S backup when Tony was slinging it around the yard!!!!!!!!!!!!

calicowboy54

Reaction score

Playmaking ability DAK < ROMO
ARM POWER. DAK > ROMO
Accuracy. DAK < ROMO
Reading Defense DAK < ROMO
escapability DAK < ROMO
run ability DAK > ROMO

DAK = 2
ROMO = 4

Nope not yet.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....:muttley:
The more the haters hate, the more records Dak breaks!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo was better.
But Romo was a gambler.
Dak is not.
Dak was more careful with the football.
Romo was more spectacular with the football.

I'm convince had Bill Parcells stayed, we would have, at the very least, made it to the NFC Championship. Romo needed a strong coach to rein in his gambling tendencies. He needed a Parcells or an Andy Reid or a Bill Belichick.

I always felt Romo knew more than Garrett, who rode Romo's coattails. As such, we had the quarterback we could win with, but the quarterback we could also lose with because we didn't have the coach who could provide the balance Romo needed. He was too much of a gunslinger.

As far as Dak, what makes him a good quarterback also keeps him at a level of mediocrity.

I applaud him for wanting to avoid turnovers, but sometimes, you've just got to trust your arm, the play and your receivers.

You can't climb into the "great" category until you do so.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Romo legend continues to grow....just like my 280 ft HR in high school which barely cleared the fence, which has now grown to 400 ft and dead centerfold when I tell my grandkids.....

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Romo legend continues to grow....just like my 280 ft HR in high school which barely cleared the fence, which has now grown to 400 ft and dead centerfold when I tell my grandkids.....
nice hit!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo's best was 2014
  • Led league in Passer Rating in Regular Season....Dak has never done that
  • Led league in Passer Rating in Playoffs...nor that
  • Led Dallas to the best December, offensively, in Cowboys history...average > 41 points and went 4-0....nor that
  • Led team to a playoff win and so close (Dez catch if they hold on?) to NFL Title game....nor that

Not a bad peak, but wish for deeper run, which is a team thing.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Both are the same...overrated, poor head coaching (excluding Tuna), poor OC, and no playoff success with talent all around them.

Nothing changed but the date on the calendar.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah, my point exactly...

You say "I was as big of a Romo fan as anyone when he played."

But you have zero issues with burying him now to prop your new guy (Dak) up.

You'll do the same to Dak when he's replaced while reminding us how much of a Dak fan you used to be.
I still am a big fan of Romo. Dak is just better IMO. I don't see that as crapping on Romo.

Whatever you need to tell yourself though.

Brax

Reaction score
Romo didn't take us anywhere in 2014 with Offensive Player of the Year Demarco Murray?
Like Dak took them nowhere with the best OL and best RB in the NFL in 2016,sad part is that was his best year as hollow stats do cut it and we know how 2017 turned out, thank god for Cooper in 2018.

GINeric

Reaction score
You've bought into a lot of lies there.
1) What makes Dak "better leader". Where has Dak lead us that Romo didn't? They must be closer than you make it out to be.
2) "clutch moments"? I am not sure how you measure this. DO you have a stat that shows how many times Romo was repeatedly forced to take the lead in the 4th quarter (because of bad D)? Not sure there is one.

"choker" you say. A lie! From 2006-14, Romo led 27 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and overtime. That is the most in the NFL over that span, one more than Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.
3) Dak is building an injury list his own self. Missed time with busted ankle. Injured last year, some people say these injuries are preventing him from playing his 2016 season. When you have up to 3 1st round picks on the line and a 1st round stud RB blocking....you are gonna get less injured.
4) #2) is a lie so you lose all credibility.

So you gave Romo the "bad D" crutch... but didn't give Dak the same "bad D" crutch when teams were gashing us for 200 yards on the ground.

Do you have a stat that shows us how many times Dak had to play from behind or have drives killed because we lead the league in penalties????

Dak started in the NFL his first season.... why didn't Romo??? If i remember correctly, Romo wasn't even drafted. I wonder why???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I still am a big fan of Romo. Dak is just better IMO. I don't see that as crapping on Romo.

Whatever you need to tell yourself though.
You can say he's better without the "Dak took his job" jabs you throw in there. We know how that went down. He didn't "take his job" in the way you're implying. Romo got injured and we rightfully stuck with the hot hand and Romo retired. His body failed him.

I see the jabs you throw towards a guy you claim to still be a big fan of.