Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

GINeric

Reaction score
So...NOW you use the eye test when the stats say otherwise. "Bro"....that ain't right. You running around beating people over the head with stats...now ignore a crucial one.

Ive stated before, and I'll say it again.... my EYES have WATCHED Dak play and put up these STATS. My message is the same, so stop trying to put some weak *** spin job on what I've said. My point has remained consistent.

If you can't understand something as simple as that, then thats not my fault, blame the folks who raised you. The **** isn't rocket science.

GINeric

Reaction score
Then act like it instead of getting bent out of shape and writing essays on it.

The beauty of life is, I can say or do whatever I want in this life. With that said, if you're going to pretend to know how football works and pretend to grade players "based on the production on the field" then act like it.

If you're going to pretend to have an intelligent bone in your body then act like it and produce stats and facts to back up your assumptions.

Its hard to take anyone serious "based on football production" when you put Dak tier 4, but has Matt Stafford at tier 2. Make that make sense....

I bet if Dak went to THAT Rams team and won 4 superbowls... for some reason, i have a hunch you would just raise him up to a tier 3 bum. LOL!!! Just got that feelin you would for some strange reason.... (wink)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The beauty of life is, I can say or do whatever I want in this life. With that said, if you're going to pretend to know how football works and pretend to grade players "based on the production on the field" then act like it.

If you're going to pretend to have an intelligent bone in your body then act like it and produce stats and facts to back up your assumptions.

Its hard to take anyone serious "based on football production" when you put Dak tier 4, but has Matt Stafford at tier 2. Make that make sense....

I bet if Dak went to THAT Rams team and won 4 superbowls... for some reason, i have a hunch you would just raise him up to a tier 3 bum. LOL!!! Just got that feelin you would for some strange reason.... (wink)
Well I'm glad that what you have chosen to do with your life is get worked up over my QB rankings.

I don't care about your opinions or if you, or anyone else for that matter, takes me seriously.

Redline360

Reaction score
Damn near everyone agreed from players, coaches, media, fans and etc. that Stafford was better then Dak. He was just in one of the worst possible situations ever.

So putting Stafford ahead of Dak would be common sense honestly. With your "eye test" even playing for Detroit, you could easily tell Stafford was a better football quarterback.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly. Romo haters have short memories or didn't stay up late to faithfully watch.

The poor guy often had to go out there 2-3-4 times to retake the lead. For better or worse...he put the team on his shoulders....his risks....like a true leader does. And continues to take the heat for TEAM failure.

Meanwhile...5 years later...we still have nothing from the guy the team and some fans thought/think is better than Romo.

In all reality...I don't think the team thought Dak was particularly better than Tony. They literally said "we don't want to upset the streak". Like a superstitious poker player. Embarrassing.

I think the same mistake that fans made concerning Romo is being made by fans concerning Dak. The quarterback is only part of the game. He's a big part, but can't make up for team failure. We have nothing because of team failure. Both quarterbacks have played well enough at times for us to win, but the team failed.

Some teams have shown that you don't have a superstar quarterback to win Super Bowls. Even last year, you had a quarterback who had barely been to the playoff and was 0-3 before he was traded to the Rams and got a Super Bowl title.

I don't see why our fans can't learn from that that it isn't all about the quarterback, and debating who was better doesn't really matter.

Redline360

Reaction score
I think the same mistake that fans made concerning Romo is being made by fans concerning Dak. The quarterback is only part of the game. He's a big part, but can't make up for team failure. We have nothing because of team failure. Both quarterbacks have played well enough at times for us to win, but the team failed.

Some teams have shown that you don't have a superstar quarterback to win Super Bowls. Even last year, you had a quarterback who had barely been to the playoff and was 0-3 before he was traded to the Rams and got a Super Bowl title.

I don't see why our fans can't learn from that that it isn't all about the quarterback, and debating who was better doesn't really matter.

Bingo...We have other major issues

While I believe Romo was a far superior quarterback, Dak is not slouch and could also deliver a title given a better team around him then Romo. But the whole Dak vs Romo thing is a mute point at the end of the day.
It wouldn't matter if we had Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers or etc. The team ownership / management / "entertainment culture" is the cancerous part of this organization.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bingo...We have other major issues

While I believe Romo was a far superior quarterback, Dak is not slouch and could also deliver a title given a better team around him then Romo. But the whole Dak vs Romo thing is a mute point at the end of the day.
It wouldn't matter if we had Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers or etc. The team ownership / management / "entertainment culture" is the cancerous part of this organization.

If we had had the No. 1 defense in 2014 and 2016 (like we had in the 1990s), it seems very likely that both Romo and Dak would have Super Bowl titles, and that's despite the limitations of Garrett's offensive coaching philosophy. For that matter, we might have one in 2007 if not for a bunch of team failures against the Giants.

GINeric

Reaction score
Well I'm glad that what you have chosen to do with your life is get worked up over my QB rankings.

I don't care about your opinions or if you, or anyone else for that matter, takes me seriously.

Damn kid, you're still assuming ****... im going to let you believe i get worked up over your uneducated QB analysis. Im trying to help you appear educated by encouraging you to present facts behind your attempt at football analysis, that don't mean i take you seriously.

I stopped taking you seriously when i realized the real reason you didn't like Dak. It's just that simple. Enjoy your day tho!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They were both paid the going rate for keeping the QB, they are/were not overpaid.

Any team that cannot improve its QB situation pays what the market rate is for a franchise QB or they take a chance on a different one.

In my opinion, just a mid level QB makes a better team because with a lower level one, there is little chance. McMahon, Dilfer, Johnson, E. Manning and Flacco were mid level but they played well enough to win it all for their teams. What would have happened if those teams decided to take the risk to upgrade?

Also imo, almost every player in the NFL, and you can add MLB. NBA and NHL, is over paid but it is what it is. Is Aaron Rodgers worth 4X what Montana got paid? 2.5 what P. Manning got paid?

The money keeps growing but the sports are not improving.

You do not have to pay a guy just cause you like him. Doesn't matter who they pay or how much, they will not build a team capable of getting to or winning a SB anytime in the near future unless they change their team building philisophy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Damn kid, you're still assuming ****... im going to let you believe i get worked up over your uneducated QB analysis. Im trying to help you appear educated by encouraging you to present facts behind your attempt at football analysis, that don't mean i take you seriously.

I stopped taking you seriously when i realized the real reason you didn't like Dak. It's just that simple. Enjoy your day tho!!
If you don't take me seriously then by all means prove it and ignore my posts, k?

Because my posts seem to get you really emotional and worked up. If you don't care about what I say, then you have a weird way of showing it.

Brax

Reaction score
I don't bury anybody. I just speak on what I see on the field and in the stat sheets. You acting like I said Dak was elite or something. He's not but he's better than Romo in more areas as a starting quarterback than Romo was. Thats just my opinion.

Im not like you though. I back my argument up with stats and moments. You are the same one who called Dak a bum and a tier 4 quarterback but FAILED MISERABLY to explain how a tier 4 bum could do what Dak has done with actual facts.

Your only problem with Dak is his skin color and the whole board knows that because I exposed you.
Why would having white light skin color have anything to do with anything, Lamar Jackson has brown color but he said he'd take him in a heart beat. Race cards either way don't work here, pathetic response when you have nothing.

Brax

Reaction score
Speaking truth doesn't make one hot, therefore there's no reason to cool down. Its amazing how certain things can be said here but it receives zero responses from you, but as soon as i identify BS here, you speak up. Lol!!! Hilarious....

You're defending the same bum who considered Dak a 4 tier bum, but couldn't explain how a 4 tier bum could put up numbers that many quarterbacks in a 100 year history couldn't.

When you can't explain disrespect to a player with actual facts to back it up, then 9 times out of 10, we all know certain dislikes for certain players has nothing to do with production on the field. That particular loser didn't even deny it.

So miss me with that one sided ****. Im going to call out BS when i see it, apparently thats a huge problem in our society today.
You need some help you are so far off base it's really laughable. keep interjecting your BS it's really sad to see.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why would having white light skin color have anything to do with anything, Lamar Jackson has brown color but he said he'd take him in a heart beat. Race cards either way don't work here, pathetic response when you have nothing.
The funniest part about this is that he started saying the "skin color" BS to me when I said I believe Mahomes is much better than Dak.......

Yeah, makes perfect sense, huh?