Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We count the Lions win in Romo’s column right . Well the ref swallows his whistle and Jerry sent him Xmas gift ….:facepalm:. I can’t help it if the “homers” on this board can’t handle the truth Jack Nicholson . Lucky to beat the mediocrity that the NFL had traveling to Dallas in that playoff game
I count the Lions win in the Cowboys column.

When you try and discredit it to prop up Dak and down Romo then you're trying to discredit the Cowboys.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's embarrassing and they clearly aren't fans of the Dallas Cowboys. There are a number pf people who are delighted that Dak Prescott is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. That's all that matters to them and as you state they aren't genuine fans of the team.
They're 100% not Cowboys fans.

They are like Lebron fans. They are fans of the player and will follow him wherever he goes. The team he's on doesn't matter.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I count the Lions win in the Cowboys column.

When you try and discredit it to prop up Dak and down Romo then you're trying to discredit the Cowboys.

Oh boy . It was a simple question . Do you prefer Dak or # 9 . We obviously disagree that’s all .

RonWashington

Reaction score
It’s rather pathetic when you say you prefer Dak your not a Cowboy fan but a LeBron fan ? Some posters need to have the “ homer “ tattoo removed have some objectivity . I said in yr 7 Dak is dangerously close to Romo’s playoff mediocrity .

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Oh boy . It was a simple question . Do you prefer Dak or # 9 . We obviously disagree that’s all .

I prefer which ever one can take this franchise to a championship. Romo couldn't do it and Dak is showing he isn't going to get it done either.

Its really kind of a dumb question, though, when one hasn't been in the league since 2016. The question that really needs to be asked is which current NFL QB would you take over Dak. There are several I would take over Dak.

It’s rather pathetic when you say you prefer Dak your not a Cowboy fan but a LeBron fan ?

It's about the limits some go to in their defense of Dak. Many come across as Dak fans, not Dallas Cowboys fans. They get more satisfaction out of Dak padding his stats than do about the team winning games.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Only Cowboys fans can fight each other trying to decide which of two great quarterbacks was or is better.

I was a huge Romo fan and now I am a huge Dak fan. I'm probably in the minority here but I have the audacity to support whoever is quarterback of my favorite team.

Let me just say there are things Romo did that Dak can't and there are things Dak can do that Romo couldn't. Unfortunately the one thing they do have in common is they are excellent quarterbacks being done dirty by the Cowboys' front office. Romo's career was wasted and we're about halfway through Dak's having the same fate. Jerry and Stephen, I'm talking about you.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys haven’t had an elite quarterback since Troy Aikman. This front office believes it can win a SB with an undrafted free agent or a 4th round player at that position.

Not gonna happen sports fans.

This team needs a a top five pick quarterback to get over the hump. This team needs a Burrow type quarterback. It’s just going to be more of the same for years to come if they don’t go in that direction.

Aikman had 5 good years in the league on one of the most loaded teams in NFL history. Even Dak could win a Super Bowl in that time span.

Aikman is one of the most overrated players to ever walk the field, and I actually like the guy - but as a player, he had a luxury 99.9% of players in NFL history, currently, and in the future will never have. That's a fact.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Only Cowboys fans can fight each other trying to decide which of two great quarterbacks was or is better.

I was a huge Romo fan and now I am a huge Dak fan. I'm probably in the minority here but I have the audacity to support whoever is quarterback of my favorite team.

Let me just say there are things Romo did that Dak can't and there are things Dak can do that Romo couldn't. Unfortunately the one thing they do have in common is they are excellent quarterbacks being done dirty by the Cowboys' front office. Romo's career was wasted and we're about halfway through Dak's having the same fate. Jerry and Stephen, I'm talking about you.
Also only Cowboys fans would believe Dak and Romo are "great QBs".

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
blah, blah, blah, he's the best quarterback ever! better than Roger or Troy.. probably better than anybody born or to be born to play QB.
You take people preferring Dak to Romo and turn it into this?

No one is saying nor even incenuating anything remotely close to this anywhere in this thread. Are you ok?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Aikman had 5 good years in the league on one of the most loaded teams in NFL history. Even Dak could win a Super Bowl in that time span.

Aikman is one of the most overrated players to ever walk the field, and I actually like the guy - but as a player, he had a luxury 99.9% of players in NFL history, currently, and in the future will never have. That's a fact.
Yes.

Let's bury 3 time Super Bowl champion Troy Aikman.

That's what a true Cowboys fan would do.

Do Roger next.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
From her last few pages….just because some things are so doesn’t mean other things aren’t right.

For example:

I think Tony is better than Dak. I also think Tony got a break on the Lions win because it was a horrible call. But that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t win that game. None of it takes away I think overall Tony just had more “it”/moxie/skill and did it behind a crap line for many years. It also doesn’t mean Dak sucks. See how that works?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he had some bad lines as well. But his career was not defined by the Phil costas and Mackenzie’s Bernadeus of the world he also played with solid lines

unfortunately his defenses were untimely bad. Sound familiar it hasn’t changed
Agreed. And it's not like we never invested in defense. But when you use a high pick to draft something like Jaylon......well...you probably aren't building a solid D.

Too many reaches and projects. Like Jerry knows things the rest of the league can;t possibly fathom. :facepalm::thumbdown:

GINeric

Reaction score

Stats are still used to pay players, extend players to max contracts, they determine who is hired and fired, they are used to position teams in the playoffs, stats are used to pay bonuses and incentives, they are used to determine the depth chart, stats are used to determine draft positioning, and they are used to determine who's inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

So if stats are useless, tell me which part of the stat usage above is a lie....