Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

DFWJC

Reaction score
100% agree.

I'd say Dak is better than Romo in 2 areas:
1) Ability to take off and run (even though Dak didn't run much last season. Hoping that changes now that he's had a year to get his ankle back).
2) Decision making (Haven't checked the numbers but I'm pretty sure Dak has less INTs and fumbles than Romo).

All other attributes I'd say Romo was the better player. Not by much though.
And even with #2. (decision-making).
Turnovers are only 1 part of it.
There are pre and post snap adjustments, choices to not throw a pass when you should (but are being conservative), etc that go into decision-making.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, he's only overrated to you.

Tell me what Aikman did outside of those 5 seasons he had talent at every single position. Give me his numbers, show me the playoff wins, show me the Super Bowl wins. He was trash when he was healthy. The dude just wasn't a great QB and didn't elevate from his play. Good leader but couldn't carry.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I can accept that outlook .
Why? It’s a disparaging opinion, except if it means a player who has never won a SB as part of a team. But, then thousands of current and former NFL players would be considered such. To me that term is reserved for players who have attitude problems and badly affect the success of teams, who are usually few and far between. Players like Ryan Leaf. Neither Dak nor Romo never not tried to win. They have different skill sets and levels and people prefer one to other usually based upon them, e.g., I think Romo could’ve helped the organization win a SB — all things being equal — better than Dak, but I don’t think either are losers per se, on or off the field.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So was 2014 both of whom failed on the defensive side of ball in playoffs. As did 2018 Rams shoved the ball down their throats by way of the run
Exactly. So why are we fighting about this?

Because you hate romo and zeke?

Dak has lead us to NOTHING more than we ever had. Do you rip his azz as much as Romo or Zeke? No...you just jump my azz every time I try to defend them...while giving dak a free pass...to nowhere. What the freak.

starfan1

Reaction score
Philly ? One? Is all we got? FORMIDABLE. FEARSOME.
I know but you said 5 or 6 years we could go back to the giants they won 2. Yes the division is not as beastly but they are not the worst division. They just aren’t the nfc west

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya in 2018 I thought jaylon was a genius pick. Boy was I wrong and to think what we could have had . Oh well water under bridge
I had high hopes as well. I didnt; like the pick. But I TRY to cheer on my team no matter what. Some fans don't...I get it.

Not sure what happened. He looked pretty good for a year or two...then did better giving high fives than tackling. Oh Well. Another high D pick wasted.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know but you said 5 or 6 years we could go back to the giants they won 2. Yes the division is not as beastly but they are not the worst division. They just aren’t the nfc west
Thank you for pointing out some specifics. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

My point is...don't BRAG on being the king of NFCE these days. It's embarrassing .

starfan1

Reaction score
Exactly. So why are we fighting about this?

Because you hate romo and zeke?

Dak has lead us to NOTHING more than we ever had. Do you rip his azz as much as Romo or Zeke? No...you just jump my azz every time I try to defend them...while giving dak a free pass...to nowhere. What the freak.
Sorry if you consider it jumping your arse I’m not but you used Dak and 2016 as a measuring stick And the line I’m just saying if your gonna use it for Dak use it for Romo

I could care less I’d Dak qbs for the next 10 years or 10 games I’m not emotionally invested like you are with zeke

in my mind to this point both Romo and Dak are failures but it’s not just them it’s Jerry that’s the biggest issue and garrett secondary

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak and Romo both beat Staubach and Aikman if you compare those same numbers.

Your "boy" Ken avoided the question, but maybe you won't.

Do you believe Dak and Romo are better than Aikman and Staubach?
I know you weren't aiming this in my direction, but no way Dak and Romo will ever be considered in the same league as Staubach and Aikman.
How could anyone with rational thought process disagree?

GINeric

Reaction score
Aren't you the same guy who was mocking people as internet tough guys hiding behind keyboards? You ever heard of psychological projection?

Glad to see you get the point about stats being for losers. Not sure why you're all worked up about it, though.

The difference with me is I don't hide behind keyboards, I actually pull up in person. Short notice or whatever, its just a flight. All I need is an address and a last name as proof of residence (because cowards will lie) and I appear on doorsteps. Have done it plenty of times.

With that said, I actually proved why stats are important, while proving that the people who think stats are for losers are the actual weak losers. Thanks for showing me psychological projection first hand.

I don't get worked up, I get entertained by lil people who like to pretend that they know what they're talking about despite being shown evidence that they don't. Its like shining a laser on the wall in front of a cat... you know they're too dumb to stop chasing something thats not actually attainable, but they keep chasing it anyway. Debating with dumb people is just as fun until I get bored and then I'll send them on their way....

On another note, a way that someone can prove that they aren't a weak *** loser is to prove that stats aren't used for everything that I've listed that they're used for. Show me where I lied about the way stats are used and the importance of its use according to what I listed.

I'll wait....

basel90

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys haven’t had an elite quarterback since Troy Aikman. This front office believes it can win a SB with an undrafted free agent or a 4th round player at that position.

Not gonna happen sports fans.

This team needs a a top five pick quarterback to get over the hump. This team needs a Burrow type quarterback. It’s just going to be more of the same for years to come if they don’t go in that direction.
i think dallas will face the stark reality after this coming season . Don't see the team doing much and will be lucky to get to the playoffs. Dak's limitations were very clear in the last few years . the injury distracted his on field limitations. If dallas has a bad season , which could be as bad as 7-10 by the way, dallas should look into another QB first rounder . Or Maybe grab baker mayfield as a transition ,. i think baker can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers/.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The difference with me is I don't hide behind keyboards, I actually pull up in person. Short notice or whatever, its just a flight. All I need is an address and a last name as proof of residence (because cowards will lie) and I appear on doorsteps. Have done it plenty of times.

How insecure of you.

With that said, I actually proved why stats are important, while proving that the people who think stats are for losers are the actual weak losers. Thanks for showing me psychological projection first hand.

This doesn't make me think you understand projection.

I don't get worked up, I get entertained by lil people who like to pretend that they know what they're talking about despite being shown evidence that they don't. Its like shining a laser on the wall in front of a cat... you know they're too dumb to stop chasing something thats not actually attainable, but they keep chasing it anyway. Debating with dumb people is just as fun until I get bored and then I'll send them on their way....

You're willing to take a flight to confront someone over an internet disagreement. You've, "done it before," yet you want us to believe you don't get worked up? I'll add, "lack of self awareness," to your list of foibles.

On another note, a way that someone can prove that they aren't a weak *** loser is to prove that stats aren't used for everything that I've listed that they're used for. Show me where I lied about the way stats are used and the importance of its use according to what I listed.

Nobody accused you of lying. I said, "stats are for losers."

I'll wait....

Eagerly, I assume. But as I said, no one accused you of lying so you're going to be waiting a long time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry if you consider it jumping your arse I’m not but you used Dak and 2016 as a measuring stick And the line I’m just saying if your gonna use it for Dak use it for Romo

I could care less I’d Dak qbs for the next 10 years or 10 games I’m not emotionally invested like you are with zeke

in my mind to this point both Romo and Dak are failures but it’s not just them it’s Jerry that’s the biggest issue and garrett secondary
So far dak is as much failure as zeke or romo. But you don't attack Dak. Why?

Because you aren't emotionally invested in Dak like you are with zeke and Tony.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll wait....

You think you "pull up in person"...on the internet. Unlike everyone else.

LOL dude...you are whack! :lmao::laugh::lmao2:

RonWashington

Reaction score
"Sweeping" the once feared NFCE now the epically worst ever.....I'm not bragging about that. What NCFE east team has gone more than one round that last...I dunno....5-6 years or so?

King of the worst is good enough for you. Got it.

Heck of alot better then 3-13-1 Skip