Seriously think about what this trash ownership has given us since Jimmy

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Bill Parcells TRASH teams and took 2 of them to the playoffs. Any other coach wouldn't have sqeezed more than 5 wins out of those teams
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

So there you have it 30 years of complete TRASH HCs with the exception of Parcells which a lot said at the time was to help Jerry get his new stadium. It is so sad when you let this sink in.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Bill Parcells TRASH teams and took 2 of them to the playoffs. Any other coach wouldn't have sqeezed more than 5 wins out of those teams
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

So there you have it 30 years of complete TRASH HCs with the exception of Parcells which a lot said at the time was to help Jerry get his new stadium. It is so sad when you let this sink in.
They've given you enough to keep coming back.

Flamma

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

Yep. The only time the team had any success was when they had a good coach. That '95 team was all Jimmy. The 2007 team was all Parcells built.

Fat Mike and his suffering skeleton does seem a little dopey. But let's see if he can put two good seasons together in a row. Maybe we can take him out of the over stressed TRASH compactor.

fansince68

Reaction score
Yep. The only time the team had any success was when they had a good coach. That '95 team was all Jimmy. The 2007 team was all Parcells built.

Fat Mike and his suffering skeleton does seem a little dopey. But let's see if he can put two good seasons together in a row. Maybe we can take him out of the over stressed TRASH compactor.
Commanders, trash! Eagles, trash! Giants, trash!.....12-4 record mirage.....

Hadenough

Reaction score
Commanders, trash! Eagles, trash! Giants, trash!.....12-4 record mirage.....
Eagles drafted a #1 qb and they win a SB and the Giants did the same with Eli. Say what you want about Wentz but before his injury he was kicking azz and without him they don't make the playoffs. This organization hasn't won squat since after Aikman.

Xeven

Reaction score
Jerry got lucky with Jimmy. Everything else since is failure.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Eagles drafted a #1 qb and they win a SB and the Giants did the same with Eli. Say what you want about Wentz but before his injury he was kicking azz and without him they don't make the playoffs. This organization hasn't won squat since after Aikman.

I think he means last year, listing teams you beat to get to 12-5

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

Barry Switzer led us to a championship in 1995. I don’t care that it was with Jimmy’s players he kept that team together after a very disappointing loss the previous year in the NFC title game to San Francisco. It appeared the Cowboys Super Bowl run was over. The championship we won in 1995 helped avenge one of the losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl during the 70s and it propelled the Cowboys to the team of the decade in the 90s. Fans can say what they will about Barry Switzer but he does deserve some credit.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barry Switzer led us to a championship in 1995. I don’t care that it was with Jimmy’s players he kept that team together after a very disappointing loss the following year in the NFC title game to San Francisco. It appeared the Cowboys Super Bowl run was over. The championship we won in 1995 helped avenge one of the losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl during the 70s and it propelled the Cowboys to the team of the decade in the 90s. Fans can say what they will about Barry Switzer but he does deserve some credit.
On the flip side switzer was the reason we didnt win 3 in a row and if we would have and then won 4 in a row I would give him some credit other wise he stays on the trash heap in my book.

Big_D

Reaction score
This POS over 30 years has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he had nothing to do with those Super Bowls. He had every opportunity to earn the credit he so desperately craves and has failed miserably!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
On the flip side switzer was the reason we didnt win 3 in a row and if we would have and then won 4 in a row I would give him some credit other wise he stays on the trash heap in my book.

I find it ridiculous that fans blame Barry Switzer for the Cowboys not winning three straight Super Bowls. We reached the NFC title game against a great San Francisco team on the road. I’m not going to blame him that we had several early turnovers in that game that ultimately cost us. If anything cost us three Super Bowls in a row it was Jimmy leaving, however those turnovers could’ve occurred with Jimmy. It’s not like we never lost a game due to a turnover when Jimmy was here.

ESisback

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

Somewhere north of 10 wins in 2022 is my prediction. If it doesn’t happen, I’ll somehow manage to soldier on. Hopeful speculation beats perpetual misery. No embarrassment, no apologies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

The coaching is only half of it. never the talent to win either.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet here we are and with some here that still spend money with him. At least I don't see them doing the majority of the complaining.

Fans do not necessarily get what they deserve but they do get what their willing to accept.

If the 26 years of futility isn't enough, just stick around, this streak doesn't show a lot of promise of slowing down.

When he doesn't have to win to "win" what makes anyone think this is going to change? The blind squirrel finding an acorn? At least that squirrel gets down on the ground to try and fine one.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Jerry’s dumb.

That said. They’re coming close to me in Nashville so I’ll probably drop a grand or so taking the family to the game.

So who’s the dumbest?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry’s dumb.

That said. They’re coming close to me in Nashville so I’ll probably drop a grand or so taking the family to the game.

So who’s the dumbest?
That is not dumb, you are a fan. Are all the CLE, DET, NYJ, JAX and WAS fans dumb? They keep lining up to support their team and they continue to hope in spite of the history. They support their team.

There is no way anyone here that financially supports this team should feel any qualms about that. Even complaining about the ineptitude of management and still going to games is perfectly fine.

We should never criticize any fellow posters here for how they spend their money or their time.

This reminds me of Reid. Takes his family to games and even after a bad game, he's happy the time they spent together.

It is not about trophies or winning, it is about fan loyalty and every one of us should feel good about that. And those that tell the complainers to go find another team just don't get it.