Seriously think about what this trash ownership has given us since Jimmy

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Bill Parcells TRASH teams and took 2 of them to the playoffs. Any other coach wouldn't have sqeezed more than 5 wins out of those teams
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

So there you have it 30 years of complete TRASH HCs with the exception of Parcells which a lot said at the time was to help Jerry get his new stadium. It is so sad when you let this sink in.

So...you're done as a fan? This is where you draw the line?

elcowboi

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Bill Parcells TRASH teams and took 2 of them to the playoffs. Any other coach wouldn't have sqeezed more than 5 wins out of those teams
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

So there you have it 30 years of complete TRASH HCs with the exception of Parcells which a lot said at the time was to help Jerry get his new stadium. It is so sad when you let this sink in.

And we still watch every year...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'll say it yet again....

Jerry hires real coaches and we have success.

Jerry hires one of his puppets and we don't.

Maybe this changes when his ego leaves the building.

The kid is cheap, and not good enough to want to be exposed by making trades to try to get better, but I'm not sure he doesnt want a big time coach around so he won't steal the spotlight.

This is what I'm clinging to these days.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I truly hope you all recover from this difficult time.

RandyOh

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter who is coaching if your owner makes himself GM and makes all decisions. Including keeping players way past there expectation date because he views them as his children.

Big D

Reaction score
Switzer was a good coach. I would've liked to see him get a fair shot at building the team up. Parcells was good too he was just at the end of his rope. Not sure how you put them in trash category.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Barry Switzer led us to a championship in 1995. I don’t care that it was with Jimmy’s players he kept that team together after a very disappointing loss the previous year in the NFC title game to San Francisco. It appeared the Cowboys Super Bowl run was over. The championship we won in 1995 helped avenge one of the losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl during the 70s and it propelled the Cowboys to the team of the decade in the 90s. Fans can say what they will about Barry Switzer but he does deserve some credit.

The only credit i give Switzer is he had the intelligence to just get out of the way. If only Jerry had the same intelligence now. That team was Jimmy's and it won running on auto-pilot. Switzer was a great college coach.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only credit i give Switzer is he had the intelligence to just get out of the way. If only Jerry had the same intelligence now. That team was Jimmy's and it won running on auto-pilot. Switzer was a great college coach.

The players were real upset when Jimmy left and had they not bought into Switzer we would’ve never even reached the NFC title game in 94. The bottom line is Switzer had the third best playoff record 5-2 of any coach the Cowboys had and won a Super Bowl. Fans are always looking to blame someone for the teams demise in the 90s and if it’s not Jerry it’s Barry Switzer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
How many of these threads are we going to have this offseason?
This must be at least the 7th or 8th already, saying the same thing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

Jerry has to be large and in charge.
That leaves very little gravitas for the HC.

Them

Reaction score
... It could always be worse for some NFL fans I suppose...If you remember the old Chicago Cardinals, that became the St. Louis Cardinals, who became the Arizona Cardinals....As a Franchise the Cardinals haven't won a NFL Championship since 1947!...Yikes!
:thumbdown:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... It could always be worse for some NFL fans I suppose...If you remember the old Chicago Cardinals, that became the St. Louis Cardinals, who became the Arizona Cardinals....As a Franchise the Cardinals haven't won a NFL Championship since 1947!...Yikes!
:thumbdown:
Yeah, I know, I was a Cards fan prior to going Cowboys heavy. And that might be why I can adjust to losing as a Cowboys fan, I didn't move over until 1968, a loss, so it wasn't the winning that won me over.

It is not necessary that they win for me. I sat there that day watching a team fight with everything they had in the most brutal conditions imaginable in a game they were not supposed to be in because of those conditions and their rap for being the "finesse" team.

I worked with a guy from GB that was at that game with his father and brother that day. And according to him the phrase "how bout dem Cowboys" was not Johnson's line but the Packers fans after that game. Don't know if any team gained more respect in a loss than that 68 Cowboys team on that field.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Barry Switzer led us to a championship in 1995. I don’t care that it was with Jimmy’s players he kept that team together after a very disappointing loss the previous year in the NFC title game to San Francisco. It appeared the Cowboys Super Bowl run was over. The championship we won in 1995 helped avenge one of the losses to the Steelers in the Super Bowl during the 70s and it propelled the Cowboys to the team of the decade in the 90s. Fans can say what they will about Barry Switzer but he does deserve some credit.
Barry is about the only one of those I actually didn't mind (minus Parcells). It wasn't worth losing Jimmy though and after Barry won the SB Jerry thought he could win another the same way. He couldn't. Those teams were so good they could practically run themselves.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Barry is about the only one of those I actually didn't mind (minus Parcells). It wasn't worth losing Jimmy though and after Barry won the SB Jerry thought he could win another the same way. He couldn't. Those teams were so good they could practically run themselves.

Unfortunately age and free agency tore those 90s teams apart.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it ridiculous that fans blame Barry Switzer for the Cowboys not winning three straight Super Bowls. We reached the NFC title game against a great San Francisco team on the road. I’m not going to blame him that we had several early turnovers in that game that ultimately cost us. If anything cost us three Super Bowls in a row it was Jimmy leaving, however those turnovers could’ve occurred with Jimmy. It’s not like we never lost a game due to a turnover when Jimmy was here.
Well lets just say Barry wasn't Jimmy and Barry didn't provide the discipline that Jimmy did and that hurt the team, Im not saying switzer wasn't a heck of a college coach all I'm saying that he didnt do anything but ride Jimmy's coat tails for a short time while in Dallas

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whats ridic

Well lets just say Barry wasn't Jimmy and Barry didn't provide the discipline that Jimmy did and that hurt the team, Im not saying switzer wasn't a heck of a college coach all I'm saying that he didnt do anything but ride Jimmy's coat tails for a short time while in Dallas

Like I said earlier the players still had a buy into Switzer. The players loved Jimmy so Switzer had to do a sell job to keep the team together and motivated. You don’t ride another head coaches coattails to a championship, especially two years after they left. Free agency came in 1993 and the team had already lost some key role players by 95. Free agency eventually did us in. Jimmy had a little success in the free agency era. Look no further than his record in Miami.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said earlier the players still had a buy into Switzer. The players loved Jimmy so Switzer had to do a sell job to keep the team together and motivated. You don’t ride another head coaches coattails to a championship, especially two years after they left. Free agency came in 1993 and the team had already lost some key role players by 95. Free agency eventually did us in. Jimmy had a little success in the free agency era. Look no further than his record in Miami.
No clue what jimmy's record in Miami has to do with Switzer letting the cowboys miss the super bowl with the talent they had that first year and then slide to 6-10 and then ride out with his tail between his legs after Jimmys team was gone and he lost what little respect he had because he was soft with no discipline but what ever makes you feel good or feel right.:thumbup: