Seriously think about what this trash ownership has given us since Jimmy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No clue what jimmy's record in Miami has to do with Switzer letting the cowboys miss the super bowl with the talent they had that first year and then slide to 6-10 and then ride out with his tail between his legs after Jimmys team was gone and he lost what little respect he had because he was soft with no discipline but what ever makes you feel good or feel right.:thumbup:

They missed the Super Bowl against a great 49ers team. Had it not been for those early turnovers we probably would’ve won that game. I’m not going to pin Barry Switzer for those turnovers. Other than those turnovers the Cowboys played well and rallied. The Cowboys didn’t then slide to 6-10, they won the Super Bowl the following year. It’s pretty silly trashing Switzer when he led the Cowboys to their last championship. He only had one bad season coaching the Cowboys. Things didn’t start getting bad until after he was fired. Go look at our records with Gailey and Campo. Lol As for Jimmy’s record in Miami he didn’t turn them into a championship team. Miami was having salary cap problems just like we did. Free agency ended up dismantling our great teams. You can’t win without great players Jimmy found that out his first two seasons in Dallas.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Jerry’s dumb.

That said. They’re coming close to me in Nashville so I’ll probably drop a grand or so taking the family to the game.

So who’s the dumbest?
Lol, that's the one I wan't to go to this year. Hope it lines up with my schedule.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Bary Switzer was a good college coach but he washed up by the time he arrived in Dallas. His job was to just show up and not make any waves, but that style wore on players like Aikman because Switzer's teams lacked accountability and discipline which slowly eroded during Switzer's sorry *** tenure here. Switzer was such a weak leader that he didn't support his franchise QB against racism accusations because Aikman had to be the disciplinarian while Switzer ate hot dogs on the sideline. Haley and Irvin had to step up and support the QB while Switzer just sat on the sideline because he didn't like Troy. Switzer sucked here in Dallas and we won a SB in spite of him and because of the core players/leaders on this team that held it together after Jimmy left.

https://www.deseret.com/1996/1/26/19221359/cowboys-defend-aikman-say-racist-stories-not-true

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bary Switzer was a good college coach but he washed up by the time he arrived in Dallas. His job was to just show up and not make any waves, but that style wore on players like Aikman because Switzer's teams lacked accountability and discipline which slowly eroded during Switzer's sorry *** tenure here. Switzer was such a weak leader that he didn't support his franchise QB against racism accusations because Aikman had to be the disciplinarian while Switzer ate hot dogs on the sideline. Haley and Irvin had to step up and support the QB while Switzer just sat on the sideline because he didn't like Troy. Switzer sucked here in Dallas and we won a SB in spite of him and because of the core players/leaders on this team that held it together after Jimmy left.

https://www.deseret.com/1996/1/26/19221359/cowboys-defend-aikman-say-racist-stories-not-true

Well said, it is one of those periods in which history's facade of the period wont tell the entire truth about Switzer's tenure in Dallas. Spin doctors will key in on his trip to the championship appearance his first year and super bowl win the next, but sweep the rest of the story including how the cowboys could have been the most dominate team in NFL history with 4 rings in a row. I don't blame Switzer, not sure any one but Jimmy could have pulled it off but on the other hand lets not put BS up on a pedestal he doesn't deserve to be on. Truth is super bowl win or not he was not a good NFL coach, Jerry was close when he said something like "anybody could win a super bowl with this team" and certainly could not handle Jerry like Jimmy was able to do for two years.

kskboys

Reaction score
They missed the Super Bowl against a great 49ers team. Had it not been for those early turnovers we probably would’ve won that game. I’m not going to pin Barry Switzer for those turnovers. Other than those turnovers the Cowboys played well and rallied. The Cowboys didn’t then slide to 6-10, they won the Super Bowl the following year. It’s pretty silly trashing Switzer when he led the Cowboys to their last championship. He only had one bad season coaching the Cowboys. Things didn’t start getting bad until after he was fired. Go look at our records with Gailey and Campo. Lol As for Jimmy’s record in Miami he didn’t turn them into a championship team. Miami was having salary cap problems just like we did. Free agency ended up dismantling our great teams. You can’t win without great players Jimmy found that out his first two seasons in Dallas.
Switzer is one of the worst coaches all time in the NFL, and easily the worst coach to win a super bowl. You are ignoring a ton of details and facts to think otherwise. I mean, this isn't even debated any more. Do you also believe in the flat earth theory?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Well said, it is one of those periods in which history's facade of the period wont tell the entire truth about Switzer's tenure in Dallas. Spin doctors will key in on his trip to the championship appearance his first year and super bowl win the next, but sweep the rest of the story including how the cowboys could have been the most dominate team in NFL history with 4 rings in a row. I don't blame Switzer, not sure any one but Jimmy could have pulled it off but on the other hand lets not put BS up on a pedestal he doesn't deserve to be on. Truth is super bowl win or not he was not a good NFL coach, Jerry was close when he said something like "anybody could win a super bowl with this team" and certainly could not handle Jerry like Jimmy was able to do for two years.

Spot on. This idea that he was a good NFL HC is pure BS. And I get a kick out of all these "he was a good HC" posts and these guys couldn't get a sniff from other teams (see Garrett, Jason).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Switzer is one of the worst coaches all time in the NFL, and easily the worst coach to win a super bowl. You are ignoring a ton of details and facts to think otherwise. I mean, this isn't even debated any more. Do you also believe in the flat earth theory?

This is all coming from a guy who doesn’t even know how to copy and paste a link. lol You continue to show your lack of insight into football. You actually believe Barry Switzer is easily the worst NFL head coach of all time? I’m not about to waste my time with anyone ridiculous enough to believe that. :laugh:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Barry Switzer TRASH
Chan Gailey TRASH
Dave Campo TRASH
Bill Parcells TRASH teams and took 2 of them to the playoffs. Any other coach wouldn't have sqeezed more than 5 wins out of those teams
Wade Phillips TRASH
Jason Garrett TRASH
Mike McCarthy TRASH

So there you have it 30 years of complete TRASH HCs with the exception of Parcells which a lot said at the time was to help Jerry get his new stadium. It is so sad when you let this sink in.
100pct hard truth here.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is all coming from a guy who doesn’t even know how to copy and paste a link. lol You continue to show your lack of insight into football. You actually believe Barry Switzer is easily the worst NFL head coach of all time? I’m not about to waste my time with anyone ridiculous enough to believe that. :laugh:
When you immediately start w/ the childish insults, you have conceded that you have lost the argument. Better luck next time, and maybe try to be less immature, hey?

Oh, and hone up on your reading skills. Your comprehension of my post was quite grade schoolish.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you immediately start w/ the childish insults, you have conceded that you have lost the argument. Better luck next time, and maybe try to be less immature, hey?

Oh, and hone up on your reading skills. Your comprehension of my post was quite grade schoolish.

I posted a fact that you didn’t or still don’t know how to copy and paste a link. I tried showing you how a few years ago. Someone else even attempted to school you on it. You attempt to insult the intelligence of fans as much as anyone. Most of the time you don’t even post accurate information.