Twitter: Several Cowboys Announced Centennial Slate HOF Finalists

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like nothing better than to see it but I feel sure Jerry would be opposed to agreeing to it, in view of their monumental falling out. ;)
Well, I'd like a vacation home in Tahiti with Jessica Alba waiting in the bedroom better, but that's just me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy Johnson needs to be in the ROH.
If Jerry can put up a Statue of Tom Landry at Jerry World, he should be able to put Jimmy into the RoH (Assuming Jimmy would accept).

What Jimmy accomplished in just 5 years was one of the top accomplishments in sports history.

The Cowboys had Mike Irving, Herschel Walker and the top pick in the draft.

The above players and pick were the only assets that would have had value to other teams.

That was basically it in regards to what Jimmy inherited.

Their scouting dept. and everything else had fallen apart because previous owner Bum Bright cut all budgets to the minimum.

Jimmy did inherit some players that he developed into good players.

The players below became good players but had minimal value at the time Jimmy took over.

Tuinei: Had been a DLineman that converted to OLineman.
Ken Norton Jr.: Had played 3 total games with zero starts.

Nate Newton and Kevin Gogan:
Just barely handing on to NFL jobs when Jimmy arrived.
They had been in competition with each other for the RT spot.

Bill Bates: Stayed as a Special Teams player.

DE Jim Jeffcoat: Stayed as a backup on the Super Bowl teams.

Kelvin Martin: Was the punt returner for the 92 SB team.

Eugene Lockhart: Thrown in on a trade that Jimmy made with New England.
:hammer:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has already pretty much said Jimmy, Witten, and Romo are going to be in - it's about getting players from even older generations in that have been missed.

I haven't heard that but if so, it could potentially do Jerry's image a favor. Nevertheless, I'll believe it when I see it. Nice thought, regardless.
Well, I'd like a vacation home in Tahiti with Jessica Alba waiting in the bedroom better, but that's just me.

I certainly can't blame you for that -- kinda sounds like a wet dream, to be sure. It's hard for me to picture Jerry being that forgiving but stranger things have happened, I suppose. Would Jerry, being who he is, choose to do that after Jimmy made so many unflattering comments about him, long after their feud was over? As I recall, Jimmy referred to Jerry as "just a rich a-hole" not so long ago. It'd come as a surprise to me if Jerry proved to be that forgiving. You might have a better chance to get that meeting with Jessica Alba before Jerry puts Jimmy in the ROH after saying that! ;)

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I am thankful Jimmy Johnson made the pre-induction class cut, it is... (take a breath DE)... about (don't curse DE) time Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris and Clint Murchison are in prime position of finally getting past the Board of Selectors historical nonsense.

15 available slots

10 for senior players

3 for contributors

There are 20 senior player finalists. Harris and Pearson, both of whom are the only 1970's NFL All-Decade team members NOT in the Hall, must edge out 10 of their peers to finally get enshrined. Murchison must overcome the legacies of seven other contributors.

All three SHOULD HAVE excellent chances of getting in. I should do a comparative bio of everyone they must beat out before any of them get screwed again.

On the subject of Darren Woodson... He will get in eventually. His wait has been relatively short by comparison. He can wait a while longer. There are other people who should have received the privilege of getting enshrined decades ago.

It is a pathetic shame Chuck Howley did not even share in this particular honor though. Slights by the BoS are practically criminal...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I haven't heard that but if so, it could potentially do Jerry's image a favor. Nevertheless, I'll believe it when I see it. Nice thought, regardless.

I certainly can't blame you for that -- really sounds like a wet dream, to be sure. It's hard for me to picture Jerry being that forgiving but stranger things have happened, I suppose. Would Jerry being who he is choose to do that after Jimmy has made so many unflattering comments about him, long after their feud was over? As I recall, Jimmy referred to Jerry as "just a rich a-hole" not so long ago. It'd come as a surprise to me if Jerry proved to be that forgiving. You might have a better chance to get that meeting with Jessica before Jerry puts him in the ROH after that! ;)

Both Jerry and Jimmy have both come out and stated fans need to relax about the split between the two in the 90s. Jimmy has even said in that ESPN doc on the 90s cowboys he was going to be gone either way, he actually had a date circled on his calendar when he was going to leave.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ly-adding-jimmy-johnson-to-cowboys-ring-of-ho

"Just so we're clear, you know me: I want to make anything we do in that Ring of Honor—I want to make it have its own special attention, so I'm not going to get into that right now," he said, per Todd Archer of ESPN.com. "But I hope it was obvious up there how much I appreciated what Jimmy has contributed to the Cowboys [and] his, frankly, lifelong friendship.

"Our differences, while they were certainly visible and magnitude because of the nature of it, if you really look at our friendship over the years, there's just not that much to fuss about," he continued. "And so, it was pretty easy to reflect back on his contribution and what he meant.
"

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Both Jerry and Jimmy have both come out and stated fans need to relax about the split between the two in the 90s. Jimmy has even said in that ESPN doc on the 90s cowboys he was going to be gone either way, he actually had a date circled on his calendar when he was going to leave.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ly-adding-jimmy-johnson-to-cowboys-ring-of-ho

"Just so we're clear, you know me: I want to make anything we do in that Ring of Honor—I want to make it have its own special attention, so I'm not going to get into that right now," he said, per Todd Archer of ESPN.com. "But I hope it was obvious up there how much I appreciated what Jimmy has contributed to the Cowboys [and] his, frankly, lifelong friendship.

"Our differences, while they were certainly visible and magnitude because of the nature of it, if you really look at our friendship over the years, there's just not that much to fuss about," he continued. "And so, it was pretty easy to reflect back on his contribution and what he meant.
"

Perhaps Jerry and Jimmy had such a coming-together if that's all true. We'll see what comes of it in the days to come, assuming it's not just claims that Jerry made in a drunken stupor or to seem noble. In any case, we'll see what comes of it. It'd be good for both of them to bury the hatchet, at long last.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st team AP All-Pro Selections at LB
Howley 5
Gradishar 2*
Nobis 1*

* made list of finalists
Thanks for posting.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors are filled with, not all, but too many *******s.

Yep. Every now and then even I allow the site's language filter do its magic too.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Wow, good news for Jimmy. I always thought he had a tough case to get in the “normal” way, but this centennial business gives him a real shot. I like his odds looking at the list.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Johnson has a good shot here, and frankly, having the greatest trade that created one of the most popular dynasties in all of sports should be enough to get him in. That's not even bias talking, it's absurd to think he's not in already.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Drew Pearson and Cliff Harris are the only two players from the 1970s All Decade first team who aren't in the hall of fame.