Twitter: Several Cowboys Announced Centennial Slate HOF Finalists

RoboQB

Reaction score
While I am thankful Jimmy Johnson made the pre-induction class cut, it is... (take a breath DE)... about (don't curse DE) time Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris and Clint Murchison are in prime position of finally getting past the Board of Selectors historical nonsense.

15 available slots

10 for senior players

3 for contributors

There are 20 senior player finalists. Harris and Pearson, both of whom are the only 1970's NFL All-Decade team members NOT in the Hall, must edge out 10 of their peers to finally get enshrined. Murchison must overcome the legacies of seven other contributors.

All three SHOULD HAVE excellent chances of getting in. I should do a comparative bio of everyone they must beat out before any of them get screwed again.

On the subject of Darren Woodson... He will get in eventually. His wait has been relatively short by comparison. He can wait a while longer. There are other people who should have received the privilege of getting enshrined decades ago.

It is a pathetic shame Chuck Howley did not even share in this particular honor though. Slights by the BoS are practically criminal...

Now see, this post is a prime example of why we should allow cursing here.
I'm worried about ya, DE. All that anger being held back. Can't hold it forever.
You might be sitting in church on Sunday morning and just burst out cursing like a sailor.

(Tongue in cheek...lol)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
While I am thankful Jimmy Johnson made the pre-induction class cut, it is... (take a breath DE)... about (don't curse DE) time Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris and Clint Murchison are in prime position of finally getting past the Board of Selectors historical nonsense.

15 available slots

10 for senior players

3 for contributors

There are 20 senior player finalists. Harris and Pearson, both of whom are the only 1970's NFL All-Decade team members NOT in the Hall, must edge out 10 of their peers to finally get enshrined. Murchison must overcome the legacies of seven other contributors.

All three SHOULD HAVE excellent chances of getting in. I should do a comparative bio of everyone they must beat out before any of them get screwed again.

On the subject of Darren Woodson... He will get in eventually. His wait has been relatively short by comparison. He can wait a while longer. There are other people who should have received the privilege of getting enshrined decades ago.

It is a pathetic shame Chuck Howley did not even share in this particular honor though. Slights by the BoS are practically criminal...

Agree about Chuck Howley.

how can anyone pick another Cowboys when Howley isn’t in the HoF???

J817

Reaction score
Wow, good news for Jimmy. I always thought he had a tough case to get in the “normal” way, but this centennial business gives him a real shot. I like his odds looking at the list.

Jimmy’s case against him being in the HOF has always been that he didn’t coach enough years in the league, and ya know I understood that. Then they let Terrell “only two great years” Davis is HOF. Jimmy should be a shoe in imo now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If they have to pick 10, Harris or Pearson for sure are going to get in this time. At least one of them. I don't understand why they want 3 contributors and 2 coaches. It should be 4 coaches and 1 contributor. There's a bunch of owners who couldn't figure out how to keep their teams in the hometown on that list. I'd give it to Steve Sabol. That guy is as legendary as Steven Spielberg. Who doesn't know the theme to NFL Films and the lines "On the cold tundra of...."

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
An owner who hired competent people, then sat back without interfering and let them do their jobs--with a result of 20 consecutive winning seasons? I'm rooting hard for Clint Murchison to get in. If fact, take Jerry's bust out of Canton and replace it with Muchison's.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
An owner who hired competent people, then sat back without interfering and let them do their jobs--with a result of 20 consecutive winning seasons? I'm rooting hard for Clint Murchison to get in. If fact, take Jerry's bust out of Canton and replace it with Muchison's.
Jerry should put him in the ROH too because he actually knew how to run a franchise.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that's the case. Not too long ago, Jimmy had some unflattering words about Jerry, calling him "just a rich a-hole."
Jimmy has noted though that he has a lot of respect for Jerry. During his HOF shindig, Jimmy praised Jerry's passion and love for the game. I don't think they dislike each other as people.

They just can't/couldn't work together. Happens sometimes in business.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
*Hall of Fame

EMPNpXbXUAE3ZBe

This was their chance to get it right with Chuck Howley, and they dropped the ball.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*Hall of Fame

EMPNpXbXUAE3ZBe

This was their chance to get it right with Chuck Howley, and they dropped the ball.
Maybe it is time to take radical action? Rich Gosselin represents the NFL city of Dallas on the Selection Committee. Perhaps someone should grab a shotgun and join Gosselin during next year's discussions for nominating ex-players. The person with the shotgun could stand with Gosselin while he makes his pitch for Howley before the board. Past dissenters would surely see the light finally and agree. Or see buckshot at close distance. Howley would end up with enough votes for enshrinement. One way. Or another.