Twitter: Several Cowboys Announced Centennial Slate HOF Finalists

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Maybe it is time to take radical action? Rich Gosselin represents the NFL city of Dallas on the Selection Committee. Perhaps someone should grab a shotgun and join Gosselin during next year's discussions for nominating ex-players. The person with the shotgun could stand with Gosselin while he makes his pitch for Howley before the board. Past dissenters would surely see the light finally and agree. Or see buckshot at close distance. Howley would end up with enough votes for enshrinement. One way. Or another.
I've sent him a couple of tweets already, both met with silence.

He's more concerned about Charley Hennigan's snub, and about praising Carson Wentz at the moment.

Plankton

Reaction score
If I had the vote, using that list, I would select:

COACHES
Jimmy Johnson
Dan Reeves

CONTRIBUTORS
Bucko Kilroy - the first superscout
Steve Sabol
George Young

SENIORS
Cliff Branch
Bobby Dillon
Ox Emerson
Cliff Harris
Alex Karras
Tommy Nobis
Drew Pearson
Duke Slater
Ed Sprinkle
Al Wistert

I would induct Chuck Howley over pretty much everyone on the Seniors list. There's a lot to debate about guys like Ralph Neely. Anyone else would be a bit of a stretch, as a lot of the Seniors list in general is.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I have little question Lynch gets in before Woodson.
I know...and it frustrates the hell out of me. If you look at simply numbers ..very similar. and I know it's not just numbers...but Woody revolutionized the position...has 3 rings...which he was a large part of...Dallas all time leader in tackles...on and on...but Lynch for some reason gets the love for that Tampa Defense that won 1 SB....Lynch couldn't do what Woody did...and Woody did everything Lynch did.

plasticman

Reaction score
Gotta agree on Howley, who had just as much impact on Super Bowl 6 as he had as the MVP in Super Bowl 5. The bigger the stage, the greater his contribution.

The Landry Cowboys are grossly underrepresented. The addition of Drew Pearson would be a step in the right direction.

Number1

Reaction score
Howley should be in 2 decades ago:

Super Bowl champion (VI)
Super Bowl MVP (V)
6× Pro Bowl (1965–1969, 1971)
5× First-team All-Pro (1966–1970)
Second-team All-Pro (1971)

Cornell Green not far behind

All due respect to many players who have come and gone, and are now playing ... I've never seen a better or harder hitting tackler. And a true shut down cover guy vs anybody.

Arguably the best DB to ever play the game.

Moving his all pro 6'3 208" CB to SS in '70 is one the smartest things Landry ever did.